Patrick Mahomes: $45 million (2)
Josh Allen: $43 million
Dak Prescott: $40 million
Matthew Stafford: $40 million (1)
Daniel Jones: $40 million

$504 mil a year. 5 rings.

giphy (8).gif

3 hours ago, The Dog said:

Great athlete, along with Vick the best running QB in the history of the game. But the latter does Jackson no favors when it comes to his long term health. And, more and more, deeper in Jackson's career we've seen you can't  trust his arm and especially the decision making in big moments. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Good for the Ravens and Lamar. He finally came off that Deshaun Watson pipe dream and cashed in that lotto ticket.

It's pretty hilarious that his deal mimics Jalen Hurts essentially. 

1 minute ago, Texzilla58 said:

I think it’s better for Lamar than Ravens. I don’t think he’s worthy of this contract based on injury history and declining performance. That contract will eat so much cap for the next five years they will be shedding talent.

Bingo

I just watched Micah Parsons live reaction to the Mazi pick. Wow he went crazy over it. “No More QB Sneaks!” Very true. That Hurts QB sneak play is deadly. Mazi turns it into a drag race into a brick wall. I think it’s a huge pick to address a problem well face twice a year for ten more years.

12 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

I just watched Micah Parsons live reaction to the Mazi pick. Wow he went crazy over it. “No More QB Sneaks!” Very true. That Hurts QB sneak play is deadly. Mazi turns it into a drag race into a brick wall. I think it’s a huge pick to address a problem well face twice a year for ten more years.

Bro that sneak worked against everyone, even teams with good DT's

Damn. 

Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Shaquil Barrett's 2-year-old daughter, Arrayah, drowned in a swimming pool at his home in Tampa, Florida, on Sunday.

"Today's tragic news is heartbreaking for all members of the Buccaneers family. Our thoughts and prayers are with Shaq, Jordanna and the entire Barrett family during this unimaginably difficult time," the Buccaneers said in a statement. "While no words can provide true comfort at a time such as this, we offer our support and love as they begin to process this very profound loss of their beloved Arrayah."

According to a statement from the Tampa Police Department, officers arrived at a Tampa residence just before 9:30 a.m. ET after receiving a call that a child had fallen into a pool. The child was then transported to a local hospital and pronounced dead shortly later, despite attempts to save her life.

The Tampa PD said an investigation is ongoing.

"It is not believed to be suspicious in nature at this time, but a purely accidental and tragic incident," according to the Tampa PD's statement.

Arrayah Barrett was the youngest of four children in the Barrett family.

13 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

Ravens will regret this. He won’t finish this season or next. Never does.

Lulz. You’ve had a hate boner for Lamar all offseason, writing unprompted critical posts about him all offseason, saying he and his mom screwed up the situation horribly and then he signs one of the biggest deals in history with no agent and rather than admitting you had no clue what you’re talking about you’ve now shifted to what a mistake it was by the  Ravens. Signing Lamar may not get them to a title, but it’s a much better option than losing him this year or next and wandering without a QB while they have a playoff roster everywhere else. The Ravens can also get out of this deal in 3 years without too much trouble. The odds they find a QB better than Lamar in the next 3 years if they let him go are extremely low. 

• Hook 'Em 5

He’s been hurt, gonna get hurt more. That’s his game.

The Hurts contract is what forced Lamar’s hand as he finally figured out a fully guaranteed contract wasn’t happening. He got a huge contract that was basically what the Ravens offered originally with a slight adjustment for Hurts change to the market. Had the Hurts contract not happened I believe he’d still be in the wind, or Ravens would have figured out a trade with Indy or someone else.

4 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

The Hurts contract is what forced Lamar’s hand as he finally figured out a fully guaranteed contract wasn’t happening. He got a huge contract that was basically what the Ravens offered originally with a slight adjustment for Hurts change to the market. Had the Hurts contract not happened I believe he’d still be in the wind, or Ravens would have figured out a trade with Indy or someone else.

If the Hurts contract hadn’t happened then, the Burrow or Herbert one will eventually and would have resulted in the same outcome…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Ignatius said:

If the Hurts contract hadn’t happened then, the Burrow or Herbert one will eventually and would have resulted in the same outcome…

Lamar wasn’t getting a contract larger than Burrow (or Mahomes). I guess what he got was fair, but I agree that the Ravens will regret this in 4 years if not sooner. Injury history plus inevitable decline in running ability will make him worse while the QBs who are better passers should improve with experience. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Lamar wasn’t getting a contract larger than Burrow (or Mahomes). I guess what he got was fair, but I agree that the Ravens will regret this in 4 years if not sooner. Injury history plus inevitable decline in running ability will make him worse while the QBs who are better passers should improve with experience. 

