Quinn "La Joya" Ewers - The Man The Myth The Mullet

Coach pop a bitch

14 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Nahlin just dropped this on Quinn

Hide contents

Quinn Ewers

I’m going to share this because it’s a departure from my long-held stance on whether or not Ewers would return. After checking in with multiple sources on Sunday it’s pretty clear it isn’t a foregone conclusion the junior quarterback will declare for the NFL. 

One source essentially said it was likely he’d return (but that it could change), one leans towards him ultimately declaring, and one effectively said “we’ll see.”

With at least two games hanging in the balance Ewers is more focused on battling through his shoulder injury and leading his team to the conference championship. He certainly doesn’t have one foot out the door.

In many ways it makes sense to return. The NFL Draft has a ton of quarterbacks in contention to be drafted in the first two rounds and Ewers isn’t cemented in the Top 5. He’s had a good year in which he’s shown growth in different areas but another year would be beneficial to his mental and physical maturity at the position. I’d love to see him gain back some good weight to help protect himself for the rigors of the position. 

After my long-held assumption Ewers would leave after this season, I’m now unsure.

Gerry gave it 65/35 odds he comes back.

To me it makes sense he comes back. He's missed a lot of development from skipping his senior year and injuries during last year and his junior year of HS. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, troph said:

If he came back and Arch received meaningful back up snaps (means we would have to our teams away) then Arch could start as a sophomore with previous game experience. That’s probably the best outcome we could hope for. 

Idk man

i say let the best quarterback play

under your hypo, we probably get one year of arch.  Is that best for Texas?

21 minutes ago, Pound Town said:

Idk man

i say let the best quarterback play

under your hypo, we probably get one year of arch.  Is that best for Texas?

Don’t you know the best QB at Texas is the backup?

If he’s cool with a redshirt I suspect he’s cool with QB dev until his Jr year. How would he be cool with a slow intro to the college game then a quick exit? Maybe if the number 1-3 picks his soph year are teams he wants and junior year looks like the Browns or some shit. Otherwise I don’t see him as slow to play and quick to leave.  

and it’s been so long since Colt I think many of you forget how long it can take for a QB to become a championship QB. Maybe Arch is, everyone thought Quinn was different too. But Colt and Vince weren’t.  

long way is saying if Quinn stays he’s going to be the better quarter back next year as a third year junior. And with the likely loss of X, AD, Brooks and Sanders, I suspect Sark would gladly accept his return. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

If he’s cool with a redshirt I suspect he’s cool with QB dev until his Jr year. How would he be cool with a slow intro to the college game then a quick exit? Maybe if the number -3 picks his soph year are teams he wants and junior year looks like the Browns or some shit. Otherwise I don’t see him as slow to play and quick to leave.  

and it’s been so long since Colt I think many of you forget how long it can take for a QB to become a championship QB. Maybe Arch is different. But Colt and Vince weren’t. 

Look at the development of Nix, Penix, DJ Ugalelei, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3

"It's looking more and more that Quinn is likely to stay than go to the NFL. I don't know that we're ready to report that quite yet but that's the general feeling around the building" - Bobby

Also said he's hearing more positive info about Neyor taking a redshirt and that he still has a covid year.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I apologize to everyone I called dumb wrt Quinn coming back. I understand the logic if they do eventually decide to come back, but they must have received some new information to make them reconsider.

I'm guessing it's just scouts questioning his ability to stay healthy. This year hasn't helped that.

Just now, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I'm guessing it's just scouts questioning his ability to stay healthy. This year hasn't helped that.

Probably a little bit of that but I'd guess mostly the loaded QB draft class this year. Penix, Williams, Maye.....if he comes back and improves his numbers, stays healthy he could be a for sure 1st rounder.

33 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I apologize to everyone I called dumb wrt Quinn coming back. I understand the logic if they do eventually decide to come back, but they must have received some new information to make them reconsider.

When did Quinn change his [sic] pronouns to non-binary? What a world we live in! Awesome, good for them.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

fr fr ong

13 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Probably a little bit of that but I'd guess mostly the loaded QB draft class this year. Penix, Williams, Maye.....if he comes back and improves his numbers, stays healthy he could be a for sure 1st rounder.

Glad you’re ok. We were worried.

28 minutes ago, AnotherLawyer said:

Because it's better to have the starter on a 9-1 team go pro so you can replace him with someone who's never taken a college snap?

I would take the upside and potential of Arch over Ewers. It would be a huge black eye on the program if we couldnt keep arch happy. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Arch isn't going anywhere you dumb mother fuckers.

