2023 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

'Member when Wulaw said Altuve hadn't caught Biggio and Bagwell yet.

I 'member.

Bagwell and Biggio are bitch in the HOF. Altuve would not be if his career ended today. He has a couple more years of work to do. I absolutely expect he will get there. 

all time offensive WAR leaders for astros  - it gets worse for Jose when factoring in actual war  he’s 72% of the way there  I don’t think he has to pass those two in total counting numbers but he’s got to be closer than 30%, to me, to be considered the all time Astros greatest  it’s ok to disagree, but I don’t have some sort of odd or off the wall sentiment with this  I hope (think) by the time his career is over it will be a universal acclimation  

1. Craig Biggio 76.2
2. Jeff Bagwell 74.8
3. Jose Altuve 55.1
4. Lance Berkman 48.6
5. Cesar Cedeno 48.3
6. Jim Wynn 45.7
7. Jose Cruz 41.0
8. Joe Morgan 34.5
9. Alex Bregman 32.7
10. Bill Doran 29.1
  Bob Watson
Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Bagwell and Biggio are bitch in the HOF. Altuve would not be if his career ended today. He has a couple more years of work to do. I absolutely expect he will get there. 

Only thing he has a couple of is a couple more World Series. He’s the best ever already, I don’t care about the other stuff. He is just unfuckingbelievable, I literally love Jose Altuve. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Planet Houston said:

Only thing he has a couple of is a couple more World Series. He’s the best ever already, I don’t care about the other stuff. He is just unfuckingbelievable, I literally love Jose Altuve. 

I do too man. I also loved Biggio and really liked Bagwell. They are all different and all awesome. 
I’ve typed I literally love Jose Altuve 5 times in the last 8 innings. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 2

14 minutes ago, rvm96 said:

Melton with a quality bat flip

The sunset at the stadium is amazing. Not a better AA ball field in the game.

AAAANNNNDDD it's going to be even better whenever TxDOT can figure a way to complete the new bridge.

Edited by Dnaguy
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I was going to argue this but just looked up his ranking on JAWS and now I agree with you.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dnaguy said:

The sunset at the stadium is amazing. Not a better AA ball field in the game.

AAAANNNNDDD it's going to be even better whenever TxDOT can figure a way to complete the new bridge.

I love that field, I’ve been to hs, college and of course AA games there. You haven’t lived until you’re at a south Texas hs game at Whataburger field, standing room only. 

the life ricky GIF

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LCHorn said:

I was going to argue this but just looked up his ranking on JAWS and now I agree with you.  

What actually shocked me in a not good for Altuve case kind of way is his 7 peak seasons only has him as something like 15th or 20th best second baseman of all time. I’d have though his best 7 seasons would be top 10 type.