Except the Ravens have no way of acquiring those better QBs so it’s not comparing Lamar to Burrow. It’s Lamar compared to a guy like Derek Carr or Will Levis. And they can move on from him after Year 3 so they’re only really committing to him for 3 years. If he’s declining, then they can move on then. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Except the Ravens have no way of acquiring those better QBs so it’s not comparing Lamar to Burrow. It’s Lamar compared to a guy like Derek Carr or Will Levis. And they can move on from him after Year 3 so they’re only really committing to him for 3 years. If he’s declining, then they can move on then. 

It looks like $29M of $51M for 2026 becomes fully guaranteed in March 2025. $14.5M per year on the prorated signing bonus. Cutting him after the third year would be a $33.5M dead cap hit in 2026 and $14.5M in 2027 (or they could do it post June 1 and average the two years). Either way it’s not a painless break if they want to bail after 3 seasons. 

If they cut him after 2 seasons, they’d owe him his guaranteed 2025 $22.5M option bonus plus $14.5 from the signing bonus, and then the $14.5M again in 2026 and 2027.

57 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

It looks like $29M of $51M for 2026 becomes fully guaranteed in March 2025. $14.5M per year on the prorated signing bonus. Cutting him after the third year would be a $33.5M dead cap hit in 2026 and $14.5M in 2027 (or they could do it post June 1 and average the two years). Either way it’s not a painless break if they want to bail after 3 seasons. 

If they cut him after 2 seasons, they’d owe him his guaranteed 2025 $22.5M option bonus plus $14.5 from the signing bonus, and then the $14.5M again in 2026 and 2027.

The entire outstanding signing bonus total jumps to the year he’s cut or traded. It doesn’t stay on as dead cap for each successive year.  

He was paid the $72.5mil signing bonus up front; the cap hit is $14.5 a year against it. If he leaves all of the remainder accelerates to the coming season. The last two years are crazy cap hits: $74.5mil in 26 and 27 but only dead cap hits of $39 and $21mil. Either a restructure for round 3 or gone.

https://www.spotrac.com/news/breaking-down-lamar-jacksons-260m-contract-1877/

On 5/5/2023 at 12:36 PM, Texzilla58 said:

I'd like to be "forced" to sign one of the 2 biggest contracts in NFL history.  And no, it wasn't at all like the Ravens initial offer.  He received 50 million more in guaranteed dollars at initial signing and will get 40m in guarantees a year sooner than the initial offer, which will give him about 35m more in 2025.  In any terms, on any situation, unless something comes to light like it's not guaranteed for injury or a pot violation, Lamar did okay for himself and saved himself about 7.5m not hiring an agent.  You may not like Lamar or his game, but he bet on himself and did very well at the negotiating table.

• Hook 'Em 3

20 minutes ago, Texzilla58 said:

The second one is the critical one and I want to know more here. What does that even mean? Can NBC snag any game it wants every week? Can Amazon? Did your Sunday game tix get moved to Monday night?

The old system was CBS owned the AFC for Sundays and Fox had the NFC, so it seems like it means that’s no more. Both networks could put an AFC game in the Sunday afternoon slot. The networks have a priority system of who gets to pick first and I assume that’s staying the same because that’s in their deals with the NFL. NBC usually gets first pick and they get flex rights on top of that. 

There’s always been flex scheduling on Sundays after week 11 so a morning or afternoon game can move to Sunday night and vice versa, but they have to do it two weeks in advance.  Now they’re opening flex up to Monday night as well so it’s a big change for fans and teams who will have to change plans two weeks out. 

That’s what I’d like to know. CBS and Fox pay huge money for their respective packages. CBS gets a suite of NFC games to give some compensation for the bigger markets in the NFC. I know the previous flex rules. Does Amazon get a turn in choosing Thursday games? Does ESPN get a shot on Monday nights?

I don’t like multiple Thursday games. I don’t like two week notices to fans or more importantly to teams which have to manage thru complex logistics, travel issues, etc. of changing days of the game. of course nothing will come between owners and their TV overlords.

I also hate international games. I really hate the concept of several teams based there.