2023 MLB thread

shadow_operative2.0

That’s an underhanded FU to Hal & Cashman for constructing one of the worst rosters in the majors while spending a fuck ton of money. The Astros are one of the top spenders in the league as well but they don’t have as much money locked in to aging injured unproductive players like the Yankees do. He doesn’t actually mean the Astros are a threat in October, everyone knows that’s Tampa and Atlanta. He’s just making a hidden message to Yankees FO

4 hours ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

Are they really having this big of money problems up in the Bronx? 

Never heard of Starr Insurance. But there’s only 4 counties in the RGV and one of them is named Starr County. You look me in the eye and tell me that’s coincidence. More proof I was always destined to be a Yankee fan.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Never heard of Starr Insurance. But there’s only 4 counties in the RGV and one of them is named Starr County. You look me in the eye and tell me that’s coincidence. More proof I was always destined to be a Yankee fan.

Don't think they are in any way related but have actually been all the way across Starr County before. Grandparents wintered in Mission and theres a picture of me as a kid in the 90's with one foot in Mexico and one foot in the USA on top of Falcon Dam. Prob would have been thrown in the Border Patrol Gulag had I tried that today.

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

This star would be a more appropriate for both the Yankees and your connection to them. 

IMG_1368.gif

• Haha 3

On 7/11/2023 at 10:45 AM, MuellerHorn said:

The AL East is just brutal.

Yanks dropped into a tie with the Sawks for last today.  It feels like I've been waiting my whole life for a season where both miss the playoffs.  It's actually been since '93.

14 minutes ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Many years ago I was coaching a Little League game when we saw a storm coming in. We rushed to put the tarp on but the storm hit before we got it on and staked. The 50 mph wind gusts picked that thing up like a kite and slammed it into the backstop and fencing . We had to dig out about 15 kids that were underneath or pinned against the fence. Fun times. 

Edited by TonyTexas
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

i just heard that the yankees are now in sole possession of last place in the AL East for the first time since 1990. wow. 

If that isn’t a testament to excellence I don’t know what is. Wish hal and cash understood the history they’ve shat upon.

All I know is that it never fails... the Giants play outside the Pacific time zone, I still end up having to stay up past 11pm watching the fucking game.

Giants broadcast just said the 4 games in one day with two double digit runs scored has only happened three times in history, the other two in 1894.

Edited by TornACL
  • Hook 'Em 1