2023 Rain Thread

South Austin

1 hour ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

man.  it's depressing to look at this and see how far back you have to go to get a 2 foot jump in 2 days.  

https://travis.uslakes.info/Level/

Even crazier that it has been over 4 years since the lake was completely full. Lets fill it up this winter so we will have total chaos for spring boating.

• Haha 1

Lake Travis

10/24/2023 - 627.00

10/27/2023 - 629.42

and the Llano is still flowing high from the rain. 

we might get 3-4 feet.  3 for sure I'd think.

that's before Sunday and Monday (assuming anything hits out there).

edit - I was just guessing, HOOKEM4 has the real answer.  amazing.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, HOOKEM4 said:

LCRA is projecting it to come up to between 631.5 - 632.5 by Sunday. A 5' rise would be amazing, but I need another 2"-4" of widespread rain in the watershed. That would really push that up. Fingers crossed this shifts southwest some:

p120i.gif?1698422488

KXAN has a similar forecast through mid week next week -- 0.75-2 inches of rain in the hill country with the larger totals in san saba and lampasas counties. LT could get some more rise out of this after all. looks like most of the rain will come on monday.

Edited by troph

16 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

There is a nice big cell that looks like it's just going to park over Fredericksburg for a little while, which will be really nice for the Perd.

Drove through it last night right before dusk on the way to the ranch.  It was coming down in buckets.  6+" in the rain gauge when I got here last night.  The ground is as saturated as I've seen it here in years.  Any additional rain will do wonders for the Highland Lakes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/28/2023 at 10:56 AM, Spaulding Smails said:

Drove through it last night right before dusk on the way to the ranch.  It was coming down in buckets.  6+" in the rain gauge when I got here last night.  The ground is as saturated as I've seen it here in years.  Any additional rain will do wonders for the Highland Lakes.  

I was up yesterday and it was so wet that water was shooting out of the ground when I walked around. We got almost 6.5" out there. The trees needed it so badly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I'll take a week or so of really nice weather, we need a break from the dry and a break from the heat. bring on November and December, they are going to prove to be our nicest months of the year in the new normal.  So stop your fucking bitching and get out side and enjoy shorts and sweatshirt weather. fuck man, we travel in the summer and on vacation to places that feel like this does now. This is like a field of dreams, it's heaven. now go eat corn on the cob you miserable fucks.  jk

• Hook 'Em 2

16 hours ago, troph said:

I'll take a week or so of really nice weather, we need a break from the dry and a break from the heat. bring on November and December, they are going to prove to be our nicest months of the year in the new normal.  So stop your fucking bitching and get out side and enjoy shorts and sweatshirt weather. fuck man, we travel in the summer and on vacation to places that feel like this does now. This is like a field of dreams, it's heaven. now go eat corn on the cob you miserable fucks.  jk

I've got reservations at the Davis Mountains the second weekend of December.  Hoping the weather cooperates.

• Drool 2