Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers

Zeus

2 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Most of you think QE walks on water and it’s sad

Quinn Ewers is a really good college QB that probably would be heiman level with enough seasoning, but is playing like an 8 this year. That’s the best QB okay we’ve had since junior year Sam. 
what the fuck is the point here?

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, DixonHur said:

MM has a better arm than Ewers, he just needs to improve his accuracy and situational awareness.  Those are coachable, a rocket arm is not.

Throwing harder does not equal a better arm. His accuracy is shit. His deep ball throws are the same as major Applewhite and have nothing to do with arm strength 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, DixonHur said:

MM has a better arm than Ewers, he just needs to improve his accuracy and situational awareness.  Those are coachable, a rocket arm is not.

His arm isn't anywhere near Ewers'. Sorry. Ewers, by and large, had an amazing year passing, even though he hasn't had that many starts. I kind of expect to see the exact same thing from Manning. Both, highly, highly sought after HS QBs

2 hours ago, WelfareBuysMyWeed said:

But a kid playing div 2-aa california football is ready to manage a p5 game 7 games into the season?

Anybody who parrots the "highschool quality" of arch might want to take a look at where maalik played.

Where was Malik last year? 

Just now, DixonHur said:

Tossing a pick 6 on a screen pass that went to complete shit right away when you have a rocket arm is not coachable. That’s mental, he’s fucked. His arm is better by how much? Quinn throws bb’s at all sorts of angles, he’s also somewhat mobile and he doesn’t get rattled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

If you think a Louisiana private school 2A program’s base offense is similar to Sarkisian’s please just watch tennis instead

If you keep making this nonsensical argument, maybe eventually you’ll be right.

Or maybe you’ll sober up tomorrow and realize how dumb it is.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Irish Wrist Watch said:

His arm isn't anywhere near Ewers'. Sorry. Ewers, by and large, had an amazing year passing, even though he hasn't had that many starts. I kind of expect to see the exact same thing from Manning. Both, highly, highly sought after HS QBs

My bad, I must have been watching someone else float ducks 5 yards behind Worthy earlier in the year.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

If you keep making this nonsensical argument, maybe eventually you’ll be right.

Or maybe you’ll sober up tomorrow and realize how dumb it is.

I’m not the dumb mf’er who said it or thinks his high school coach was the same one who coached his relatives

1 minute ago, formermav43 said:

Were you watching him short hop it today?

One time

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

I can show ehlinger quotes from his last game here. Point being it’s MM’s second start and this forum is talking about him like he’s fucking a Stephen Garcia.

He looked like dog shit in his second start. Not sure why people commenting on that isn’t warranted. I’m sure we all hope for improvement. But a dog shit performance is a dog shit performance. Ewers had his god awful moments last year too.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, TexEx15 said:

Yep and as cliche as it may be, Arch grew up in that family so I expect football IQ to be his strength at this point. I don’t think he puts the ball at risk like Murphy has been doing.

How were they as true freshmen? 

We always want to see the new FRHS QB. It never fails... And when we do the FRHS sucks that season. Freshman are usually freshman. 

14 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Maalik shouln't even be in the conversation at this point. Either Quinn comes back, or Sark gets Manning started on his rise to fame and fortune. Anything less is a bit of a slap in the face to Manning. There is NO as in ZERO reasons not to give him his shot. Ewers could well come back next week and then get injured again the week after. The time to prepare for a NATTY is now, this fucking week.

It’s a lot to ask from a freshman to start his first game on the road. I doubt Sark makes a change this week 

Just now, StassneyHorn said:

I’m not the dumb mf’er who said it or thinks his high school coach was the same one who coached his relatives

No, you’re the idiot who mistakes scheme for needless complexity. You probably got your football knowledge from The Waterboy and think Sark wakes around with a magic notebook where he draws up plays. 

From the stands it looked like Cook fell down/got shoved on MM’s first INT, making the the pass look way shittier than it was.

The second one was horrible. He has to learn to holster that or throw it away. 

He’s not totally terrible, though. Scary and dangerous at times, but capable of production. And winning. The “we won in spite of Maalik” take is senseless.

• Hook 'Em 1

It’s hard for me to understand how some of you are Arch fanboys already despite not seeing him take a meaningful college snap in his career. Last time we saw him he was obviously behind the other QBs in regards to development.

MM has plenty to work on, mainly knowing when to just eat the football. But I guess some of you won’t believe Arch is not ready yet until he implodes on the field. Sark isn’t going to let that happen and the Mannings would prefer that not happen. If Arch was that guy already he would be playing, not sure why it's so hard for some of you to understand there is a reason he hasn't seen the field yet.

Also some of you clearly don't remember the freshman seasons of both Ehlinger and Ewers.

Edited by SarkAfterDark
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Quinn Ewers is a really good college QB that probably would be heiman level with enough seasoning, but is playing like an 8 this year. That’s the best QB okay we’ve had since junior year Sam. 
what the fuck is the point here?

The point here is it is game fucking 2 as a RS FR with MM you want him to leave the program you piece of shit

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Don’t need a rocket arm and Ewers has a cannon as well.  Arch’s arm is plenty strong.  Not sure why Murphy gets the benefit of the doubt but the other two don’t. 

