2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

I may have posted about this before, but for the second time this year I listened to the Yankees radio broadcast on satellite radio tonight.

First off all, lol @ the ass kicking.

But, mother fuck that radio pxp guy is so terrible. Susan the color announcer isn't great either but she's Vin Scully compared to this Dave South-esque piece of shit.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

WHAT THE HELL IS EVEN THAT

I saw a couple of the posts on here about him then I open up ESPN this morning and the first highlight is "de la Cruz steals 2nd 3rd then home"

And that's without mentioning the 2 out go ahead RBI that got him on base.

Looks like he had 47 bags in AA last season then had a 1.000 OPS in AAA this year before being called up. 

Always fun when guys have those meteoric rises out of nowhere. 

He's good.  What's the early word on where he might break off to for free agency?

Anyway, been off the grid  for the most part for the last ~2 weeks and didn't see the all-star rosters until last night when I got back home.  Very excited to see Bryce Elder on the NL pitching staff.  Then I saw another roster with the 'updates', apparently he has opted not to play.  The fucking blows.  Anybody know why?  Been awhile since we've seen a Longhorn at the Break.  

44 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

He's good.  What's the early word on where he might break off to for free agency?

Anyway, been off the grid  for the most part for the last ~2 weeks and didn't see the all-star rosters until last night when I got back home.  Very excited to see Bryce Elder on the NL pitching staff.  Then I saw another roster with the 'updates', apparently he has opted not to play.  The fucking blows.  Anybody know why?  Been awhile since we've seen a Longhorn at the Break.  

Probably because he pitched on the last day before the break and got lit up.

On 7/9/2023 at 10:44 PM, tx 3 putt said:

We laugh but the fact is the last Yankees dynasty arose during George's employment. Yankees would then win their first division, league, and WS titles in 15 years after hiring George. Helped build such a machine they would go on to win 4 of the next 5 WS.