Big 12 Basketball '22-'23 (fuck Baylor)

ztejas

It didn't take long for Beard or Adams to stand at the mountaintop and be at the pinnacle of their professions... and 2 years later, just completely shit the bed.

LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech University has suspended men’s basketball head coach Mark Adams in relation to the use of an inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment last week.

Fired, immediately. I would have said the exact same thing last year. 

Edited by Brian Fantana

Sorry I am basically just waking up with a major hangover, but lmao:

LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech University has suspended men’s basketball head coach Mark Adams in relation to the use of an inappropriate, unacceptable, and racially insensitive comment last week.

On Friday, Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt was made aware of an incident regarding a coaching session between Adams and a member of the men’s basketball team. Adams was encouraging the student-athlete to be more receptive to coaching and referenced Bible verses about workers, teachers, parents, and slaves serving their masters. Adams immediately addressed this with the team and apologized.

Upon learning of the incident, Hocutt addressed this matter with Adams and issued him a written reprimand. Hocutt subsequently made the decision to suspend Adams effective immediately in order to conduct a more thorough inquiry of Adams’ interactions with his players and staff.

He's incredibly fired. Hilarious. I can't imagine a more tone deaf thing to do in front of a group of predominantly black student athletes. Old white men need to fucking die, man. 

He gone.

I had heard he and donors were not on speaking terms for most of the season, and that it was over.  Then the Aimaq situation came up, along with other rumblings within the lockerroom.

Would be interesting to know what pulled it relatively together again( straight CASH, Homie) as well as what happened between Adams and ( probably) Dusty Womble that galvanized their feud.

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

Also this is truly the moment that Tech can hire Rodney Terry bc I hear he’s done a great job and since Texas is going to chase a name, they can hire RT and prove us wrong 

Life itself proves Texas wrong when it comes to coaching hires.

It is interesting that Adams tried to get out in front of it almost immediately with the interview with Jeff Goodman.

Wouldn't shock me one bit if we are only getting part of the truth but Tech saw their opportunity to move forward with firing him for cause and jumped on it.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry I am basically just waking up with a major hangover, but lmao:

He's incredibly fired. Hilarious. I can't imagine a more tone deaf thing to do in front of a group of predominantly black student athletes. Old white men need to fucking die, man. 

Your last sentence was unnecessary and pretty fucking stupid and over the top. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Are they setting the stage for rehiring Beard? You mean to tell me Tech boosters didn't pay Trew off to get him fired from Texas?

Fuck, you’re right. These guys are playing 4-D chess. Of course they probably had to hire someone to hatch this scheme because, well…

1 hour ago, UTEE97 said:

Are they setting the stage for rehiring Beard? You mean to tell me Tech boosters didn't pay Trew off to get him fired from Texas?

It's funny to say, but if anyone thinks this might be plausible, they completely ignored the circumstances of Beard's departure from Tech.  He will never fucking work there again.  

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

It's funny to say, but if anyone thinks this might be plausible, they completely ignored the circumstances of Beard's departure from Tech.  He will never fucking work there again.  

I don't know man. I say, let's follow the money trail. Are you going to tell me Randi Trew made $5M from her closet organizing business?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, slorch said:

Everything surrounding this saga regarding Beard’s departure, to Mark Adams being hired and his amazing first season, to now both of them being canned before the end of their 2nd season for absurd behavior- is completely crazy. 

Texas Tech’s list of coaches, hoe they got the job and how they departed, is whackier than any program out there over the last 30 years or so. From rampant cheating to hiring a disgraced legend to leaving in the middle of the season for nepotism to another former national championship coach who ends up being a short timer to a rampant player abuser to hiring a guy who held his previous job for 19 days to losing him to the big instate school after becoming one of the most popular coaches on campus ever to watching that coach get fired for felony domestic violence to watching the assistant do amazing his first year, and then implode his second and then get fired for spitting on a player and quoting the Bible about master slave relationships (not exact, but he’s getting fired for sure). 

What a fucking whirlwind. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

Everything surrounding this saga regarding Beard’s departure, to Mark Adams being hired and his amazing first season, to now both of them being canned before the end of their 2nd season for absurd behavior- is completely crazy. 

Texas Tech’s list of coaches, hoe they got the job and how they departed, is whackier than any program out there over the last 30 years or so. From rampant cheating to hiring a disgraced legend to leaving in the middle of the season for nepotism to another former national championship coach who ends up being a short timer to a rampant player abuser to hiring a guy who held his previous job for 19 days to losing him to the big instate school after becoming one of the most popular coaches on campus ever to watching that coach get fired for felony domestic violence to watching the assistant do amazing his first year, and then implode his second and then get fired for spitting on a player and quoting the Bible about master slave relationships (not exact, but he’s getting fired for sure). 

What a fucking whirlwind. 

Gotta have SOMETHING to break up the monotony out here. 

Anyone know what the bible verse was that got all this started?

Just kind of wondering if it was truly a stupid thing to say.  Or if it was just an overly-sensitive kid that he quoted it to.

I hate that people are losing jobs these days for saying barely (or borderline) insensitive stuff.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1