2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

31 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Same old bitches back in the thread after a close loss.   Astros are 7 of last 10 and just took 2 of 3 from the team with the best record in the AL.  Singleton did the same thing in his 9th inning AB as Yordan did and reached base the same number of times as Yordan today.  It's baseball.

Get some perspective, dumbasses. 

Yeah we should be happy about losing winnable games because we have people on our roster who shouldn’t even be there. Yes even the best make outs like Yordan. The problem is not the out or the loss. It’s that nothing was done to get batters with real major league at bats and experience to be up there instead of Singleton. Everybody is free to raise your Pom poms and cheer the good effort. Winning 7 of 10 doesn’t do much when the team your chasing wins 9-10. I’m just pointing out the absurdity of a team with real championship talent and expectations putting those expectations in the hands of people who don’t belong. There were other options no matter what we were told. And I’ll bitch if I want! 😆 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Yeah we should be happy about losing winnable games because we have people on our roster who shouldn’t even be there. Yes even the best make outs like Yordan. The problem is not the out or the loss. It’s that nothing was done to get batters with real major league at bats and experience to be up there instead of Singleton. Everybody is free to raise your Pom poms and cheer the good effort. Winning 7 of 10 doesn’t do much when the team your chasing wins 9-10. I’m just pointing out the absurdity of a team with real championship talent and expectations putting those expectations in the hands of people who don’t belong. There were other options no matter what we were told. And I’ll bitch if I want! 😆 

The process that this team uses, on the field level, really really sucks.  It's pretty much guaranteed when the process is "use your gut".  Some people have little problem with it and some people it's like an ear worm that drives them crazy and gradually makes them insane to the point you sob in the corner while holding yourself and rocking and muttering, why doesn't diaz play?  Why does JV need a personal CF?  Why do our two worst OBP guys lead off all the time?  Why god, why?  IT makes no sense, make it stop.  

Others are like- dude- we have won 4 pennants in a row, what's the problem man, chill out.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

Tony Gwynn is 0-3 today and so is Singleton. Who do we want up at the plate with bases loaded? 

On 8/2/2023 at 4:36 PM, Harrison Stafford said:

Was at the no hitter in the summer of ‘67 w/Don Wilson on the mound (yes, I’m old).    It was the first no hitter in the Astrodome.  And fuck Mike Fiers.

Meant to add that Wilson struck out 15 Atlanta Braves in that game including Hank Aaron who was the last batter he faced.  I realize this is a non sequitur, but I’m old and have to share stuff when I think of it.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Dubon back as JV's personal CF

Abreu getting an extra day off

Diaz in at DH

no Chaz, still bruised knee or Dusty affect?

some good stuff, still got Maldy though, ugh

Blum said Chas looked just fine in the cage. Sitting your GG CF and your all star hitting CF for your shitty offensive low range CF based upon arms strength is chefs kiss stupid and should be a fire in the spot offense. 
I almost wish JV wasn’t back if this is the price we have to pay. Everyone bitched about not scoring enough runs for JV. This is the reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/10/2023 at 3:13 PM, kevwun said:

Brown probably shouldn't have started the 7th.  He absolutely should have been pulled after the first batter reached because there were was no way he was going to be able to finish the inning.

jv is going to sit with brown and go over his last inning. you have to be smarter, the longer you’re in a game 

Edited by tx 3 putt