Patrick Mahomes

ztejas

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is he the, what, 7th or 8th best NFL QB ever now?

How many guys does he jump tonight - and also - where does he finish?

I think 7 is untouchable but Mahomes could get 4 or 5 potentially. 

Discuss. 

Helps when you got NFL refs calling very questionable holding penalties at the end of the game to tip the scales in your favor...

*NFL Rigged talk not going away....*

Edited by Evil Bill Obrien
words
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 3

1 minute ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Helps when you got NFL refs calling very questionable holding penalties at the end of the game to tip the scales in your favor...

*NFL Rigged talk not going away....*

Helps when you make the Super Bowl a bunch. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Is he the, what, 7th or 8th best NFL QB ever now?

How many guys does he jump tonight - and also - where does he finish?

I think 7 is untouchable but Mahomes could get 4 or 5 potentially. 

Discuss. 

Brady, Montana, Manning. He'll pass Peyton, and probably Montana unless he gets hurt.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

Brady, Montana, Manning. He'll pass Peyton, and probably Montana unless he gets hurt.

He's a better QB than Joe Montana. 

I think he's right with guys like Rodgers and Brees. 

I think he's a half a step below guys like Brady, Marino and Manning. 

The only real negative with Mahomes when discussing his place on the All-Time list is his short time in the league. Six years total. 

He's below Brady, and Montana, but then it get's harder.

Probably still below Peyton, Elway, Brees, and Aikman

I'd say he's already ahead of Rodgers, Eli, Staubach, Bradshaw, Roethlisberger, Young, Wilson

So, I guess I'm slotting him in around 7th all-time.

The ultimate goal is the Super Bowl, but most often it’s the team that plays best that wins. The D scored 7. Special teams damn near scored 7. The Oline pass protected like champs. The D kept the Eagles out of the end zone enough.

I’d say based on his first half dozen years he’s the best ever in their first half dozen years. We will see how the next half a dozen years go.

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

He's a better QB than Joe Montana. 

I think he's right with guys like Rodgers and Brees. 

I think he's a half a step below guys like Brady, Marino and Manning. 

Better than Montana?   Agree to disagree.  

At the rate he's going, he probably will be at some point, but not yet in my book.

Super Bowl Stats. 

NAME                                                      GP W CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG YDS/G TD TD% INT INT% SCK SCKY RATE

Joe Montana   4 4 83 122 68.0 1,142 9.4 285.5 11 9.0 0 0.0 7 30 127.8

Patrick Mahomes   3 2 73 118 61.9 738 6.3 246.0 5 4.2 4 3.4 7 45 79.7
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Better than Montana?   Agree to disagree.  

At the rate he's going, he probably will be at some point, but not yet in my book.

Super Bowl Stats. 

NAME                                                      GP W CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG YDS/G TD TD% INT INT% SCK SCKY RATE

Joe Montana   4 4 83 122 68.0 1,142 9.4 285.5 11 9.0 0 0.0 7 30 127.8

Patrick Mahomes   3 2 73 118 61.9 738 6.3 246.0 5 4.2 4 3.4 7 45 79.7

You might want to reformat this. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

The arguably better/more complete team got beat by the best QB on the field tonight, so as much as it pains me due to coat tail riding Tech fan friends who like to forget Mahomes was a 7-5 machine in Lubbock, there is probably something to Pro level Mahomes being in this discussion of NFL greats.

Mahomes was fucking awesome in Lubbock. His o-line sucked ass and so did the defense.  His record with Tech has jack shit to do with his greatness. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean he's coming for your boy just like LeBron came for MJ. 

