Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Hat tip for semien and seager for doing their jobs and watching altuve’s footwork.  Glad replay is available in case blue wasn’t doing his. 

Yeah, simien caught it in real time. You could see him yelling for the ball and pointing as soon as Altuve started heading back.

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Jung was on that as well. Very head’s up baseball in a chaotic sequence. 

Yep.  

Just now, pops said:

5 straight road wins in the playoffs.... is that a record or not really. Had to be in the wild card era.... maybe?   

And still only behind for 1 inning.  

8 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

Hopefully by us. 

Went looking for contract data to see what the starting pitching situation looks like- completely forgot that they had signed odorizzi as well. 

anyway it looks like just he, Perez, and Monty are FAs of the starting pitching?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Went looking for contract data to see what the starting pitching situation looks like- completely forgot that they had signed odorizzi as well. 

Odorizzi was going to be the 6th starter or long man more than likely, which would’ve left Dunning in the unknown.  

9 hours ago, TexasGary said:

Evan Carter catch.  Correct me if I am wrong but it sounds like the announcer says "back goes Lowe".

He did say that, but I’ll give him a little leeway.  I believe in the moment he mixed Taveras’ name up and flubbed, back goes Leody. And then Carter got to it anyway.

Edited by AbeFroman

1 hour ago, AbeFroman said:

Its disconcerting that the umpire wasn't watching. Like what else was the 2nd base umpire doing on that play. If not for replay Altuve would have still been on first after taking a 3-1 fastball down the middle for ball 4. Those 2 instances plus the run taken off the board from Jung's walk before Taveras HR.

We have to continue to be that much better than these clowns. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Rangers 1-4 hitters went 1-16 tonight with a single. And we won. If they get going tomorrow we’re going to be very happy. 

Absolutely.

Just hope their best hitters continue to miss.

I read today Montgomery is the first pitcher to ever strike out Alvarez three times in one game.

Plenty of Montgomery tidbits: https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38669556/mlb-2023-playoffs-alcs-rangers-pitching-astros-yordan-alvarez

Edited by gofuckyourself
link

Its disconcerting that the umpire wasn't watching. Like what else was the 2nd base umpire doing on that play. If not for replay Altuve would have still been on first after taking a 3-1 fastball down the middle for ball 4. Those 2 instances plus the run taken off the board from Jung's walk before Taveras HR.
Yeah I don't get that at all. Ump at 2nd had literally no other job to do on that fly out to Carter except make sure the runner hits the base before advancing or going back. He was looking right at it and didn't say shit. Luckily we have replay to correct this junk.

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

Yeah I don't get that at all. Ump at 2nd had literally no other job to do on that fly out to Carter except make sure the runner hits the base before advancing or going back. He was looking right at it and didn't say shit. Luckily we have replay to correct this junk.

If he's looking right at it my guess is he didn't understand the rule correctly.