Qatar World Cup thread of off-the-pitch drama and debauchery

TexasHooch

3 minutes ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Didn't he have a heart attack in the press box?

Why do people think he was murdered?

Very healthy journalist openly supporting gay rights that gets death threats every day gets killed in population that hates journalists and gays and the thousands of other corpses that have piled up in this WC.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Do you have link to story? Cardiac massage means they cracked his chest. 

I’m pretty sure something got lost in translation and what was meant was CPR.

/csb my last flight was a multi system trauma that coded as we hit the ED door. Doc cracked his chest and went to squeezing as we hung another unit of blood and FFP. Dude discharged 6 weeks later no deficits.
  • Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

Not really that uncommon. Will see what post shows but he is in age range for widowmaker lesion. I know 2 people who died from complete LAD occlusion, both very fit. One barely 40 and one late 40’s. One former  high school and one former collegiate athlete. One of my partners, a bit older but fit and former wrestler, felt tired after playing racquetball, then went skiing and couldn’t make more than one run. Came home and had stress test and went straight from treadmill to cathlab where they found >95% stenosis. Never a bit of even atypical chest pain. Just tired out quicker than usual. 

if you have that tight a lesion, a little inflammation from an illness, stress hormones, hell even normal sleep cycle surge in epinephrine can make platelets sticky enough for complete occlusion

* or having sex, esp with someone who is not your wife

I’m turning 40 this week and terrified now.  Might not be able to sleep after reading this. Thanks a lot. 

In Qatar many ponder if a guest foreign journalist should foist colonist Western viewpoints regarding socially accepted foreign norms on a deeply religious culture that is not accepting of those colonial constructs. Flips that guy wearing a rainbow t-shirt and throwing editorials out left and right into a colonizing hypocrite in the Muslim world. He becomes the person he is conditioned to hate the most.

• Fuck You 1

54 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

In Qatar many ponder if a guest foreign journalist should foist colonist Western viewpoints regarding socially accepted foreign norms on a deeply religious culture that is not accepting of those colonial constructs. Flips that guy wearing a rainbow t-shirt and throwing editorials out left and right into a colonizing hypocrite in the Muslim world. He becomes the person he is conditioned to hate the most.

Qatar: I hate the world

Qatar: so let’s host the entire world. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

If you think something is off, go to the doc.  Saved my ass a couple of years ago.  Step 1 in that process is having a doc you can go to without making the choice of paying the urgent care deductible or saying fuck it, I’ll get better.  Get a physical every now and then once you get north of 40.  Then you have a doc who can squeeze you in on short notice.

On 12/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Loch Ness Monster said:

Didn't he have a heart attack in the press box?

Why do people think he was murdered?

And if the Qatar govt or Qatari are going to order somebodys assassination, pretty sure there are more worthwhile targets than a sports journalist over a rainbow shirt. Jamal Khashoggi he wasnt…

Yeah, but that is assuming they use logic and reasoning to guide their decisions. If all they know is mafia type tactics, but their decisions are guided by religious fanaticism, then you could easily get this. I'm not saying it is likely, but it wouldn't be particularly surprising, given that they've already basically gotten away with bribing FIFA to get the WC and using slave labor to build their stadiums.