Scrooged

closetohumping

9 hours ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Bill Murray pouring himself the vodka and Tab always killed me.

There's something about him and Tab.  In Kingpin, he was ordering during lunch with Woody.  I think it was with vodka or tanqueray.  Another excellent movie.

I was kind of drunk when I posted the OP.  Was thinking I was going to get panned but glad to see others with great taste.  Hilarious movie.

As a tangent, the apple plus movie Spirited with will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds is almost more of a Scrooged adaptation than a Christmas carol adaptation, if that makes sense.  But, as a musical. I had my doubts when the first song began and I realized it was a musical, but it wasn’t overdone and a couple of the songs were pretty fun. 

• Hook 'Em 1

There's something about him and Tab.  In Kingpin, he was ordering during lunch with Woody.  I think it was with vodka or tanqueray.  Another excellent movie.

I was kind of drunk when I posted the OP.  Was thinking I was going to get panned but glad to see others with great taste.  Hilarious movie.

“Tanqueray and Tab and keep ‘em coming. I’ve got a long drive.” (I believe that was the line.)

CSB: we were at a friend’s Housewarming 70’s theme party back in early March 2020 and there was Tab and Tanqueray so I made one in honor of Big Ern. It was terrible — and I got Covid from the first confirmed UT Health Science Covid positive patient at that party.
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

As a tangent, the apple plus movie Spirited with will Ferrell and Ryan Reynolds is almost more of a Scrooged adaptation than a Christmas carol adaptation, if that makes sense.  But, as a musical. I had my doubts when the first song began and I realized it was a musical, but it wasn’t overdone and a couple of the songs were pretty fun. 

You must love musicals. You're the only presumably straight man I've seen post about watching the whole thing. I couldn't make it through 10 minutes.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:54 AM, Pato del Muerto said:

Counterpoint: the novelty of hearing Will Ferrell sing wore off before the first song ended. After that I started looking for knitting needles with which to stab my eardrums, but settled for switching to something else.