He won’t come close.  Not because of Mahomes but the team surrounding him will have to be remade over and over which is pretty impossible.  Plus he will have another coach at some point since Reid is already pretty old.  He could pull a Lebron and switch teams 2-3 times to other stacked teams but I don’t think that will happen.

he was not even a 7-5 machine at Tech they were 4-8, 7-6, 5-7 when he was at Tech, but that was not his fault at all he had a total fucking idiot for a head coach it was all on him

and that highlight youtube is pretty amazing, but a big % of those plays were against some shit teams, but they were still great to watch and he is amazing

also the title of that youtube is laughable since a huge % of that is not even remotely "air raid" he is outside the pocket way too much, he holds the ball way too long for the air raid, and an ideal air raid QB should have about 1 yard rushing per game not making great runs in designed plays or taking off (and making an amazing run) when the pocket breaks down in seconds

the fact that he made those runs and he did make those plays outside the pocket or while waiting for an open receiver does tell you he is amazing.....but he is not amazing for  the air raid since that offense leaves out a large % of his skill set......the lazy shit bag that was his coach at the time should have been able to make an offense to fit him, but the fact that he couldn't is part of why they had that shit record his 3 years there

the best thing to ever happen to him was getting drafted by a team that had the ability (and the sense) to sit him for a year and actually coach him because he had gone 3 years plus without any meaningful coaching at all much less any that for his abilities.....also coaching him that running is his last option (and him accepting that) was huge for him and shows he is not just talented, but smart which makes it all the shittier that he and his talents were wasted at Tech

he has a lot of great years left in him he will be fun to watch and he can get major wins even when he is not on the 100% best team on the field

Edited by ButtFumble

I think QBs in general are overrated. That’s just how it is, always has been and always will be. We give them credit for Super Bowl wins, which has always been weird to me. (Does Pete Carroll deciding not to punch it in with Marshawn Lynch make Brady a better QB?)

I like watching the line play, and KC’s OL was phenomenal tonight. They get the game ball. 

Mahomes is great, has always reminded me of Elway. I don’t think that if he wins a third Super Bowl that that means he’s necessarily better than Elway - that’s a weird metric to me if we’re talking about how good a player is. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski

19 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

he was not even a 7-5 machine at Tech they were 4-8, 7-6, 5-7 when he was at Tech, but that was not his fault at all he had a total fucking idiot for a head coach it was all on him

and that highlight youtube is pretty amazing, but a big % of those plays were against some shit teams, but they were still great to watch and he is amazing

also the title of that youtube is laughable since a huge % of that is not even remotely "air raid" he is outside the pocket way too much, he holds the ball way too long for the air raid, and an ideal air raid QB should have about 1 yard rushing per game not making great runs in designed plays or taking off (and making an amazing run) when the pocket breaks down in seconds

the fact that he made those runs and he did make those plays outside the pocket or while waiting for an open receiver does tell you he is amazing.....but he is not amazing for  the air raid since that offense leaves out a large % of his skill set......the lazy shit bag that was his coach at the time should have been able to make an offense to fit him, but the fact that he couldn't is part of why they had that shit record his 3 years there

the best thing to ever happen to him was getting drafted by a team that had the ability (and the sense) to sit him for a year and actually coach him because he had gone 3 years plus without any meaningful coaching at all much less any that for his abilities.....also coaching him that running is his last option (and him accepting that) was huge for him and shows he is not just talented, but smart which makes it all the shittier that he and his talents were wasted at Tech

he has a lot of great years left in him he will be fun to watch and he can get major wins even when he is not on the 100% best team on the field

I understand he’s about to give Tech millions for their new facility.

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Hard to say. The game now barely resembles what it was with Montana. It’s the main reason Brady could play til 45. 

This. Montana got the absolute shit beat out of him in the ‘80s (all of them did) and every rule change since has benefitted offenses. Not saying it’s a bad thing necessarily, but it’s a different game now. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I understand he’s about to give Tech millions for their new facility.

Patrick Mahomes or Kliff?.....if Kliff does I would think more of him than just a money grubbing idiot......if PH does that just goes to show what a good person he is and he understands what was up when he was there

Edited by ButtFumble

1 hour ago, ButtFumble said:

Patrick Mahomes or Kliff?.....if Kliff does I would think more of him than just a money grubbing idiot......if PH does that just goes to show what a good person he is and he understands what was up when he was there

Mahomes. He loves that place.

• Hook 'Em 1