Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Manning will start next year. Arch for 2 years is the most optimal outcome for all. MM will look good somewhere else though. 

He could’ve transferred out this year why would he wait? He’s a longhorn, he’s helped recruit the fuck out of guys and deserves his shot. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If everyone's Ewers draft/Manning start/Maalik transfer scenario plays out, is anyone good with going into next year with Charles Wright or Trey Owens as QB2? As much as people want to see Maalik get a shot somewhere, selfishly I'd rather have our own backup QB spot figured out.

I wonder if there will be any decent senior Gardner Minshew types in the portal smart enough to parlay a season as Arch's caddy into an NFL Analyst/QB coach/OC track

Edited by cmontexas
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, cmontexas said:

If everyone's Ewers draft/Manning start/Maalik transfer scenario plays out, is anyone good with going into next year with Charles Wright or Trey Owens as QB2? As much as people want to see Maalik get a shot somewhere, selfishly I'd rather have our own backup QB spot figured out.

I wonder if there will be any decent senior Gardner Minshew types in the portal smart enough to parlay a season as Arch's caddy into an NFL Analyst/QB coach/OC track

Sark is likely  to announce the starter for next year about 3 hours before the opening game

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Codaxx said:

Sark is likely  to announce the starter for next year about 3 hours before the opening game

Arch probably gets the nod before then if it’s overwhelming, but Maalik just needs to keep improving to have a shot at the upset. He isn’t ready to play on a full time basis just yet. 

He’ll have a year on him as far as time learning the system, but Arch is a very quick study. 

10 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Arch probably gets the nod before then if it’s overwhelming, but Maalik just needs to keep improving to have a shot at the upset. He isn’t ready to play on a full time basis just yet. 

He’ll have a year on him as far as time learning the system, but Arch is a very quick study. 

If I remember correctly, Quinn and Card we not given the job until the week of the 1st game.  I cant imagine him changing that for Arch or Maalik. Sark wants both of them on the team next year. Announcing a starter early would put that in jeopardy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Frank Drebin said:

That truck is awesome.  And vintage restored trucks like that ain't cheap

Oh I know. Dumped a 78 Blazer about 12 ago back in great running condition for a few grand. I hardly see one now in that condition under $20k.

I believe some dealer gave Quinn an f-250 4x4 soon after he arrived in Columbus. Had to be close to a $70k truck.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

Oh I know. Dumped a 78 Blazer about 12 ago back in great running condition for a few grand. I hardly see one now in that condition under $20k.

I believe some dealer gave Quinn an f-250 4x4 soon after he arrived in Columbus. Had to be close to a $70k truck.

I have an Old Bronco I bought 15 years ago.  That damn thing might be the best investment I've made outside of my house, bought around the same time 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

If I remember correctly, Quinn and Card we not given the job until the week of the 1st game.  I cant imagine him changing that for Arch or Maalik. Sark wants both of them on the team next year. Announcing a starter early would put that in jeopardy. 

I think the players will know what time it is after spring practice. 

If it's really close,  Murphy gone. 

6 minutes ago, Laga4 said:

I think the players will know what time it is after spring practice. 

If it's really close,  Murphy gone. 

I agree. Unless Malik is somehow significantly better, Arch will be the starter. From all accounts Arch had caught up with Malik by the start of the season and given what I expect are unmatched intangibles that come with being a Manning, Arch will be ahead before next season. That makes this next point moot… You also don’t bring in a Manning, and combine that with the Texas brand, and have him sit. If Arch is as good as one would expect and we all hope, and you combine that with the Texas brand AND moving to the SEC… well that’s a level of hype I’m not sure we have ever seen. 

10 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

I agree. Unless Malik is somehow significantly better, Arch will be the starter. From all accounts Arch had caught up with Malik by the start of the season and given what I expect are unmatched intangibles that come with being a Manning, Arch will be ahead before next season. That makes this next point moot… You also don’t bring in a Manning, and combine that with the Texas brand, and have him sit. If Arch is as good as one would expect and we all hope, and you combine that with the Texas brand AND moving to the SEC… well that’s a level of hype I’m not sure we have ever seen. 

We need to find a backup in the portal.  A guy who can win a few games if the starter misses 4

31 minutes ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

70 my ass unless it was gas instead of deisel 

Tell me you haven't tried to buy a new truck in the last 4 years without telling me. That truck he had at Fuckeye was easily $110k
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, MontereyMXmuthafucka said:

70 my ass unless it was gas instead of deisel 

If was just a rough guess on my part. Didn't remember it being a turbo diesel but well under the $110,000 herbie Hancock thought it was.

2021 F250 Tremor turbo diesel 4x4 msrp $85,365. After discounts $76,938.

tfltruck.com/2021/03owner-review

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, CfRhTxStBobcats said:

If was just a rough guess on my part. Didn't remember it being a turbo diesel but well under the $110,000 herbie Hancock thought it was.

2021 F250 Tremor turbo diesel 4x4 msrp $85,365. After discounts $76,938.

tfltruck.com/2021/03owner-review

Discounts…….hahaha that’s funny. Makes the question to you earlier even better. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Discounts…….hahaha that’s funny. Makes the question to you earlier even better. 

His truck was an expensive truck all right but it wasn't top of the line. It wasn't a Platinum or whatever their top end truck is now. Hell, it wasn't even a 21 model like I thought, it was a 20. The msrp on a 2023 Tremor Lariat 4x4 supercharged diesel is still under a 100k.

I realize there was a bunch of dumbasses spending way over retail right after covid, but that doesnt make an $85,000 truck a $110,000 truck. If the dealer gave him the truck instead of just letting him use it, would they have an $85,000 write off or a $110,000 write off? More than likely it would just be the wholesale dealer cost. 

I'm guessing his Aston Martin blows the truck price out of the water.

I will have to agree with Walser, it was definitely a bit goofy looking.

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Tell me you don't follow the Aggy and recruiting threads without telling me you don't.

Like I said, that was a possibility. Not everyone gets my random-ass references so it stands to reason that I won’t always get someone else’s. That said, no, I don’t follow Aggie recruiting threads. 

• immamac changed the title to Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet