2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

So just because I don't know how to mod and it's a question for me - do Rangers fans not come in this thread and visa versa? Then a 3rd thread for cross/shit talk post game/between games?

I just want to make sure I mod reports right when I get them and/or move shit the right way.

No.  we don't go in their thread and they don't come over here.

Usually it's fuckstick noobs or trolls who do that shit.

Just now, Gut Wagon said:

That was a pretty embarrassing display. A bunch of guys crapped their britches tonight. 

Lotsa homerun swings.   It gets fucking old.

It's bullshit to waste a game in which the Rangers scored 2 runs.  Our pen was lights out with Neris and Abreu.  Nobody can fucking hit for Houston at MMP.

All of the big guns disappeared.  It's stupid.

Just now, slorch said:

Lotsa homerun swings.   It gets fucking old.

It's bullshit to waste a game in which the Rangers scored 2 runs.  Our pen was lights out with Neris and Abreu.  Nobody can fucking hit for Houston at MMP.

All of the big guns disappeared.  It's stupid.

Isn't the Astros specific issue hitting at MMP against lefties?

12 minutes ago, immamac said:

So just because I don't know how to mod and it's a question for me - do Rangers fans not come in this thread and visa versa? Then a 3rd thread for cross/shit talk post game/between games?

I just want to make sure I mod reports right when I get them and/or move shit the right way.

Don’t mod it.  It’s an unofficial etiquette that season threads are for the team’s fans.  But it’s an informal thing that most people respect, which is cool.  Stops being cool if you mod it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

They had one more baserunner than we did. 

Both teams were 1 for 3 with RISP. Would have been dumb to have sent Chas on Peña’s single ahead of Maldy but just a  crippling strikeout in the 4th in hindsight.

But I’m sure we’ll hear about how he was 3 for 4 with 3 XBP off of Montgomery coming in to this game.  Well, now he’s 3 for 5.

5 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

They had one more baserunner than we did. 

Both teams were 1 for 3 with RISP. Would have been dumb to have sent Chas on Peña’s single ahead of Maldy but just a  crippling strikeout in the 4th in hindsight.

But I’m sure we’ll hear about how he was 3 for 4 with 3 XBP off of Montgomery coming in to this game.  Well, now he’s 3 for 5.

Zero clutch 

1 minute ago, tx 3 putt said:

Yordan ended 4 of the 9 innings 

fuck me 

Yep.  Hard to bitch about Maldy when Yordan has a night like that.   Looking at you, too, Tuck.  

Tonight was far from ideal, but it ain’t the end of the world.   Remember how shitty it felt after G3 against the Red Sox in ‘21?  Or after G3 against the Phillies last year?   This team can turn the tables quickly.   

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

That was a pretty embarrassing display. A bunch of guys crapped their britches tonight. 

Agreed - yet we still hit the ball hard several innings and had two outs that missed being HRs by a matter of a few feet. These guys will be fine. Although I’d be lying if I said Eovaldi doesn’t scare me. Gotta make him uncomfortable early tomorrow. Top of the lineup needs to wake up (aforementioned Bregman near miss notwithstanding). 

24 minutes ago, Mez2 said:

Not embarrassing, but frustrating. 

The game is the game, I will not bang some maze tonight. 

What was embarrassing was letting the worst hitter in the postseason come to bat with the bases loaded and 2 outs. The game pretty much ended there...

Edited by Pimphand

Also I know we like to attack but would like to see us grind out some ABs tomorrow. Make the P throw 6-9 pitches a batter, or draw it out as long as possible. Seems like we had too many innings were we'd have 2 pitches and already 5 outs. Slow the game down. Grind out the ABs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mez2 said:

Also I know we like to attack but would like to see us grind out some ABs tomorrow. Make the P throw 6-9 pitches a batter, or draw it out as long as possible. Seems like we had too many innings were we'd have 2 pitches and already 5 outs. Slow the game down. Grind out the ABs. 

Tuck & Chaz on back to back at bats swinging at the first bullshit pitch suuuuucked

I don’t doubt Altuve missed the bag on the DP because his base running blunders speak for themselves.  But why did they only show the camera shot from home plate?  Every close play on a steal of second has views from all around the base zoomed in where you can see every speck of dirt.  Yet this one only one view from a different area code.