From the stands it looked like Cook fell down/got shoved on MM’s first INT, making the the pass look way shittier than it was.
The second one was horrible. He has to learn to holster that or throw it away. 

He’s not totally terrible, though. Scary and dangerous at times, but capable of production. And winning. The “we won in spite of Maalik” take is senseless.

How about “we won in spite of pretty horrendous QB play for 80% of the game”?
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Slacks said:

How were they as true freshmen? 

We always want to see the new FRHS QB. It never fails... And when we do the FRHS sucks that season. Freshman are usually freshman. 

Fair point but the mentorship Arch got came from Super Bowl winning QBs not Peyton and Eli the freshmen.

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

No, you’re the dumb mfer who thinks 3 different Mannings have been running the wing t at Newman.

Is it the same coach who coached the hall of famers? In high school? Not college or pro. Sit on a fat dildo and spin you dumbass. Attributing a Hs coach to anyone’s hall of fame career is ducking stupid.

Edited by StassneyHorn

3 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

The point here is it is game fucking 2 as a RS FR with MM you want him to leave the program you piece of shit

Not only are you a cunt but you are also a fucking idiot. 
like literally stupid. Not someone who has bad takes or opinions but someone with a double digit IQ. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

It’s hard for me to understand how some of you are Arch fanboys already despite not seeing him take a meaningful college snap in his career. Last time we saw him he was obviously behind the other QBs in regards to development.

MM has plenty to work on, mainly knowing when to just eat the football. But I guess some of you won’t believe Arch is not ready yet until he implodes on the field. Sark isn’t going to let that happen and the Mannings would prefer that not happen. If Arch was that guy already he would be playing, not sure why it's so hard for some of you to understand there is a reason he hasn't seen the field yet.

did you post the same thing about MM fanboys before his first snap?

Every time MM threw the ball after the first quarter was cringe-inducing. One in particular that stood out was him rolling to his right with limited to no pressure, then throwing across his body to the middle of the field. He completed it, but holy shit. Do these QB coaches not work to improve football awareness/IQ? At times, he looked like he'd never even played the position before 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

One time

Yeah, the others were wide or behind by 2 yards otherwise. See worthy in the second half. 

i’m shocked he is a “thrower of footballs”. Most plays look like a HB pass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Maalik shouln't even be in the conversation at this point. Either Quinn comes back, or Sark gets Manning started on his rise to fame and fortune. Anything less is a bit of a slap in the face to Manning. There is NO as in ZERO reasons not to give him his shot. Ewers could well come back next week and then get injured again the week after. The time to prepare for a NATTY is now, this fucking week.

You continue to be wrong. If Arch starts and stinks it up you've fucked them both up The only way Arch plays is if Maalik comes out cold and throws a few picks next week, or we have the game well in hand. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Agreed we aren’t and shouldn’t see Arch at this point. We’ll just have to watch MM either implode or improve next week and then hopefully never again this season with Ewers back.

This is where I am.  I think MM looked better than some posters here, but don't take that for me thinking he is better than Ewers at this point.  But, I do think we have seen the peak Ewers.  Murphy has the physical tools to be better than Ewers, but he's not even close at this point.   

1 minute ago, DixonHur said:

This is where I am.  I think MM looked better than some posters here, but don't take that for me thinking he is better than Ewers at this point.  But, I do think we have seen the peak Ewers.  Murphy has the physical tools to be better than Ewers, but he's not even close at this point.   

MM isn’t better than Ewers?  You don’t say. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jewish Wang said:

You called for it last week and challenged me aggressively, saying MM was better than QE. I accepted. Everyone saw. You called @immamacfor it to be “sanctioned”. I’m not sure why that’s necessary. But if you want to welch, I’m fine with that. It’s $200. I don’t care. But, you’re welching 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

I mean, first of all, you're a fucking dumbass. Of the highest order. You're a dick-ass poster that doesn't move shit.

Second of all, yes, I was hammered and threw a # out there. 

Third of all, this is the internet. There's no way for you to realistically hold me accountable without getting the owner of the site involved. 

I @ed him. He didn't respond. That's that. 

I would happily pay you $200 if some argeement was established but there was none. 

Sucks to suck. 

2 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

100% a welch. Bet was agreed upon.

ugly look for you.

you should be PMing and asking the guy for his PP or Venmo.

Yep. Dude made a bet on Surly. Dude is now welching. 

I'd get Imma involved, and if I was Imma it would be an automatic 6 month or 1 year IP ban for anyone who welches on a bet made here. 

Should be a long ban for that. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Sam didn’t have near the roster to work with that Malik does and he also had to listen to coach fuck face not call him by his first name until he was worthy of that honor. Malik played like dog shit, some stuff can be fixed and some stuff is just him being a bad qb. It’s also worth noting that he’s injured, so maybe that’s hampering his decision making somehow. We are who we are at this point, I hope he continues to get better and we shit stomp tcu. I’m a fan of Texas, sark and Malik are longhorns, ergo I want them to be successful. 8-1 feels fucking good surly!!!! 

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Maalik Murphy should starts wherever he transfers