2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I think the Rangers crush either NL team. 

I really don’t think they are that good, at least compared to the last few WS champs.  Every time I take a look at their stats on baseball reference I think “THIS team is beating us?!?!”  Pretty much everyone is playing better than they did in the regular season.  

Of course a fucking front runner like Smoltz is anointing them the next dynasty here in the 8th inning.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LCHorn said:

I really don’t think they are that good, at least compared to the last few WS champs.  Every time I take a look at their stats on baseball reference I think “THIS team is beating us?!?!”  Pretty much everyone is playing better than they did in the regular season.  

Of course a fucking front runner like Smoltz is anointing them the next dynasty here in the 8th inning.  

Smoltz' hate for the Astros is ridiculous.

Just now, TexArcher said:

I mean, that's an ejection, right?

Should be.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

They will have the better manager, they hit a ton, and they haven't lost on the road in the postseason.

They are going to be a tough out.

Dusty needs to retire. If he insists on continuing to manage at 75, let some rebuilding or not-even-trying team have him take the reins. I want somebody born after the dawn of color TV filling out lineup cards for the Astros.

Maldy needs to retire. Not a team on earth that needs a 37-year old 0.2 WAR catcher with .190 average and the mobility of an arthritic sloth.

Brantley needs to retire. Love ya, Uncle Mike, but he'll turn 37 early next season and is washed. Also, pretty clear Meyers is not going to take up a major step forward and be an everyday starter for us. Dubon is a quality bench guy, but that's it. Sign/trade a legit starting OF.

Garcia won't be back for a long while. You can't count on LMJ being ready or staying healthy next year. France overperformed and is probably not a legit MLB starter. Brown is a work in progress. We need 1-2 more real starters in the rotation.

Hope and pray that Pena can recover from this horrendous power slump and that Tucker's abysmal post-season was a fluke. 

Wrap Altuve and Alvarez in protective bubble wrap until Opening Day.

Edited by Storm the Field
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1