Texas Rangers 2023 - They're Still Shitty?

ztejas

Holy shit.
When the dipshits last night were talking about all their fans still hanging around in a 10-run game, my wife said "yeah it is pretty crazy those fans are all still there".  I asked her if we had paid $500-$1000 per ticket to be there, would we be leaving early?  

I took my wife to game 4 in 2010. It was the worst baseball game I’ve ever been to in my whole life. I don’t remember what I paid, but we sat there through the whole fucking thing.

That other manager seemed pretty good. I wonder what ever happened to that dude?
  • Haha 3

41 minutes ago, ballrific said:

First off, congrats on the championship Ranger fans. Second, every Ranger friend I saw last night said they loved Wash. So a slightly better 70 yr old version of Dusty? I’ll take it, I guess

Sure thing, have fun. 

I love Wash.  I mean, I don't think he's a great in-game manager.  But neither was Dusty Baker, and Dusty has a few more World Series rings than I do.  So what do I know?

Managers should be entertaining.  Billy Martin, Lou Pinella, Sparky Anderson--they were all entertaining.  Tony LaRussa was entertaining; I hated him, but he entertained me in my hatred of him.  The game lacks entertaining managers these days.  And Washington is always entertaining.

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I love Wash.  I mean, I don't think he's a great in-game manager.  But neither was Dusty Baker, and Dusty has a few more World Series rings than I do.  So what do I know?

Managers should be entertaining.  Billy Martin, Lou Pinella, Sparky Anderson--they were all entertaining.  Tony LaRussa was entertaining; I hated him, but he entertained me in my hatred of him.  The game lacks entertaining managers these days.  And Washington is always entertaining.

That's the way baseball go

4 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Bobby freaking Valentine.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Fudbelty said:

What the fuck. I fell asleep 11-1 and woke up 11-7 and we used LeClerc. Fuck it, a win is a win.

Guess it’s a good reason Burke hadn’t pitched all playoffs.

I should have guessed you were a very old man based on what gets your hackles up on this thread, but falling asleep at 8:30 confirms it.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rimbo said:

I'd like to congratulate y'all on your soon to be first World Series title.

58 minutes ago, ballrific said:

First off, congrats on the championship Ranger fans. Second, every Ranger friend I saw last night said they loved Wash. So a slightly better 70 yr old version of Dusty? I’ll take it, I guess

Negged. Both of you. Out of principle and baseball karma. Don't take it personally. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I fucking hated Scioscia, don’t know if I’ve ever seen a more punchable face. He was entertaining because he bitched about everything but I hated him.

27 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

The Astros fans on this site will go nuclear on Wash's decisions if they hated the same from Dusty this season. It will be wonderful to watch. And yes, Wash is very entertaining, something baseball needs more of. 

3 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

here's hoping we crush  their souls again from jump and Smolz can talk about how great their fans are and lament that we can't play this series 9 more times 'cause the snakes would clearly win them all.  Maybe throw out a random superlative for the Orioles while he's at it.

if we're up big tonight and about to wrap it up towards the end of the game smoltz is going to memorialize the teams we played this playoffs and discredit us by saying how great those other teams were and that we managed to catch them at the right time.  

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yeah, well, cocaine is a hell of a drug.

24 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

and not a single fuck will be given

Exactly.

When we are crushing it and one game away from winning the WORLD SERIES for the first time in our existence (in a rebuild year and with our bullpen) and of, what? 54 years, I am unmoved by all the noise of the haters. I could not care less about any Jon Smoltz anti-Ranger slant, Houston Astros sour grapes, Arizona small-ball media lovefest, bad tv ratings smack talk, etc.

WHO CARES? All I care about is hoisting the trophy that says Texas Rangers, 2023 World Series Champions.

Edited by BeardIP
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, gsoda3 said:

if we're up big tonight and about to wrap it up towards the end of the game smoltz is going to memorialize the teams we played this playoffs and discredit us by saying how great those other teams were and that we managed to catch them at the right time.  

If we're up big and about to wrap it up he can go ahead and say whatever the fuck he wants

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

I bet you can find a great deal close to first pitch.   At least that was my experience game 5 of the WS against San Fran.   I recall paying under face for decent seats.

SeatGeek has tickets for $216 right now. Bargain for any Rangers fan in Arizona today. Flights out of Dallas are closer to a grand and mostly (if not all) filled up.

14 minutes ago, C-Man said:

SeatGeek has tickets for $216 right now. Bargain for any Rangers fan in Arizona today. Flights out of Dallas are closer to a grand and mostly (if not all) filled up.

I was close to booking a refundable (credit) SW flight during game 3 when they were more reasonable.  There was still one that left this afternoon earlier this morning but it was sold out as of a few hours ago.

I'm taking one for the team staying home as I'm 0-2 in 2023 in relatively last minute high leverage 24 hour in and out sports trips (Elite 8 vs. Miami and Stars/Knights Game 2)

11 minutes ago, Skipper said:

I was close to booking a refundable (credit) SW flight during game 3 when they were more reasonable.  There was still one that left this afternoon earlier this morning but it was sold out as of a few hours ago.

I'm taking one for the team staying home as I'm 0-2 in 2023 in relatively last minute high leverage 24 hour in and out sports trips (Elite 8 vs. Miami and Stars/Knights Game 2)

Thank you for your service.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Fuck this shit. One win away from a world championship and this is on the front page? 

20231101_130832.jpg

Haters, bruv.

I already have my Astro fan friends and family texting me some variation of resigning that the Rangers will win but we are a fluke and got lucky that we caught the MLB in a down year and playoff teams who were slumping and it's all fluke and luck. Don't mind the sour grapes.

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I’ve been told by a person who is willing to do such things that if you show up at the airport and go to the desk at spirit and the like, you can get super cheap one way deals as they try to fill up before the doors close.  Maybe they are full anyway from people making their way over, I wouldn’t know. 

9 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Haters, bruv.

I already have my Astro fan friends and family texting me some variation of resigning that the Rangers will win but we are a fluke and got lucky that we caught the MLB in a down year and playoff teams who were slumping and it's all fluke and luck. Don't mind the sour grapes.

If we win tonight, it will go down as one of the best post season performances in the history of baseball. Possibly 12-0 on the road, individual records set, team records set, and a mowing down of all of the best AL teams and our equal in the NL. 

Fuck all the ratings talk. It doesn’t matter.

Edited by Constant
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, HRSchenker said:

Fuck this shit. One win away from a world championship and this is on the front page? 

20231101_130832.jpg

I will never understand why anybody who is not a network executive would ever give a fuck about the television ratings.

Is there some asterisk that would go down in the record books?  Like "*Had low television ratings"?  No?  Then I don't give a fuck.

14 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Haters, bruv.

I've had a few text me as well. All have gotten the following as a reply

Houston Astros Astros GIF - Houston Astros Astros Trash Can ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1