Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Gravy Train said:

I jest, but wouldn't be surprised to discover Paul's attacker as a Junior Trading Analyst at a wealth management fund.

Wat? 

And, I thought Paul was attacked because he was an actionably shitty neighbor. Oh, you’re on first name basis with the Pelosi’s. Carry on.

34 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

And you wonder why Libertarians have a platform, why youth voter turnout is a problem

Not really. The subject comes up fairly often.

The “everything and everyone is crooked” take can fuck right off. EABOD and DIAF:

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

I questioned the motive that Libertarians have as a platform altogether, not justified them.  I'll give them the nod that ever expansion of government isn't exactly a good thing.

Yang was a 2020 Democrat Presidential Primary candidate, so are you paying attention?  I enjoyed his debate, among Buttigieg's, as D candidates to at least shake up the established.  Biden was still the right nominee, and the centrist we all knew him for.

Yang ran in the Democratic primary.

So did Tulsi fucking Gabbard and Bernie Sanders.

Doesn’t make any of them Democrats.

You just decried politicians who run to get into politics to fleece Americans.

Look no further than the “brilliant” Yang who started a stupid new “party” which coincidentally was announced on the publication date of his new book. A book that shares the same name of said stupid new “party”.

Like I said, your opinions are good for a scoff and a giggle.

Maybe you should try paying attention.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Yang ran in the Democratic primary.

So did Tulsi fucking Gabbard and Bernie Sanders.

Doesn’t make any of them Democrats.

You just decried politicians who run to get into politics to fleece Americans.

Look no further than the “brilliant” Yang who started a stupid new “party” which coincidentally was announced on the publication date of his new book. A book that shares the same name of said stupid new “party”.

I love how much you don’t suffer fools and liars

image.gif.2ffab6c59b53f21b1711a79d6b6920b2.gif

• Like 3
  • Drool 2

I am going to explain what made me so angry with the “they are all dirty” rhetoric, but it’s a csb, so, spoilered.

Spoiler

In the ‘80s I had a house in South Austin, and my wife dragged me to a neighborhood fourth of July deal. Doggett was there, and 2, to please my wife, I was photographed with our Representative in Congress. You should see the puss on my face. Because, at the time, I believed all politicians were no count.

Several years later, I heard Doggett’s reply to the question, “What’s the worse aspect of uour job.” He answered, “The sheer percentage of people that think you’re no good because you’re a politician.”

And I felt shame.

I don’t run with federal office holders, but I know scientists working on a federal level. I do know officials and government workers at the State and local levels. I have to single out teachers.. wait, for some gotdamn reason health care workers also have been libeled and slandered. They aren’t crooks. They serve the public faithfully. And, they are under attack from the same type rhetoric.

So, fuck off with that talk. Show your work. Don’t be stupid.

Edited by Willfully Horn
Edit
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I have a total of 8 posts in this subforum. You're going to greater length to fit opinions to your narrative, while dismissing alienated voters and the one candidate who promoted education while ringing the alarm bell on workforce replacement via automation. Not worth a scoff, not an established Boomer.

There is a place for honest politicians who serve their constituents under term limits, with limited access to lobbyist activity and mechanisms for personal financial gain.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

I am going to explain what made me so angry with the “they are all dirty” rhetoric, but it’s a csb, so, spoilered.
Spoiler

In the ‘80s I had a house in South Austin, and my wife dragged me to a neighborhood fourth of July deal. Doggett was there, and 2, to please my wife, I was photographed with our Representative in Congress. You should see the puss on my face. Because, at the time, I believed all politicians were no count.
Several years later, I heard Doggett’s reply to the question, “What’s the worse aspect of uour job.” He answered, “The sheer percentage of people that think you’re no good because you’re a politician.”
And I felt shame.

I don’t run with federal office holders, but I know scientists working on a federal level. I do know officials and government workers at the State and local levels. I have to single out teachers.. wait, for some gotdamn reason health care workers also have been libeled and slandered. They aren’t crooks. They serve the public faithfully. And, they are under attack from the same type rhetoric.
So, fuck off with that talk. Show your work. Don’t be stupid.

I know, and regularly work with, government employees and officials at functionally every level of government (cities, counties, local govt entities, state and fed agencies, judges, state reps and senators, congresscritters, advisers to the senate, etc etc). YES, there are some crooked/petty/just plain shitty ones out there, no question. More than I would like, particularly in Congress. But the vast majority - and I mean VAST - are just folks. I know dozens who I knew before they were in government: childhood friends, college and law school acquaintances and friends, professional colleagues. They aren’t part of some sinister cabal. They aren’t criminals. They’re people who just want to do the job, almost all of whom genuinely want to serve the people and our society.
That simple and obvious truth is incompatible with the MAGA/Libertarian/bothsides worldview. So, what do they do? What they always do: ignore the truth, and amplify the lie.
For example, here ya go: this is e if amplified and replied to with “I KNEW IT!” by the MAGATS on every platform, right now - I just copied it from a thread:

850b0f95b22bafb7ff5013474056e929.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 4

You’re reasoning escapes me. Try again. Explain why you think so as if I am five.

