2023 Texas High School Football

Hiphopopotamos

37 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I’ve been to it a few times and have zero problem with at in Austin/ Round Rock because it’s a true central location being the closest to Brady which is the true geographical center of Texas. .  My point is next to football, its a sport that has high interest and fan bases that will follow and if the north Texas powers had to play in San Antonio year in a year out or heaven forbid further south, they’d be asking why can’t they have it up there.  

I mean at the top classification baseball is also pretty much dominated by DFW.  

5 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

They should spit it into two weekends if the aim is to keep a TV package going.    Along with that rotate it to different sites.   Have six man through 3A at one site and 4A through 6A at another.  Get rid of the Wednesday and Thursday nonsense too. 

Rotate the games.  

Make the 6A teams play on fucking Wednesday too.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Medina Valley ISD is about to build a new high school. They have enough space and people moving to their area that it's pretty dumb to even do. Just build one massive high school, invest in super nice football stadium, indoor practice facility and they could become a  power in SA. 40k homes are being built in that district area. 

Yeah that’s really stupid. They could’ve totally become a juggernaut, instead they’re giving more kids a chance to participate in stuff and reducing travel time to campuses. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

45 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Yeah that’s really stupid. They could’ve totally become a juggernaut, instead they’re giving more kids a chance to participate in stuff and reducing travel time to campuses. 

High schools should just be football teams with awesome weight rooms and a big warehouse labeled "SKOOL" attached, am I right?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Medina Valley ISD is about to build a new high school. They have enough space and people moving to their area that it's pretty dumb to even do. Just build one massive high school, invest in super nice football stadium, indoor practice facility and they could become a  power in SA. 40k homes are being built in that district area. 

Medina Valley should’ve focused on getting good the last few years and they haven’t.    They would’ve been a perfect to follow a model like Lake Travis before they rose from mediocrity.    True they don’t have the $$ like LT, but they are not begging for any either.  

2 hours ago, slorch said:

Rotate the games.  

Make the 6A teams play on fucking Wednesday too.

Logistically it has some validity.   The argument used is the attendee angle and at least 3A through 6A, at least one of the teams is going to be within a two to three hour drive of the stadium.   In 5A and 6A that will likely be less.   Would a SOC, Duncanville, Aledo or DeSoto game on a Wednesday or Thursday draw a good number?  

6 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I mean I hate to sound like this to the Spring Creek kid.   But he looks like a rag doll 

Summer Creek is the school in Humble Texas.

#11 is listed on their roster as 6'3" and #210.  Granted, rosters can be embellished, but he's a normal sized human being.

1 minute ago, slorch said:

Summer Creek is the school in Humble Texas.

#11 is listed on their roster as 6'3" and #210.  Granted, rosters can be embellished, but he's a normal sized human being.

Summer creek, Spring Creek, Fall Creek……  Too many schools named after creeks just like too many especially in South Texas are named Veterans Memorial.     Not a dig at our fallen soldiers, but it gets confusing . 

• Drool 1

17 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Medina Valley should’ve focused on getting good the last few years and they haven’t.    They would’ve been a perfect to follow a model like Lake Travis before they rose from mediocrity.    True they don’t have the $$ like LT, but they are not begging for any either.  

The houses they’re building out this way are pretty nice. It will be a nice SA suburb. 

If JerryWorld didn't exist and State games were neutral sites:

Gordon vs Westbrook @ Shotwell in Abilene

Ogelsby vs Westbrook @ Shotwell or Stephenville( admitted double header draw would be good)

Timpson Vs Tolar@ Kyle Field in College Station

Mart vs Albany@ Tarleton in Stephenville

Tidehaven vs Gunter @ McLane Stadium in Waco

Franklin vs Malakoff @ McLane Stadium in Waco

Chapel Hill vs Anna @ Waxahachie ISD

Bellville vs Gilmer @ Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches( alternate: McLane Stadium)

Aledo vs Smithson Valley @ Kyle Field in College Station( Alternate: McClane Stadium)

Port Neches- Groves vs South Oak Cliff @ Kyle Field in College Station( Alternate: DKR in Austin)

North Shore vs Duncanville @ Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches

Summer Creek vs Desoto @ Crusader Stadium in Belton

28 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Summer creek, Spring Creek, Fall Creek……  Too many schools named after creeks just like too many especially in South Texas are named Veterans Memorial.     Not a dig at our fallen soldiers, but it gets confusing . 

