Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

He used to practice Stoicism, then deviated from it pretty remarkably over the past few years as it's started to make a comeback. Journaling and exercise are Stoic practices, but the rest is his own BS.

Edited by MillerEP

• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

So he gets up, has some quiet time, plans his day, has breakfast, exercises, gets dressed, and goes to work?  
As Pacino says in "Heat"...I am Over-Fucking-Whelmed. 
The future is now.  

Want to know how I can tell he has no young kids?

Guest Lobo
3 minutes ago, Homercles said:

Want to know how I can tell he has no young kids?

Yeah, exactly.  I mean, even when I didn't...I did some version of what he said; I'd wake up and spend some time alone just in thought or outside without my roommate, and later on---my wife.  I'd kinda go over my day either with a calendar/daytimer or just on scratch paper.  I'd eat something, probably not as good for me as what he eats.  I'd then hit the treadmill or swim for a bit, again not as Core/Paleo/CrossFit awesome as he.  Shit, shower, shave and get on the road.  

Again, everything he does in that list---he does better than me with better stuff, better food, and better goals.  But surely he knows on some level that most working Americans do most of his list...obviously to varying degrees.  But if we didn't, does he not know that most of us would just veer into oncoming traffic?  

I'd have respect for his suggested regiment if he was selling some product to go along side it.  I mean, he's almost as sublimely idiot as, "Then I like to eat something so I can shit...before I shower."   Yeah man, we get it.  Your order of things is awesome...but it's also what 95% of the adult population in this country at least prefers to do.  Of course, kids and other shit get in the way.  But come up with something original like, "I have sex at dawn, then masturbate, then do crossfit, before taking a shit while I read my own book, then sleep from 10am-7pm, before shitting again, get to the office at 8pm, make smoothies for my late-night swim across the littoral ship lanes near my beach house, before dropping peyote before a series of calls with China, then journaling bullet points after that, then I shove an actual bullet up my ass, before catching a steam batch and yoga sesh until just before sunrise."  

That, I would subscribe to.