Or you can explain to us, how the Pelosis amass a net wealth exceeding $120MM, the protocol that keeps her in office for 35 years, and who the hero actually is, when a whistleblower like Snowden is implored by Pelosi to return and face Congress directly.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 7

From the WaPo - 

The Washington Post corroborated that a voluminous blog written under DePape’s name and filled with deeply racist and antisemitic writings — as well as pro-Trump and anti-Democratic posts — belonged to the suspect. In a single day earlier this month, the blog had seven new posts. The titles included: “Balcks Nda jEwS,” “Were the Germans so Stupid?” “Who FINANCED Hitler’s rise to Power” and “Gas chamber doors.

. . . 

More recently, CNN reported that in 2018 and 2019, Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) — who was elected to Congress in 2020 and quickly became known for her conspiracy theory-laden views — repeatedly expressed support for executing prominent Democratic politicians, including Pelosi.

Greene liked a Facebook comment that said “a bullet to the head would be quicker” as a way of removing Pelosi as speaker, CNN found. And in a video of a speech Greene gave promoting a 2019 petition she’d launched to impeach Pelosi for “crimes of treason,” Greene calls Pelosi “a traitor to our country” and says the speaker could be executed for treason.

“It’s a crime punishable by death — is what treason is,” Greene says in the video, according to CNN. “Nancy Pelosi is guilty of treason.”

https://apple.news/AtO848P0iQC6mPhUB7iUUTw

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

the Fox spin on this story is starting to remind me of that Carrie Fischer cameo in "Austin Powers"...

"Look Democrats & Scott, we all say we want to murder somebody...but that doesn't mean DePape was actually going to kill the Speaker of the House."

DePape, "No, I was actually trying to kill her.  But so far, she's proven quite wily...." 

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

I have a total of 8 posts in this subforum. You're going to greater length to fit opinions to your narrative, while dismissing alienated voters and the one candidate who promoted education while ringing the alarm bell on workforce replacement via automation. Not worth a scoff, not an established Boomer.

There is a place for honest politicians who serve their constituents under term limits, with limited access to lobbyist activity and mechanisms for personal financial gain.

48 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Or you can explain to us, how the Pelosis amass a net wealth exceeding $120MM, the protocol that keeps her in office for 35 years, and who the hero actually is, when a whistleblower like Snowden is implored by Pelosi to return and face Congress directly.

You have an interesting way of discussing yet another act of serious violence by a MAGA/Q fanatical terrorist clearly inflamed by lies being constantly spewed. When lies aren't being spewed, we get deflection. 

Negged for deflection and disingenuous concerns about the sad state of both parties.

Fuck you

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

1 hour ago, Gravy Train said:

Sure, but you’ve yet to explain how I am “rules for thee, but not for me” person. 

A bit of google:

Career. Pelosi founded and runs the venture capital firm Financial Leasing Services, Inc., through which he and his wife have a personal fortune of about $114 million.

Venture capital firm owners net wealth:

https://venturebeat.com/entrepreneur/why-vcs-arent-insanely-rich/amp/

$114M is not “insanely rich,”  the numbers don’t scream crooked, but, successful. Especially for owners the Pelosi’s age, and the economic landscape of the past forty plus years.

It is difficult to support allegations that the Pelosi’s are corrupt, but have a go. I respect facts and well reasoned arguments. Which you have yet to offer.

Pelosi is a successful politician (which jibes with her husband being moderately successful in his business.) She a leader of her Party, the Speaker of the House,  which has been accused of being soft on national defense. Her position on Snowden isn’t surprising. If you want to cast blame, look in the mirror. Willingness to believe the worst, without factual grounding, affects national politics. Don’t be that sort of voter.

Want a better nation? Be a better citizen. /SK

Now answer my question, youngster.

Edited by Willfully Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I know, and regularly work with, government employees and officials at functionally every level of government (cities, counties, local govt entities, state and fed agencies, judges, state reps and senators, congresscritters, advisers to the senate, etc etc). YES, there are some crooked/petty/just plain shitty ones out there, no question. More than I would like, particularly in Congress. But the vast majority - and I mean VAST - are just folks. I know dozens who I knew before they were in government: childhood friends, college and law school acquaintances and friends, professional colleagues. They aren’t part of some sinister cabal. They aren’t criminals. They’re people who just want to do the job, almost all of whom genuinely want to serve the people and our society.
That simple and obvious truth is incompatible with the MAGA/Libertarian/bothsides worldview. So, what do they do? What they always do: ignore the truth, and amplify the lie.
For example, here ya go: this is e if amplified and replied to with “I KNEW IT!” by the MAGATS on every platform, right now - I just copied it from a thread:

850b0f95b22bafb7ff5013474056e929.jpg

Yes.

