Anyone else still masturbating to 49-0?

Xcalibur

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

No. But I’m jaded. It has been a long twelve years.

If we beat Iowa State and then Okie State on the road, I’ll really start believing.

Hell, why not include Baylor and TCU in your equation? Might as well hold off until we win the conference and bowl game betore getting too carried away. 

• Haha 1

had to take my mom to the Dr yesterday.....sat down in the office to give them some of her info and the person had an OU stuffed animal behind them

I happened to have an orange shirt on and so after a bit I ask if she was an OU fan and she said yes.....I gave her a nice Horns Up and her reply was "I don't have time for you" 😆

she was actually very nice and said she had not watched the game she knew it was going to be bad and also how BV is suppose to be "defense", but their defense sucks

it was a fun exchange, but finally a chance to get that out

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hook me said:

I love beating the ever-loving shit out of OU just as much as anyone, but let's not sit here & pretend that was some sort of halfway decent OU team. That team sucked. The coaches sucked, the players sucked, the game plans sucked, the execution of the sucky game plans sucked. This wasn't the beatdown turned nail-biter that 2018 was when we were completely dominating a pretty good OU team, or the Strong team that demoralized a good OU team. Those wins were especially sweet because you knew that OU was a good team. This felt more like beating BU in the late 90s where you just wanted to make sure you left the game healthy & get the backups some good reps in the 3rd & 4th quarters. 

I think more people will jump onboard in a couple of weeks when we go to Stillwater & beat a pretty good OSU team by 10+.

That's absolutely ridiculous. All week leading up all anyone talked about is "this game is never what you think it's gonna be, throw the records out, it's always a street fight". Then Texas thrashed the absolute fuck out of them.

There's zero chance that you can spin 49-0 as anything other than a historically great performance unlikely to ever be matched.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I genuinely don't understand what the point of being a fan is if you're going to be like this. If you can't enjoy the hell out of this week then being a Texas fan probably isn't your thing. Why the fuck would you be worrying about the rest of the season? We just beat OU 49 to fucking 0. We saw more hope at the QB position than we have in a very long time. 

Sure sometimes all of that doesn't work out. But sometimes it does. If you can't enjoy the the ride up or the possibility of the ride up then what's the point? 

Since when are we content with winning one game? Yeah, it was OU and we blew their asses out in the biggest game of the year. I loved it. But I’m not into winning single games. I’m into winning championships, something we haven’t done in over a decade.

Great win. Now build on it. Beat the teams you should beat. Compete for championships. Stop shitting the bed against inferiority.

Fucking Charlie Strong beat OU.

Herman beat OU.

Half you fuckers were all “I’m out” two weeks ago after the Tech game. Now it’s “we’re gonna run the table RAWR.”

Someone win a damn championship.

Edited by Ghost of Shag
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

I don't disagree with your last sentence here.

That said, comparing those wins to this one is silly and you know it.

Herman’s should’ve been a blowout against a much better ou team. But you know Turtle

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Since when are we content with winning one game? Yeah, it was OU and we blew their asses out in the biggest game of the year. I loved it. But I’m not into winning single games. I’m into winning championships, something we haven’t done in over a decade.

Great win. Now build on it. Beat the teams you should beat. Compete for championships. Stop shitting the bed against inferiority.

Herman beat OU.

Half you fuckers were all “I’m out” two weeks ago after the Tech game. Now it’s “we’re gonna run the table RAWR.”

Yeah, there's  no good reason why we can't be one of those teams that has already won a championship this year!!!

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Since when are we content with winning one game? Yeah, it was OU and we blew their asses out in the biggest game of the year. I loved it. But I’m not into winning single games. I’m into winning championships, something we haven’t done in over a decade

Were you happy when we beat Ohio State in 2005?  What about ou, same year?  Or the CCG dismantling of Colorado?

Or did you refrain from having any fun at all until time expired against USC?

And if you're not finding any joy in any Longhorn season that doesn't end in a championship, you might want to become a Bayern Munich fan instead.

I mean, my god, we beat ou 49 to fucking zero.  It's okay to smile.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Were you happy when we beat Ohio State in 2005?  What about ou, same year?  Or the CCG dismantling of Colorado?

Or did you refrain from having any fun at all until time expired against USC?

And if you're not finding any joy in any Longhorn season that doesn't end in a championship, you might want to become a Bayern Munich fan instead.

I mean, my god, we beat ou 49 to fucking zero.  It's okay to smile.

Fucking this.

Even if we were in the midst of a 4-8 season, beating OU 49-0 should be good for a stiffy.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Herman beat OU.

What in the world are you talking about? We beat our arch rival 49-0. Biggest blowout ever. Why wouldn't we celebrate that?

Are you under some weird impression that fans on a message board being happy about this win will have some sort of effect on the rest of the games? Literally the only effect that fans celebrating the shit out of that win on every form of social media will have is positive publicity for the program that will help recruiting. This post makes zero sense whatsoever. Those of us enjoying the 49-0 over OU on this board have exactly jack shit to do with whether or not the team wins games in the future.

And guess what? Your insistence on not celebrating too much also has jack shit to do with it. The only thing it accomplishes is making you experience less enjoyment. So congratulations, you're making yourself miserable.

