2022 Allstate Sugar Bowl - Alabama vs. Kansas State

satyanash

2 minutes ago, Boogaloo said:

Questionable decision there

Definitely. I get the sentiment. Bama has a team full of NFL athletes and K-State... doesn't. So props to Klieman for REALLY going for it. But that might not have been the best time to try that onside kick

If the game wasn't over before, it is now. Hell of a pass by Young

Edited by campcrunk

Kansas State doesn't want to be there? 

I hope Bama fans are enjoying watching Young today. Because the Jalen Milroe experience looks like it's going to be a very rude awakening for them (assuming they don't go back to Drake Maye with $10 million or something)

Edited by campcrunk
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WBT said:

Too bad Kliemann didn't trust his guys to play straight up

The problem with that is time of possession.  He can't play that game down 11...and now 18...and soon to be 25.

He needed to steal a possession to try to get close.

I get why he did it; it just didn't work out, and now this game is over.

12 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The problem with that is time of possession.  He can't play that game down 11...and now 18...and soon to be 25.

He needed to steal a possession to try to get close.

I get why he did it; it just didn't work out, and now this game is over.

Yeah, as well as Young is playing it doesn't really matter.  But I also thought they should have taken the fg late in the 2Q to cut it to 14-13.  Even if Bama still scored the TD before half, it's still a 1-score game at the half.  Then, come kick off and play D and go from there.

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Yeah, as well as Young is playing it doesn't really matter.  But I also thought they should have taken the fg late in the 2Q to cut it to 14-13.  Even if Bama still scored the TD before half, it's still a 1-score game at the half.  Then, come kick off and play D and go from there.

this.  his team was playing fine and he gave Bama all the momentum.

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Kleinman decided he was going to gamble every chance he had; thing is, he's had two chances (the 4th and goal and the onside) and lost both; killing whatever momentum they had.

Hats off to him, for he knew he had to take those shots to have a chance.  He could play Alabama straight up when they were seemingly disinterested; once they woke up, it was over.

For all the shit Saban gets, this was as big of a potential "...didn't want to be there" scenario as any of the bowl games.  They go down 10 and then don't miss a beat and they look like they do, in fact, very much want to be there.  Also, did they have anyone opt out?  Sugar Bowl is a big deal bowl, sure, but I don't think anyone would have been surprised if Young and/or Will Anderson had sat this one out.  It's not like it's the CFP.  

Also watching various Alabama targets actually catching deep balls...PTSD.

3 minutes ago, Augustus said:

First page of this thread is hilarious.  Sports fans can't wait to overreact in the first quarter.

lulz. there are some hot takes earlier in this thread. this might be my favorite

2 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

KSU is lucky Young is overrated 

image.png.ee60e50e3a16046a58d5ace9a42cc878.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

lulz. there are some hot takes earlier in this thread. this might be my favorite

image.png.ee60e50e3a16046a58d5ace9a42cc878.png

The universe just waits for us to make silly comments and then bitch slaps us.

1 minute ago, closetohumping said:

Not sure if I should chant sec or not

There are going to be SEC chants at DKR so might as well jump aboard.