Bert Auburn

Beer Drinker

I’m shitfaced but give this guy some credit. He missed one FG but we should have taken a timeout… Card is the holder and just drove the team down the field no reason not to slow down and let everybody settle down. The long one at the end was clutch as fuck… if we stop them at the end he is a legend.  

Edited by Beer Drinker
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

I’m shitfaced but give this guy some credit. He missed one FG but we should have taken a timeout… Card is the holder and just drove the team down the field no reason not to slow down and let everybody settle down. The long one at the end was clutch as fuck… if we stop them at the end he is a legend.  

I was really wanting to text a Bama buddy and tell him Auburn just beat bama.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 year later...

Having kicked a few times in the old single-platoon era, I've always had huge regard for the guys holding those kicks. A good holder makes all the difference. The guy snapping that is a critical element, too. Haven't seen the replays, so it's hard to figure whether there's a real issue there, or if Bert gots the yips or just being too casual. With the way the team has been playing, we won't have a game come down to it, but if we do, I'm thinking he'll be nails.

12 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

I think they were all high. One was in the holders ear I believe.

i agree.  be interesting if Sark addresses it after seeing the tape.  Bert should be better but the snap and hold are part of it.  If the snap is bad it makes the holder rush which means he might not get it to the right spot.

and just like the refs we need the offense to make the K not matter.

Edited by dcar00

26 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

watching the replay some of the snaps were high/not perfect.  not to excuse Bert but that does tend to throw the timing off just a bit.  Holder was doing a good job getting the ball down.

Our long snapper was horrible today. He noticeable screwed up Auburn timing multiple kicks with high snaps. Auburn still missed 1 with a good snap, but the snapper has to get better. 

11 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Auburn playing like a walk-on now. There needs to be competition for the job.

This is such a dumb post. There’s always been a competition for the job, and Auburn has beaten all the other guys out. Putting in some new kicker who’s never kicked a college field goal in his life in the middle of a season with playoff aspirations will not improve things. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s good, he’s yet to miss a FG from less than 45 yards except for maybe once. He’s not good enough to rock that stupid haircut. He needs to follow Ewers lead

he's passable.  he's missed 2 under 29, 2 under 39, 4 under 49, and 0-2 at 50+.  he hasn't missed an XP.

30-40 on his career.

• 4 months later...
On 10/1/2023 at 12:40 PM, TreatyOak said:

There’s a very good rule in life that Auburn should observe. If you choose to present yourself to the world in a very silly-looking fashion, you had better be really, really good at something or prepare to accept a lot of derision. 

When it comes to silly-looking fashion it's like what my pop warner coach told a kid on our team that showed up to practice with golden shoes: "Boy you step on the field with gold shoes you better show somebody something and be the best at it!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

When it comes to silly-looking fashion it's like what my pop warner coach told a kid on our team that showed up to practice with golden shoes: "Boy you step on the field with gold shoes you better show somebody something and be the best at it!"

I coached a kid in Little League who might’ve been the worst hitter in the league. His single mom ordered his t-shirt jersey with the name SLUGGER on the back (that’s when I knew there wasn’t a dad in the picture). My fellow coach was an All-American wrestler in college, and one game towards the end of the season, I heard him mumble to himself, “If you’re going to put SLUGGER on your kid’s back, he better be able to hit.”

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Wonder how many of those misses came mid-3rd quarter or later in a 10 point or less* game; I bet not many. He’s had some misses, but I feel like when shit was tight Bert has responded.

* - Yeah I know, ‘fewer’ but that looked fucked up when I typed it originally….

• Prepare your anus 1