2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

2 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

So, while having my coffee this morning around 8 am, I'm thinking "what time do the Angels play?"

Oh, now? 8 fucking AM and the game is already on.

Yeah, that 1 hour rain delay sucked

"pitchers shouldn't face the lineup a third time" is a self fulfilling prophecy. i watch all of these SP's who are 25 and under (and plenty who are older as well), and not only do they all usually get pulled before finishing 6 innings, they usually can't handle anything more than ~5.1 IP and/or 85 pitches. they just suddenly fall apart and can't throw strikes for shit, or if they do throw a strike it's a BP fastball/hanging breaker. we have over coached and over thought this sport into oblivion.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Anthony Rendon is actually starting to pull his fucking weight.   There's been a huge hole behind Shohei and Trout, and he seems to be coming alive.  

40 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

"pitchers shouldn't face the lineup a third time" is a self fulfilling prophecy. i watch all of these SP's who are 25 and under (and plenty who are older as well), and not only do they all usually get pulled before finishing 6 innings, they usually can't handle anything more than ~5.1 IP and/or 85 pitches. they just suddenly fall apart and can't throw strikes for shit, or if they do throw a strike it's a BP fastball/hanging breaker. we have over coached and over thought this sport into oblivion.

guys used to go the distance in a 4 man rotation.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Same thing happened on a shitty throw from DJLM to Rizzo last night. Blue banged the out call while ball was bouncing around. 

Literally one of the very first things I remember being taught when I started umpiring was "Do not call an out on a tag play unless you see the ball in possession."

39 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Literally one of the very first things I remember being taught when I started umpiring was "Do not call an out on a tag play unless you see the ball in possession."

How can you see the ball when it's in the glove?