2023 Big 12 Tournament - Kansas City (March 8-11)

Js1

Can someone please explain to me the osu pullovers that say “poke sole”
Specifically the spelling of sole. 
I think it's referring to the one basket they've made halfway through the second half. Their sole basket, if you will.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Can someone please explain to me the osu pullovers that say “poke sole”

Specifically the spelling of sole. 

Poke is a fish and rice dish. Sole is a popular type of whitefish.

Glad I could help. 

3 minutes ago, royiv said:

Hope you didn't take K-State.

I would never in a million years put money on a game in a conference tournament. 

I thought the Lampkin/Dixon thing was a bigger deal. It appears that the issues are on Lampkin's end. 

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I would never in a million years put money on a game in a conference tournament. 

I thought the Lampkin/Dixon thing was a bigger deal. It appears that the issues are on Lampkin's end. 

Yeah, that's a really weird story. Lampkin seems to be a good guy. I hope he's okay. He's gone through some bad stuff this past year.

A 5/6 matchup for the title tomorrow seems highly likely. ISU does well in KC and KU has nothing to play for/ISU played them so close both times this year. Texas is without Allen against TCU

Would actually be fitting that the 5th and 6th best teams end up playing for the tournament title 

46 minutes ago, Js1 said:

A 5/6 matchup for the title tomorrow seems highly likely. ISU does well in KC and KU has nothing to play for/ISU played them so close both times this year. Texas is without Allen against TCU

Would actually be fitting that the 5th and 6th best teams end up playing for the tournament title 

One of our two games against KU was a straight up woodshed beating.  Of course that was in Hilton, and this will be a 50/50 crowd.  Obviously I'm biased, but after UNC/Duke in the ACC tournament, I don't think there's a better basketball environment in the whole country than when ISU and KU meet in the Big 12 tournament.  The arena is split.  The whole scene outside leading up to the game is a massive split party, and while it's not a rivalry in the even, traditional, "we're both blue bloods" kind of sense, these schools have been playing each for 100 years and these fanbases don't like each other much.

I'm not sure who I'd rather play out of the Texas/TCU pairing.  Both teams are tough as nails at full strength, but neither team is at full strength.

21 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

baylor is just a hard team to figure out what to expect... depending on their draw, will they make Sweet 16 ???

They aren't difficult to figure out. Keyonte George is a losing player and I guess Baylor is still playing him 25+ minutes a game because he was promised that in recruiting. 

They won 2 straight without George and then started losing again right when he came back. 

In the last 4 games where George has played 25+ minutes Baylor is 0-4. In games where he hasn't played big minutes they're 2-0. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed