2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

Wow.  2.5 hours of moderate to even heavy downpour.  Starting to fizzle out here in near South Austin.  Should be a delightful morning commute and wonderful morning at Bergstrom for our USGP visitors.  Thanks For spending all that cash here; safe travels, get the fuck out. 

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

More than 1" at the casa. That's what they were showing on the map for the next seven days. I'm just playing with house money at this point.

Yeah, totally stopped about 30 minutes ago and got right around 3/4''.  Not had for the first day of this "wet cycle."  I'll be perfectly happy with 2" overall between now and Monday.  I did some corn-gluten meal over dead spot/weedy spots in yard last week plus rain this week.  if we can keep from having 90* days with too much sunshine this next 7 days, dormancy won't be great but not as brutal as it looked like it was gonna be a couple weeks ago.  It's still gonna be hot and humid, but overcast with intermittent moderate to heavy rains for next7 days will help tremendously.  

Of course my oldest saw me looking at the 10-day and she sees Halloween rain chances and was immediately saddened.  I got the "Daddy, you're always talking about how we need this much rain and that much rain, now you're gonna ruin Halloween!"  To which I replied, "I'd gladly trade your Halloween for knowledge of my powers sweetheart."  

Yeah, totally stopped about 30 minutes ago and got right around 3/4''.  Not had for the first day of this "wet cycle."  I'll be perfectly happy with 2" overall between now and Monday.  I did some corn-gluten meal over dead spot/weedy spots in yard last week plus rain this week.  if we can keep from having 90* days with too much sunshine this next 7 days, dormancy won't be great but not as brutal as it looked like it was gonna be a couple weeks ago.  It's still gonna be hot and humid, but overcast with intermittent moderate to heavy rains for next7 days will help tremendously.  
Of course my oldest saw me looking at the 10-day and she sees Halloween rain chances and was immediately saddened.  I got the "Daddy, you're always talking about how we need this much rain and that much rain, now you're gonna ruin Halloween!"  To which I replied, "I'd gladly trade your Halloween for knowledge of my powers sweetheart."  
Are we supposed to be doing corn gluten in the fall also? I've only been doing it in the spring. In the fall I use Scott's winter guard.

Yeah, I don't know much about rain models but was looking at the HRRR runs since someone was expressing concern.  Very interesting...

https://weather.us/model-charts/rapid-us/texas/radar-reflectivity/20231025-2200z.html

It looks like a hill country beatdown until the morning light.

A cell seems to be taking its sweet ass time training over Junction right now.  

• Hook 'Em 1