I believe we all want to weed crooks and grifters and poor performers from the government payroll, and I was not saying folks like that don’t exist.

Focusing political will to deal with that millstone is hindered by the scattershot, unfounded, and destructive narrative that all are crooked.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Paul Pelosi tricked intruder, alerted cops before being beaten with hammer, police say

Wow, that's an incredibly bad headline.  It makes it sound like Pelosi tricked the assailant into entering his home.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

Sure, but you’ve yet to explain how I am “rules for thee, but not for me” person. 

Now answer my question, youngster.

Nancy pushed back on AOC and others who proposed Congress members should he banned from trading equities, under insider trading allegations. She finally came around, but not before showing her true colors.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Imagine the day after Reagan was shot, we all argued about trickle down economics  and what a piece of shit he was to women and minorities, while he was still on the operating table, to deflect from the fact we supported Hinckley and wish he'd achieved his goal.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Do you activate your security when you are at home? Or just before going to bed? Do you arm it, or does your spouse? People get complacent, and also make mistakes.

Any of these possibilities is more likely than a false flag deal, with brain surgery consequences.

We sell alarm services. Most people only arm their systems in away mode. Stay mode is rare, and is almost entirely by single women or female spouses with male spouses not home. Standard security has its limitations and even if armed, has openings unless someone really is paranoid and layers a lot of devices.  Standard door/window contacts only trip if opened, so if you just kick in glass and step through the hole, that sensor isn’t tripped. Glass break sensors cover a pretty small area, and most people don’t spring for having them cover every piece of glass in the home. It’s entirely possible that the system was armed, but this guy used a hammer and knocked out a bedroom window that was not in range of a glass break sensor and crawled through the opening instead of popping a pane and unlocking/opening the window to get in. 

Houses are really easy to break into, and even the best security system isn’t going to stop someone with intent. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Nancy pushed back on AOC and others who proposed Congress members should he banned from trading equities, under insider trading allegations. She finally came around, but not before showing her true colors.

Negged for ignoring my more than good faith request. Supporting a statement must be beyond your skill set.

Are you justifying an attack on Pelosi? Fuck that. Fuck you. Fuck your posts. Ignored.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 2

Discovering the news sources that reported the murderous wingnut was arrested in his underwater has been a hoot. 

Only one source , iheart, has been considered by mediabiasfactcheck, and I learned a new descriptor that site employs:

CONSPIRACY-PSEUDOSCIENCE

That did not deter goodwordnews, which certainly aligns with the simulation.

Edited by Willfully Horn
I🖤

2 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Now do Mitch McConnell, troll.

Issa and McCaul musta had some clawbacks to carried interest or some shit, they used to be at the top of that kinda list.  Half those people actively made their money (or their spouses did) in VC/GE/PE.  And the other half made money doing something else as an LP in the VC/GE/PE space.  I'm not worried so much about Congressmen making $1mm trading global equities based on inside information.  It's wrong, but it's not gonna move the needle on markets.  But if you have the power to carve out a substantial LP position or influence an institutional investor in your state (think Cruz leaning on TRS to co-invest alongside his wife's deals to broadcast them as oversubscribed), on niche private deals that can juice IRRs from 25% to 50% or exit multiples from 3x to 5x.  That's serious, off-the-books windfall cash that can easily drive a Senator or House Leadership member into 8 and 9 figure wealth.  Carried interest got its preferential tax treatment from industry lobbying.  It keeps it because all Capitol leadership wants to keep more of their private/alternatives money.  /rant

Seriously, is the New York post ghost-writing every fucking headline about this story, regardless of which media outlet is actually releasing said headline?  This is so fucking bizarre. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Negged for ignoring my more than good faith request. Supporting a statement must be beyond your skill set.

Are you justifying an attack on Pelosi? Fuck that. Fuck you. Fuck your posts. Ignored.

I addressed your request, but your position is woefully ignorant of the response as you clearly don't follow finance news and SEC regulations.

Read it again, nobody is justifying the attack. It's shameful and misguided. It's horrific and fucked. I just want Nancy out of office as her time is long overdue to GTFO.

FUCK anyone and everyone fighting Congressional term limits, wilfully supporting grift of elected officials because they represent your favorite crayon color.
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

So… you chose the occasion of a hammer attack on a the spouse of the house speaker to debate term limits? This ain’t it, my dude.

The entire fucking thread is about Pelosi, there's no better topic to cite the example of a Congressperson occupying a seat longer than some of us have been alive.  At the same time, I'm literally reading those shilling for the uber rich because they were able to do so under the shield of office and/or fit someone's political narritive.  That's absolutely disgusting and disengenous to our democracy.