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 2

Fuck yes, I am. I didn’t think I’d ever live to see the day Texas shutout OU. They did it to us in a year when that was our only loss (2004). Fuck OU. I’m celebrating the fuck out of it and having fun doing my damndest to drive every OU fan that rubbed every single Texas blunder all over the place into a nervous breakdown; and that includes Charlie Strong fucking up the coin toss against UCLA in 2014. Mother fuck OU in every orifice. I wish it was 70-0. The fact that it wasn’t is the only disappointment. I don’t play for the team. I don’t have business with Iowa State to tend to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, hook me said:

I love beating the ever-loving shit out of OU just as much as anyone, but let's not sit here & pretend that was some sort of halfway decent OU team. That team sucked. The coaches sucked, the players sucked, the game plans sucked, the execution of the sucky game plans sucked.

200.gif&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=76141505e0f73503b

• Hook 'Em 2

Fuck yes, I am. I didn’t think I’d ever live to see the day Texas shutout OU. They did it to us in a year when that was our only loss (2004). Fuck OU. I’m celebrating the fuck out of it and having fun doing my damndest to drive every OU fan that rubbed every single Texas blunder all over the place into a nervous breakdown; and that includes Charlie Strong fucking up the coin toss against UCLA in 2014. Mother fuck OU in every orifice. I wish it was 70-0. The fact that it wasn’t is the only disappointment. I don’t play for the team. I don’t have business with Iowa State to tend to.

OU fans know sark could have hung a hundred on them

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Herman beat OU.

Why do you even watch the games then? The only games where a championship is decided are played in December and January. Maybe just check in then if Texas is playing?

Really, if a 49-0 win over OU doesn’t move the needle from a satisfaction perspective, then I don’t see how spending time watching or on a message board is even worth it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

14 hours ago, Ghost of Shag said:

Herman beat OU.

listen here, ya little shit

i can be very happy beating our arch-rival with a record-setting ass-whoopin without also turning into a namby pansy pumpin sunshine up everyone's asshole thinkin we'll win out. wvu just beat Baylor; anything can happen

and for the record, I am, in reality, struttin like yordan alvarez after he knocked a meatball down the middle clear into the stratosphere for a walk off game 1 homer oh yeah, that happened, too, and do you see me whining like a little bitchass that oh no, we MIGHT not win the world series?

no you dumb shit

I'm fucking walking around with my dick out and a bottle of lube and I'm making eye contact with the karens at the checkout line while i moan "ewers... yordan..." over and over again

like that machine that glazes the donuts at Krispy Kreme man

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Man, I remember running around the field at the Cotton Bowl in 1989 after Gardere to Walker scored right in front of my face.  I was fucking hammered.  I spent hours afterwards at the fair, still hammered, out of my mind.  I didn't care that it was years since Texas had been relevant.  We had just beaten fucking OU.

I remember acting the fool on Guadalupe the next year, because I couldn't make the game in Dallas, but once again Gardere led us to victory.  Me and my game-watching buddies (un)wisely headed to the drag, hammered (ahem) and as was the theme, acted the fools.  Best part was rushing a local CBS news camera on the sidewalk and becoming the lead-in to their 10 PM broadcast . . . following their 9 PM airing of the hit show "Twin Peaks".

I can't tell you how many "hey jj, saw you on the local news, you weren't feeling pain, ah ha ha ha".  Dammit.

There is NO good reason to question a win over OU, and a historical beatdown?  Some of you could fuck up an orgy.

Edited by jimmyjazz
  • Hook 'Em 3

On 10/13/2022 at 7:54 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

It's incredible to me how dead this board seems to be when compared to the excitement that has been in the stands and the sense of giddyness I personally feel about what I'm seeing from the program this year.  I would have thought people would be coming out of the woodwork to post and jump on board.  

I can understand being gun shy.  We’ve seen a lot of fool’s gold over the last decade plus.  A fantastic win followed by a soul crushing loss.  My hope is this is different because I truly believe the talent level is better.  We can I underperform and still manage a win because our guys are better than their guys most weeks.  

I hope we string together some ass kicking wins in a row because I know shell shocked fan base is looking for signs that this time it’s real.  Programs with a lot less history and resources have risen, fallen and risen again in the time that we’ve been down. 
it’s about damn time Texas got back to being the bully and handing about weekly savage beatings.  

5/6 of the game was great.   There’s a few things we could have done that would have made it better   

Tell the players there’s NIL gold in the methtard dental plans, go get it all.  

Throw matches in their meth lab, game bus RVs and watch their program financially burn to the ground.  

It’s fucking OU   With 10 min left if they decide to quit because they’ve had enough, don’t respect their decision.  Make them portal out of the cotton bowl to make it stop   

Other than that I thoroughly enjoyed that ass whipping.  

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I'm expecting a well coached, solid ISU team to come to town with upset on their mind.  A 24-14 win would make me happy.

I prefer to see that same solid, well coached, upset minded ISU team come to town and later leave as a shining example of the old Mike Tyson adage “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Lhorn said:

I prefer to see that same solid, well coached, upset minded ISU team come to town and later leave as a shining example of the old Mike Tyson adage “everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

I hope this game is over by halftime (us winning, btw) but take a look at the scores.

image.thumb.png.5d79e7b33a9d17b382d5d89ef46db0ff.png

image.png