NFL Playoffs

Vic Mackey

19 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Bengals - Bills will be in Atlanta right? 

So ridiculously stupid they don't coin flip a game that has to be cancelled. They could even televise it and get top ratings for a 30 min NFL coin flip special. 

Edited by Hermanator

Yes
No, it's the AFC championship if it's KC vs Buffalo that will be in Atlanta. Buffalo gets next week at home no matter who they play. Cincinnati got fucked in this ordeal after they cancelled game. NFL ignored their own rules in place of a cancellation and what happens for seeding. Cincinnati was on their way to getting the 2 seed that night. Which is huge because it guarantees you 2 home games no matter what happens and could be all 3 if the 1 gets knocked off.

Buffalo won't play a road game these playoffs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

i listed green bay just to troll..... milwaukee is the packer's msa plus the rest of the state
yes tatonka are safe now
but i disagree on not going in to toronto with the bills safe
it will be 3 or 5 canadian teams because the cross-border work rules and tax rules are already worked out from the other 4 big leagues and 3 or 5 have the same result: they bring the entire country of 39 million; calgary and edmonton are beneficial because they help move the nfl center of gravity further west
europe and asia will never happen even with the advent of the Boom Overture because the tax rules will make foreign teams in those regions impossible
i could see mexico city, monterey and guadalajara along with the canadians, and that's the 8...   but until we solve immigration, decriminalize the drug trade and stabilize the mexican government, they are not viable for the nfl, and unfortunately i think that's their lot for the rest of the century
+++
so, in summary, if you're not growing, your dying, and the only significant remaining massive jump in tv money is the great white north, and thus 3 or 5 US cities/regions have to happen to keep balanced divisions/schedules; move san diego back to san diego and it's 4 or 6 us expansion teams.   sorry blue bomber and roughrider fans.

The nfl is continuing to grow. It’s tv reach is continuing to increase. There are 32 owners with a monopoly. They will not easily be enticed to dilute their shares. I don’t see it. Especially into Canadian markets competing with hockey, declining populations, etc.

no serious person picked the Vikings. They're a lost organization, no identity. 

7 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
10 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

Huh? Why?

Because the NFL is catering to Buffalo after what happened that night. They catered to the Mob Rules mentality and gave Buffalo the easiest road they could have to the Super Bowl.

well, there has to be a logical reason besides the emotional one.