2023 Houston Mayoral Race

tx 3 putt

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I don’t think his hate is fake, his good ol boy shit certainly is.  He’s got an Indian wife/beard, and black kids so rather confusing on his race issues he suffocates in.  

he gets paid to play a part on the radio 

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Lot of Harris County R’s going to be voting in the Dem primary to save Ogg 

If Ogg makes it out of the primary, I’m going to have to think long and hard about voting for the Republican in the general just to get her out of office.

3 hours ago, royiv said:

If Ogg makes it out of the primary, I’m going to have to think long and hard about voting for the Republican in the general just to get her out of office.

Hopefully we can tank her in the primary 

On 2/13/2024 at 3:49 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Like Whitmire or not, he's getting the trash service to operate on their stated schedule. Today's recycling was picked up correctly on the schedule for the first time in a couple years.

Let’s not go sucking each others’ dicks just yet. My recycling was still a day late and my heavy trash is currently 6 days late and counting. 

• Haha 2

Fox26 leaked a poll result that shows Teare leading 59-21 over Ogg

They deleted it because the poll hasn't been published yet.  I think it's Hobby Center/Rice, because a friend of mine was a respondent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hooper is a UT grad.   I was tangentially friends with her back in college.  On FB she lets her looniness show and has been very, very quiet for the past few weeks.   

Should be an interesting 2024 in Houston.

On 2/20/2024 at 10:46 AM, tx 3 putt said:

I knew Teare growing up back in Beaumont. He was classmates with my older brother before he moved to Houston for high school. Crazy to think that a guy who used to spent the night at my childhood home will likely be the DA of the biggest city in Texas. 

Edited by Storm the Field

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2024 at 3:49 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Like Whitmire or not, he's getting the trash service to operate on their stated schedule. Today's recycling was picked up correctly on the schedule for the first time in a couple years.

We didn't get a recycling pickup for 30 days after Whitmire was inaugurated lol

I swear Whitmire has fucked up the syncing of the downtown traffic lights. For a couple of weeks now, every time I leave work I catch a red at literally every intersection until I can get out of downtown. Yes I’m blaming this on him, I’m sure he did it himself just to piss me off.

33 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I swear Whitmire has fucked up the syncing of the downtown traffic lights. For a couple of weeks now, every time I leave work I catch a red at literally every intersection until I can get out of downtown. Yes I’m blaming this on him, I’m sure he did it himself just to piss me off.

I pick up the sarcasm,  ur this 100% is a complaint some MAGA loon would claim biden did to them. 

On 3/5/2024 at 11:43 AM, gmr548 said:

We didn't get a recycling pickup for 30 days after Whitmire was inaugurated lol

Same but that cold snap fucked up the schedule. Cancelled scheduled service for the week so we just got skipped until 2 weeks later. 

• 1 month later...

So Whitmire is refusing to meet with Harris County Commissioner Lina Hidalgo despite repeated requests by her.  His spokesman says he will meet with her when the time is right.  I guess 40 days from hurricane season isn’t right.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with him being petty for her endorsing SJL (I think that was a mistake on her part) or him being a closet Republican.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

So Whitmire is refusing to meet with Harris County Commissioner Lina Hidalgo despite repeated requests by her.  His spokesman says he will meet with her when the time is right.  I guess 40 days from hurricane season isn’t right.  I’m sure it has nothing to do with him being petty for her endorsing SJL (I think that was a mistake on her part) or him being a closet Republican.

he’s following Abbott’s instructions 

• Hook 'Em 2

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

23 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I guess 40 days from hurricane season isn’t right. 

By 40 days you mean in a few weeks, right?  Because some are predicting it will kick in earlier this year,

12 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Calling him a Republican is the dumbest thing this board does beside waste space about DC statehood.

Paxton and Abbott are doing everything they can to micromanage Harris County/Houston. Yes, he maybe pissed at her endorsing SJL but he needs to realize she’s not the enemy and should be working with her against Paxton and Abbott.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Eating the trash is a reference to playing up old disagreements, not the actual trash service, but glad to hear Houston is getting better. It’s old, it’s forgotten about, people are being petty. Calling him a Republican is the dumbest thing this board does beside waste space about DC statehood.

have you visited the recruiting board?