We're all condeming this attack here.  At the same time, we're all seeing a theme build up from radicalized individuals motivated by misinformation.  It should be concerning, as the more partisan we become, the more this becomes a thing.  This happened to Sotomayor over two years ago and it go so little attention that you wouldn't even know about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/02/19/report-supreme-court-justice-sotomayor-targeted-by-gunman-who-killed-federal-judges-son/amp/

1 minute ago, Gravy Train said:

The entire fucking thread is about Pelosi, there's no better topic to cite the example of a Congressperson occupying a seat longer than some of us have been alive.  At the same time, I'm literally reading those shilling for the uber rich because they were able to do so under the shield of office and/or fit someone's political narritive.  That's absolutely disgusting and disengenous to our democracy.

We're all condeming this attack here.  At the same time, we're all seeing a theme build up from radicalized individuals motivated by misinformation.  It should be concerning, as the more partisan we become, the more this becomes a thing.  This happened to Sotomayor over two years ago and it go so little attention that you wouldn't even know about it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/roberthart/2021/02/19/report-supreme-court-justice-sotomayor-targeted-by-gunman-who-killed-federal-judges-son/amp/

*Fart noise*

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Gravy Train said:

Fuck him too, is that what you needed to see?

I would need to see sustained support for Hate The Game And Those Who Are Most Adamant In Opposing Any Changes To The Game Rules That Allow For The Very Corruption You're Suggesting You Oppose Under The Guise Of Freedom...

...just on another thread. 

2 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Who gives a shit as it relates to the attack of her husband?  Or are you trying to change the subject?  If she is guilty of something, prosecute her.  But Jesus, dude.  

When Scalise was shot, Maddow and the Pod Save America guys weren’t saying, “Yeah, but he’s a racist Cristian-fascist shitbag., so you know let’s talk about that right now.”   I mean he is.  But that wasn’t the time.  There was genuine shock and concern and a desire to see that psycho locked up.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Pelosi did it with his free market, capitalist business.  You like that, right?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Gravy Train said:

Like insider trading through Nancy? He got a nice start, she took him to the finish line through pending legislation and timely detail. Serving public office, must be nice, right?

Sounds lovely.  Within the last 2 years, Nancy had insurrectionists in the Capitol trying to kill her, and then her husband gets his head bashed in by an intruder.  Living the dream, I tell you.

34 minutes ago, A-Tex Devil said:

Show your notes.  Not your presumptions. 

This topic can't be newsworthy to you.  Just acknowledge it as a problem for Federal officials that should have been actioned upon long ago.  

https://housestockwatcher.com/summary_by_rep/Hon. Nancy Pelosi
https://www.businessinsider.com/nancy-pelosi-husband-paul-pelosi-congressional-stock-ban-2022-10

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi's husband, Paul Pelosi, exercised seven-figures worth of Alphabet stock call options days before House leadership unveiled a bill that would ban members of Congress and their spouses from trading individual stocks.

The value of the stock purchase was between $1 million and $5 million, according to a certified congressional disclosure made by Nancy Pelosi on October 14. Members of Congress are only required to report the values of such trades in broad ranges.

Paul Pelosi exercised the Alphabet call options, which he purchased in December 2021, on September 16 — the day they were set to expire. (Alphabet is the parent company of Google.)

That date fell just a week before House leadership introduced a Nancy Pelosi-backed bill that would ban members of Congress and their spouses from trading individual stocks. 

https://www.wsj.com/articles/wall-street-traders-or-washington-officials-sometimes-its-hard-to-tell-11666103385

It’s the kind of rapid-fire trading you see on Wall Street: hundreds of stock-market wagers, sometimes peppered with options and other aggressive trades.

But this wasn’t done on behalf of professional traders. The transactions came from about seven dozen senior federal-government officials who disclosed that they or their families each made more than 500 trades from 2016 through 2021. That totals more than 80,000 transactions while these officials worked in government.

These officials accounted for roughly a quarter of all transactions while representing less than 1% of filers in a Wall Street Journal review of financial disclosures by federal officials.

An Internal Revenue Service official reported 1,525 trades on the disclosure forms. A Justice Department attorney listed 2,763 trades, including hundreds involving options, according to the Journal’s review.

And a Commodity Futures Trading Commission economist, Lihong McPhail, reported more than 9,500 trades in 2020 alone by her husband, also a federal employee, according to the CFTC and her disclosure forms, which report values of holdings in broad dollar ranges. That’s an average of 38 trades per trading day.

The CFTC, which regulates the U.S. derivatives markets, including futures, options and swaps, gave Ms. McPhail approval for her husband to do short selling despite a CFTC ban on such trading. An ethics official believed the rule was unenforceable and feared the agency could be sued if it didn’t allow the trading, according to a CFTC spokesman.

• Like 1