2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

Judson giving Westlake all they handle. 
Westlake up 17-0 at the half. CJ fumbled the opening kickoff and WL scored a TD a few plays later. Converse has had multiple drives in to the Westlake end but each ended with a turnover on downs. 
miles Davis is a full grown man. UT should continue recruiting him. 

1 hour ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Go Bos! They should win by ~30. I’ll be watching on YouTube, along with the WFAA game of the week. 

35-7 at half. Marshall is just too small. There D Line is tiny. 

and OU is gonna have to work on Tatum’s running style. Way too upright in my opinion 

I'm at Highland Park's stadium watching HP take it to Lewisville.  HP is up 21-10 at half.  HP is consistently hitting the big play, despite really getting pushed around by both Lewisville lines.  Lewisville has some very good athletes, but HP is assignment sound and are making excellent adjustments at the line reacting to the Lewisville blitzes.

12 minutes ago, Ravishing Rick said:

I'm at Highland Park's stadium watching HP take it to Lewisville.  HP is up 21-10 at half.  HP is consistently hitting the big play, despite really getting pushed around by both Lewisville lines.  Lewisville has some very good athletes, but HP is assignment sound and are making excellent adjustments at the line reacting to the Lewisville blitzes.

According to Surly, until HP can beat a top 5 team in November, they are not worthy of a top 25 ranking

Goddamnit Steele. And I’m not quite sure why I thought an 0-1 Judson team coming off back to back losing seasons would give Westlake a game. 

The PSJA North train keeps rolling as they beat a pretty solid Los Fresnos team 54-17. LF’s sophomore superman Robert Pineda couldn’t do much of anything outside of a 75 yard TD run. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Goddamnit Steele. And I’m not quite sure why I thought an 0-1 Judson team coming off back to back losing seasons would give Westlake a game. 

The PSJA North train keeps rolling as they beat a pretty solid Los Fresnos team 54-17. LF’s sophomore superman Robert Pineda couldn’t do much of anything outside of a 75 yard TD run. 

😎

On 8/29/2023 at 8:29 AM, Helobious said:

If you want to see a boatrace watch what Steele is going to do to LT this weekend. Don’t be shocked if Judson gives a little scare to Westlake either. 

Another Helo two-fer special..

LT 20

Steele 10

Westlake 47

Judson 0

Edited by Dennis Taylor
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

Westlake up 17-0 at the half. CJ fumbled the opening kickoff and WL scored a TD a few plays later. Converse has had multiple drives in to the Westlake end but each ended with a turnover on downs. 

Hey, Blacklab. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but thought we'd agreed that you wouldn't post Westlake updates without running them by me first. 

We don't want to be sharing incorrect, defeatist-styled posts that are off-brand message. Let's discuss this in my office on Monday.

Folks, Blacklab made a typo in his post. It was 77-0 at halftime, not 17-0. And the final was 141-0, not 41-0. Westlake looked AMAZING in every aspect. 

Our QB didn't look nervous, panicky, or inaccurate at all. We were PURPOSELY missing all those passes just to experiment with various game situations.

And our running game is DESIGNED to let the defense know that the QB never runs, so they stack the line and hold our little RB to no gain. THAT IS THE GAME PLAN!!!

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

San Antonio needs to invest more in HS football. Also they’re building too many high schools too fast and thinning out talent. 

Talent is moving back east after O’Conner/Brennan/Brandeis dominated for a while. Reagan, Johnson, Madison, and Steele are all on the rise.

• Hook 'Em 1

Lewisville will be a tough out in Region 1. They have probably 11 or 12 D1 dudes out there and maybe the biggest HS oline Ive ever seen. In the 2nd half they ran with Fasusi at tight end and he's one of the smallest guys upfront.

The QB isnt that good but once they switched to a jumbo front ball control offense they effectively dominated the game and they can throw it up to Jayden Hardy if they get behind the chains

• Drool 1

I watched Wimberley just batter 5A San Antonio (sic, it's in Bulverde) Pieper,  44-6.  Barring injuries, I don't think anyone gives them a close game until the state semis, other than maybe Brock next week.

The Aledo-Guyer game was amazing.  Aledo's QB is amazing and their soph RB is a young colt.

Lovejoy 42  Argyle 14

Melissa 63 China Spring 33

ROHO 38 Decatur 14

SA YMLA 34 Robstown 33

Brock 28 Hirschi 14

Malakoff 51 Grandview 21

Atascocita 42 Katy 34

Edited by Beau Vine
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I watched Wimberley just batter 5A San Antonio (sic, it's in Bulverde) Pieper,  44-6.  Barring injuries, I don't think anyone gives them a close game until the state semis, other than maybe Brock next week.

The Aledo-Guyer game was amazing.  Aledo's QB is amazing and their soph RB is a young colt.

Lovejoy 42  Argyle 14

Melissa 63 China Spring 33

ROHO 38 Decatur 14

SA YMLA 34 Robstown 33

Brock 28 Hirschi 14

Malakoff 51 Grandview 21

Atascocita 42 Katy 34

Heartbreaker for the cottonpickers (robstown’s mascot, no racist)

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, Ravishing Rick said:

11 hours ago, blacklab said:

If y'all are going to be at a Westlake or HP game, you should at least have the courtesy to toss a couple milf pictures our way. You know, for science. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 8/23/2023 at 2:23 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

Any College Park parents on here? I think this was a great hire and Coats is a future star coach. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/hs-sports/football/article/new-culture-college-park-football-kyle-coats-18321373.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Sorry if paywalled. Don't know why it shows up for me, I don't subscribe there

Raises hand, I’ve got one kid that’s a senior and the youngest will be heading to CP next year.  I’ve heard great things about this new coach, but it’s going to take a big effort to turn it around. That program has been pretty bad forever.