2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

1 hour ago, Gil Bang said:

He is the singular most unique and dynamic baseball player in the history of the sport and yet he plays for a team that cares about winning like the Mets care about who they overspend on. It has been cool to see him a few times at Yankee Stadium. I saw him for the first time in 2018 when he went against his fellow countryman Masahiro Tanaka. That was a pretty cool day and matchup to watch. I think Tanaka had not given up a hit to him at that point in Japan before they both came over to the states.

Edited by UpperWestside

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I know Gil Bang's Ohtani updates are kind of annoying but that's really just because we're watching some historic and absurd shit from him. I'm just gonna appreciate it as long as it lasts.

Thank you.  

I'll stipulate to being annoying. But I'm not derka yapping about Rick Barnes. I'm yapping about history unfolding before our eyes.   A once-in-a-lifetime talent that we should all go see up close.

• Hook 'Em 2

31 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Thank you.  

I'll stipulate to being annoying. But I'm not derka yapping about Rick Barnes. I'm yapping about history unfolding before our eyes.   A once-in-a-lifetime talent that we should all go see up close.

There’s nothing annoying about you posting updates about Ohtani, not even close. If anything post about him more. I would enjoy getting to see him play more often in-person. 

36 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Thank you.  

It is pretty annoying though. I wasn’t in here giving judge updates last year everytime he homered. No one cares that Ohtani went 1-4 with a homer in a 6-1 loss to the twins or that he threw 5.2 innings with 6 strikeouts. I just scroll right past most of your posts now, you do so many that they lose effect. 

I’ll tell my grandchildren where I was when Ohtani called off the infield to catch a pop up. 

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

I know Gil Bang's Ohtani updates are kind of annoying but that's really just because we're watching some historic and absurd shit from him. I'm just gonna appreciate it as long as it lasts.

The Angels are a .500 team without him.

5 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

There’s nothing annoying about you posting updates about Ohtani, not even close. If anything post about him more. I would enjoy getting to see him play more often in-person. 

2nded

Just now, UTexasFight said:

Ummmm

records by month:

Mar/Apr: 15-14

May: 15-13

June: 14-13

My point exactly.  i mean, it was mostly tongue-in-cheek, but wasting Superman A and Superman B is an LAA special talent.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Bichette hosed easily at home by Verdugo as tying run for ballgame. 

Sorry for the "back in my day" post, but Dante Bichette, when he was with the Angels, had the best arm I've ever seen in person.  Just amazing.  But, he had shortcomings as a player that his son doesn't seem to have.  The kid is already better than the dad ever was.

Edited by Gil Bang
  • Hook 'Em 1

no matter how many times organizations try (and fail) to win titles by giving exorbitant contracts to loads of star players who are past their prime and nearing/on the wrong side of 30, there will always be more owners ready to go ahead try it themselves, as if *this time* it's going to suddenly work. 

• Like 1