Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Doesn't look good but miracles can happen.

Quick research and "moderate" is a grade 2:

"Utilizing MLB’s Health and Injury Tracking System (HITS), the study revealed that players with Grade 1 strains typically require approximately 27 days to recover"

Found on an article about Severino's oblique strain earlier this year, though like the Yankees that website is a mess at least on mine:

Link

Edited by gofuckyourself
Link

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

No idea what to believe here. Adolis said he's good. But he's not in the lineup. It's definitely not going to heal in an hour. What does moderate really even mean?

Those reports did a lot to not really say much. Except just wait and see.

I'm gonna guess Evan and his bleaker picture is closer to the situation than Buster Olney

Man, we need to win 2 games out of a maximum of 4. Adolis is a big part of the team offensively and defensively, but he’s still one guy, who honestly is probably due for a bit of a slump, at least at the plate. Scherzer probably would give us a max of 5 innings the rest of the year even if he’s 100%, and even that wouldn’t happen until a Game 7.

I’m not arguing we wouldn’t be better off without both of those dudes healthy, but the notion that we’re fucked because of these developments is, itself, fucked.

Keep the faith motherfuckers; these dudes thrive on instability….

Edited by Ignatius
  • Like 1

Man, we need to win 2 games out of a maximum of 4. Adolis is a big part of the team offensively and defensively, but he’s still one guy, who honestly is probably due for a bit of a slump, at least at the plate. Scherzer probably would give us a max of 5 innings the rest of the year even if he’s 100%, and even that wouldn’t happen until a Game 7.
I’m not arguing we wouldn’t be better off without both of those dudes healthy, but the notion that we’re fucked because of these developments is, itself, fucked.
A win tonight would be fucking massive, especially with Eovaldi and Monty going the next 2 games. Although neither of them were that great in their starts so far
  • Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Vic Mackey said:
16 minutes ago, Ignatius said:

A win tonight would be fucking massive, especially with Eovaldi and Monty going the next 2 games. Although neither of them were that great in their starts so far

Seems like every time the team faces a bullpen game, either planned or from early injury, they don’t hit for shit. 

And now that cerrano and Harris are out, going to need Taylor and Vaughn to step up and hope to get something positive from dorn. 

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

No idea what to believe here. Adolis said he's good. But he's not in the lineup. It's definitely not going to heal in an hour. What does moderate really even mean?

Those reports did a lot to not really say much. Except just wait and see.

32 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
35 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:
I'm gonna guess Evan and his bleaker picture is closer to the situation than Buster Olney

Correct. But even those reports don't say much and leave a lot left unknown. I didn't really think he would play tonight at any rate.

As violently as Adolis plays the game, this is the worst kind of injury for him to have. I would expect to see Duran activated possibly in time for tonight's game. I think Bombi is done.

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Seems like every time the team faces a bullpen game, either planned or from early injury, they don’t hit for shit. 

And now that cerrano and Harris are out, going to need Taylor and Vaughn to step up and hope to get something positive from dorn. 

lfg-kama.gif

35 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
38 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Correct. But even those reports don't say much and leave a lot left unknown. I didn't really think he would play tonight at any rate.

There is an advantage to replacing Garcia if they've decided there's no chance he could play again before Saturday's potential Game 7. You could get Duran on the active roster as early as tonight, right?

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

There is an advantage to replacing Garcia if they've decided there's no chance he could play again before Saturday's potential Game 7. You could get Duran on the active roster as early as tonight, right?

Yes

Edited by Ignatius

9 hours ago, SpiralOut said:

I'd be fine with [Scherzer] not being on the roster [in 2024].

He ain't what he used to be.  He hasn't been for a long time.  

And now he's getting injured every time he pitches.  

Watch it! 

Some Surly ️ fans don’t want to see this.

3 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Creed coming to Dallas 9/11/24

3 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Worst thing to ever happen on that day. 

Even Chile 🇨🇱 agrees with that statement.

2 hours ago, Constant said:

Jankowski with an opportunity to create a legacy as a Ranger with a strong game. 

He’s the Texas Rangers’ answer to Frankie Hejduk.

• Haha 1