It's taken me a full year to quit confusing Summer Creek and Shadow Creek.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, slorch said:

If JerryWorld didn't exist and State games were neutral sites:

Gordon vs Westbrook @ Shotwell in Abilene

Ogelsby vs Westbrook @ Shotwell or Stephenville( admitted double header draw would be good)

Timpson Vs Tolar@ Kyle Field in College Station

Mart vs Albany@ Tarleton in Stephenville

Tidehaven vs Gunter @ McLane Stadium in Waco

Franklin vs Malakoff @ McLane Stadium in Waco

Chapel Hill vs Anna @ Waxahachie ISD

Bellville vs Gilmer @ Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches( alternate: McLane Stadium)

Aledo vs Smithson Valley @ Kyle Field in College Station( Alternate: McClane Stadium)

Port Neches- Groves vs South Oak Cliff @ Kyle Field in College Station( Alternate: DKR in Austin)

North Shore vs Duncanville @ Homer Bryce Stadium in Nacogdoches

Summer Creek vs Desoto @ Crusader Stadium in Belton

i-think-you-should-be-really-proud-of-yourself-leona-lewis.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, chainsaw said:

round two had CC Vets Memorial vs Brownsville Vets Memorial. Might be the first time two schools with the same name faced each other in the playoffs.

It’s happened before. Mission Vets Memorial beat SA Vets Memorial a few years ago. I’m sure they played CC Vets before that too.

Dallas ISD files formal complaint over PN-G state championship win

AUSTIN — KFDM/Fox 4 has learned that Dallas ISD has submitted a formal complaint to the University Interscholastic League (UIL) and Texas Association of Sports Officials (TASO) after the Port Neches-Groves Indians defeated the South Oak Cliff Golden Bears to win the state championship football game.

"We can confirm Dallas ISD submitted a formal complaint to UIL and TASO (Texas Association of Sports Officials) related to the 5A Division II Championship Football game against Port Neches-Groves High School on December 16," according to a statement released Wednesday to KFDM/Fox 4 by Julia Zachary, Communications Manager at the University Interscholastic League.

PN-G won its fourth state title by defeating South Oak Cliff, 20 to 17, at AT&T Stadium in Arlington on Saturday, December 16.

The state title rematch drew 33,913 fans to AT&T Stadium, according to the UIL's official attendance.

Full article here

• Haha 2

On 12/25/2023 at 10:04 PM, utfan87 said:

More like the Houston referee chapter deserved top billing

On 1/1/2024 at 2:31 PM, highschoolfootball1 said:

Inteference 1.png

Interference 2.png

On 1/1/2024 at 2:38 PM, utfan87 said:

Offsides on the onside kick. 

8 hours ago, dr99 said:

GBgmvGRWgAAM5Ha.jpeg

@utfan87 seriously ...shut the fuck up. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

On 12/23/2023 at 5:19 PM, austingirl said:

Groves Whataburger representing.

IMG_4096.jpeg

That whataburger is 1/2 mile (take a right down Monroe, turn left down the 3rd or 4th at) from where I grew up. Kent St. Ugly little house with amazing memories of my family.  I miss Daddy. 

😢 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, lilMAC25 said:

That whataburger is 1/2 mile (take a right down Monroe, turn left down the 3rd or 4th at) from where I grew up. Kent St. Ugly little house with amazing memories of my family.  I miss Daddy. 

😢

Going to PM you - we must have lived near each other. We built our house in the early 90s on a lot on Monroe that used to house a big boat the locals called The Ark. Coming from Port Arthur, I had not heard of it, as a child, but people who had been in Groves for a long time used to come by to see the house that was built where The Ark used to be.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, texifornia said:

That is one rabid, roided up porcupine

Springtown copied Permian's use of MOJO sometime back in the late 80s, and decided to start using POJO (porcupine mojo) as their similar rallying cry. I didn't realize they'd named the mascot POJO nowadays.

• Hook 'Em 2