Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

14 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Almost every senator regardless of party. Many reps have benefited, mostly republicans, but probably no reps to the degree of the Pelosis. I linked an article that you attacked based upon the author and his motivations rather than the veracity of what he wrote. Some Trumpkin set set out to assassinate the Speaker and wound up bashing her husband’s brains in. So everything else wrong with the system is now off limits. Fuck that. 

I will take Pelosi in a heartbeat over anything the republicans have to offer. And political violence and those who foment it must be stopped. But everything else wrong with the system cannot just be ignored. It’s not “buying into propaganda” to acknowledge that. It’s being a realist

Probably no reps to the degree of the Pelosis? Define “probably.” On what evidence are you basing that?

What did you think of the article that Wllfully Horn linked?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/pelosis-husband-dumps-nvidia-stock-house-eyes-chip-bill-2022-07-27/

The one that said Paul Pelosi sold off some of his Nvidia stock before the chip vote and took a loss. The one that said, “Paul Pelosi frequently trades shares of companies popular with many investors, including Apple (AAPL.O), Microsoft (MSFT.O) and other tech companies.” The one that said, “Last year, Pelosi defended the rights of federal lawmakers to trade stocks, but she later responded to calls for a ban on trading by lawmakers by signaling willingness to potentially advance such legislation.”

You said that Pelosi is standing in the way of a push to make changes so Congresspeople can’t take advantage of their office in order to make unfair profits from stock trades. I’ll tell you what, when Hawley’s bill passes the Senate and moves to the House, if Pelosi votes against it then I’ll agree you might have a point. Don’t hold your breath.

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Probably no reps to the degree of the Pelosis? Define “probably.” On what evidence are you basing that?

What did you think of the article that Wllfully Horn linked?

https://www.reuters.com/markets/us/pelosis-husband-dumps-nvidia-stock-house-eyes-chip-bill-2022-07-27/

The one that said Paul Pelosi sold off some of his Nvidia stock before the chip vote and took a loss. The one that said, “Paul Pelosi frequently trades shares of companies popular with many investors, including Apple (AAPL.O), Microsoft (MSFT.O) and other tech companies.” The one that said, “Last year, Pelosi defended the rights of federal lawmakers to trade stocks, but she later responded to calls for a ban on trading by lawmakers by signaling willingness to potentially advance such legislation.”

You said that Pelosi is standing in the way of a push to make changes so Congresspeople can’t take advantage of their office in order to make unfair profits from stock trades. I’ll tell you what, when Hawley’s bill passes the Senate and moves to the House, if Pelosi votes against it then I’ll agree you might have a point. Don’t hold your breath.

388F3FEC-A007-4CDF-9E6D-76A645333473.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not a huge fan of Pelosi.  She's overstayed her welcome, generally and within the Democratic Party. and a lot of her "work" is at least as directed to self-preservation as to "doing the right thing."

Like most of her ilk, she seems to have used her office for personal gain, but I can't prove that it was illegal or unlawful, and in that regard, she's one of hundreds that you can't really single out.

And, this is a catch-all thread about her.

Still, it doesn't excuse or minimize the assault on her husband, which was intended to be an assault on her, and the "forces" that brought it about.  Or the reactions of those "forces."  That shit's reprehensible.

Republicans hate Nancy because she’s an effective leader and good at her job. Non-Republicans hate her because...well, I guess for a variety of reasons ranging from she’s too old to she’s not sufficiently progressive, or maybe she’s too progressive, she cow tows to The Squad, she disrespects The Squad, or she just doesn’t live up to the paradigm of the perfect politician they have in their heads. The Democrats are always suffering for not being just exactly perfect all the time in everything they do.

I’m going to miss her when Kevin McCarthy is Speaker.

• Like 2

Sooo.. the smooth-brained GQP theories on Paul's attack were rooted from two pieces of fake news:

1. Report he called the DePape a ‘friend’ (though he may have actually used that as code-word) on the 9-1-1 call

2. Oakland Fox affiliate station falsely reported the assailant was in his underwear

It started with a KTVU report that they later retracted in very small print

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/10/fox-news-affiliate-forced-retract-report-pelosi-depape-found-underwear-another-pelosi-wrap-smear/

No credible media outlet has reported that Pelosi was in his underwear, and authorities have not confirmed either. Even removing the subjective judgment of what is credible from the equation, no website or news site that is repeating the claim has offered any evidence or named sourcing to back it up.

The claim appears to have ignited when a single news organization, KTVU-TV, reported that DePape was wearing only his underwear when police arrived. Although that news organization is generally regarded as a credible television station, it later posted a correction and removed the information on the underwear from the article.

KTVU-TV is a Fox affiliated television station located in Oakland, California. The article was written by investigative journalist Evan Sernoffsky. He has a long career in investigative reporting in the Bay area, having worked as a San Francisco Chronicle criminal justice reporter before coming to KTVU in 2020.

He also retracted the underwear claim on Twitter, writing, “I’m now told by other sources that DePape was NOT dressed only in his underwear. Working to clarify.”