Yeah, the Mannings have made it clear that there are multiple paths to success (see Peyton VS Eli in college).  This year was their expectation -- take the redshirt, for whatever reason, even if he'll never actually use it.  Splitting game time (late) with Ewers would most likely not freak Arch out, at all.

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

I would take the upside and potential of Arch over Ewers. It would be a huge black eye on the program if we couldnt keep arch happy. 

Slightly different situation, but that was part of the argument for playing National High School POY Chris Simms over Major Applewhite and his glass knees. It ended up being a huge black eye for Texas fans, many of whom decided to shit on Simms for the remainder of his career, and Mack Brown, who revealed he was nutlessly indecisive and went egomaniacal over it (including overruling GDGD and sneaking Colt against KSU three straight times that resulted in an injury).

• Hook 'Em 2

Quinn comes back does trigger a MM transfer almost certainly. It would be kinda dumb for him to stay in his money year behind Quinn. Arch is on pace to do what Eli did and wait till he's the guy in his money year. It's not a bad strategy to come in knowing the playbook, getting a whole off-season prepping as QB1 etc and coming in as a junior to just execute in your contract year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, immamac said:

Quinn comes back does trigger a MM transfer almost certainly. It would be kinda dumb for him to stay in his money year behind Quinn. Arch is on pace to do what Eli did and wait till he's the guy in his money year. It's not a bad strategy to come in knowing the playbook, getting a whole off-season prepping as QB1 etc and coming in as a junior to just execute in your contract year. 

RS-Sophomore*

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Atticus said:

Cool. There are a lot of assholes around here that should follow your lead, after roasting anyone with the temerity to suggest it was even possible QE comes back.

Edited by mwaadeeb
I still think he leaves but he doesn't seem stupid and there are plenty of reasons to stick around another year

It doesn’t surprise me at all the news QE might be staying. Many mock drafts have him now not in the top 5 of QBs in the draft as many have mentioned. He’s just coming off his second college injury. He’d benefit by staying and I believe the Horns would benefit. I think the Manning plan is the sound and smart one—play out your time in highschool, don’t leave early, play out your time in college, don’t leave early unless it makes sense. QB is one of the few positions you benefit from growing into the position and getting to learn and bulk up.

Manning chose us for reasons and one of them was to get to learn under Sark. We will see what happens but if there is a QB competition with QE v Arch it will be interesting to see what happens. As far as MM I wish him luck if he transfers! 🤘🏼🤘🏼🤘🏼

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Animated GIF

except he plays for a minimum of two years. I highly, highly doubt Arch leaves after his RS soph year and only 1 year playing UNLESS he's VY junior year Colt junior/senior year dominate, meaning a title or a serious run for a title.  even then, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for a junior year.

QE - soph - top 10 finish

MM- transfers

QE - junior - title run ? QE goes pro.

AM - RS fresh - back up snaps, in 5-6 games at the end

AM - RS soph - starts with a good handle on the playbook (note we haven't had this situation since Colt's first year) - top 10 finish

AM - RS junior - title run. AM goes pro.

That's an optimistic but still realistic outcome here.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, troph said:

except he plays for a minimum of two years. I highly, highly doubt Arch leaves after his RS soph year and only 1 year playing UNLESS he's VY junior year Colt junior/senior year dominate, meaning a title or a serious run for a title.  even then, I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for a junior year.

MM- transfers

AM - RS soph - starts with a good handle on the playbook (note we haven't had this situation since Colt's first year) - top 10 finish

I think the only thing is title runs from here on out, you can't have a strategy that isn't that now. That shouldn't be too hard since it's a 12 team playoff now though. 

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, immamac said:

I think the only thing is title runs from here on out, you can't have a strategy that isn't that now. That shouldn't be too hard since it's a 12 team playoff now though. 

we are probably saying the same thing. top 10 finish means make the playoffs, title run means semis or final game. QE and AM back to back should be one of the best back to back QB successions of all time for us. Obviously VY and CM were similar.

6 minutes ago, troph said:

MM- transfers

Dumb And Dumber Not Foolin GIF - Dumb And Dumber Not Foolin Come GIFs

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, immamac said:

I remember you mentioning quinn's NIL drying up, if the news of him returning is true does that get sorted out or could that be a problem? 

12 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

I remember you mentioning quinn's NIL drying up, if the news of him returning is true does that get sorted out or could that be a problem? 

The corp side will always do stuff with their camp. Quinn won’t be able to get first round or second round draft pick NIL money but he will have enough to where it makes sense if he stays. I was saying there’s no way people are coming over the top to keep him be NFL. 

• Hook 'Em 2