Ironically, KTVU was the Oakland news station that reported those amazing Asiana Flight 214 pilot names which crashed on the approach to SFO. 🥴

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Republicans hate Nancy because she’s an effective leader and good at her job. Non-Republicans hate her because...well, I guess for a variety of reasons ranging from she’s too old to she’s not sufficiently progressive, or maybe she’s too progressive, she cow tows to The Squad, she disrespects The Squad, or she just doesn’t live up to the paradigm of the perfect politician they have in their heads. The Democrats are always suffering for not being just exactly perfect all the time in everything they do.

I’m going to miss her when Kevin McCarthy is Speaker.

Prefect encapsulation of Nancy Derangement Syndrome, except for the omission of misogyny’s role in it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

It somehow keeps getting even more terrifying.

But I thought it was a lover's quarrel and both men were in their underwear??? DOTARD said the glass was broken from the inside out???

I've been disgusted by a lot of things the GQP has done in the last six years but turning this into another conspiracy theory to obfuscate the fact that the third (or second) in line for POTUS could very easily have been assassinated over the weekend has taken me to the next level of rage. Do the Pelosis have any legal recourse against the Santa Monica Observer or even Elon/Twitter for helping spread these libelous/slanderous accusations??? I mean it's time to burn these fucking troglodytes to the fucking ground!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nivek said:

GQP are a self-fullfilling prophets.  They want a civil war, they hate America, they want to rule like Putin.  

Excellent. At first, I thought no they think the other side wants this so it's not really the prophecy

Then, I got it. They're predicting someone will destroy America. Simple as that. I actually believe in self-fulfilling prophecy as one of the basic rules of human existence. 

C-Man notes:

I've been disgusted by a lot of things the GQP has done in the last six years but turning this into another conspiracy theory to obfuscate the fact that the third (or second) in line for POTUS could very easily have been assassinated over the weekend has taken me to the next level of rage.

Right there with you. I keep having to hit the kill switch on physical anger (like a response to someone slapping me in public) which historically is a rare emotion for me. I'm big, so control was essential from early childhood. I'm still big, but not as visually formidable as I once was (fucking age).

Anyway, I don't visit this thread often. The vision of Mr. Pelosi being bashed with a hammer in his home is disturbing. The vision of Nancy Pelosi being attacked with a hammer evokes rage. The GQP and hate engine response makes me feel violent.

There are many necks begging for the rope. Many skulls begging for the bullet. I hate this.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 5:49 PM, RomaVicta said:

Bingo! The story is that a terrorist sought the Speaker of the House in her home with a hammer hoping to shatter her knee caps. Literally outrageous. Well, that's half the story and maybe not the important half.

The other half? A major news outlet, senators, and other elected members of the Republican Party are covering for themselves and their part in the terrorist attack by lying about the incident and raising false conspiracy theories.

this pretty much succinctly summarizes what is happening here. It's deliberate and disgusting, and now utterly predictable. It's the playbook.

I will cross post this in the Fascism thread but I wanted to leave it here as well. I usually post the first tweet and then spoiler the rest but I'm not going to do that so you'll have to decide for yourselves if you want to click on the "full conversation" link in the tweet and read the entire thread (it goes on for ~25 more perhaps). It is a very good read but you ought to read it on the ledge if you're not already there with me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

On 11/1/2022 at 3:00 PM, yoladu said:

What is odd, scandalous, or unusual about an 82 year old man in his underwear in his own house at 2am in the morning?

You would be describing me last night -  except for the 82 year old part.

If I'm alone in my house and I'm not walking around in just my underwear, call the police.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2022 at 9:15 AM, Nivek said:

GQP are a self-fullfilling prophets.  They want a civil war, they hate America, they want to rule like Putin.  

Yep, and in “every accusation is a confession” style, they accuse Democrats of doing that while the Democrats are behaving the way politicians on both sides of the aisle always have. Meanwhile the Republicans are doing, saying, and supporting things that have never happened before in the history of our country. And there are millions of yutzes out there who, seeing things that have never happened before in the history of our country, manage to convince themselves that it’s all perfectly normal and “both sides” do it.

• Rage+1 1

How many Republican politicians have promoted violence against their political opposition?

Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ken Buck, Eric Greitens, Dan Crenshaw, Madison Cawthorn, Paul Gosar, Kevin McCarthy, 

There's a reason violence against Democrats keeps happening. It's not a fucking mystery. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

How many Republican politicians have promoted violence against their political opposition?

Donald Trump, Marjorie Taylor Greene, Ken Buck, Eric Greitens, Dan Crenshaw, Madison Cawthorn, Paul Gosar, Kevin McCarthy, 

There's a reason violence against Democrats keeps happening. It's not a fucking mystery. 

I posted this in the Right Wing Extremist Violence Thread but it applies here too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

32 minutes ago, Humble Beast said:

I guess. 

Now I have another question. Why did NBC news and the Today show take down that video report? 

https://www.today.com/video/paul-pelosi-returns-home-after-hammer-attack-left-him-hospitalized-152517701534

"Editor's note: This piece has been removed from publication because it did not meet NBC News reporting standards."