45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

3 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Have you actually ever read how Hitler came to power?  He didn't just roll up in a tank one day.

If it doesn't arrive from an email newsletter, he doesn't read it, and his newsletters probably aren't very honest about the history of 1910s-1940s German history.

Edited by safe sex
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

Finally, I expect there’s a whole bunch of conservative news listening voters who may not have heard the totality of the allegations against Trump. They are about to have their face smashed into news of banging stormy Daniels while his child was being born - and they will learn about the involvement of Trump in the matter via internal documents, and will get to see video of Trump lying about it all continually in his news conferences and on Twitter.

Assuming NewsMax actually reports any of this.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

You all seem to want something other than democracy to decide his fate.  if we reelect Trump, we all deserve to lose our country. Being the first president ever to sit in a criminal trial after holding office (while running in an election) is unheard of. I get you think it will not matter. So I say, again, if the criminal trial is not enough to defeat Trump in an election, then we had a nice run and we do not deserve nice things like a democracy.

This is correct. Hitler served time... and then the Germans elected him anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3

38 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Equating Trump with Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini in a rational and sane society should be a joke. But I get the sense that you are serious.

It should be. You're right about that. It absolutely should be.

But when the guy is literally saying these things, literally saying that he wants to become a dictator and end democracy? It's not a joke. You either see that this time it's actually happening, or become History's next great lesson.

I don't think Trump has to die. In fact, Trump dying won't necessarily help. Trump's CULT has to die. And that can happen while he's still very much alive; events just have to continue to show, irrevocably, who he really is, vs who people have made him to be.

The Romans killed Jesus and it did nothing to end people's worship of him.

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Alright, I'm out and at the end of the day I don't care if you guys have your thread to fantasize and fervantly wish for a politicians death, I just didn't think it very healthy. I regret inserting myself into the bloodlust orgy and will see myself out.

You're correct.  Wishing death upon most elected politicians is twisted and non-Christian, particularly as we arrive upon this time of the Easter season.  Lucky for us though, he's no longer a politician.  He doesn't hold office, he clings to a non-existent job, is a horrific father and husband, and on his way out.  He, to your other point, has not visited genocide to 6mm Jews.  He has not caused the death of 20mm fellow Soviets.  In those regards, he is just aces.  Back to back.  He was never going to serve prison time.  I guess he'll have to cough up some gifted money here and there for civil trials.  But he'll never see in the side of a jail cell.  That was never the intent.  You have an obese, near 80-year old failure running around the country between court hearings, trials, fundraisers, grifts, UFC appearances, campaign appearances, maybe debates, media spots, and stumping.  The idea isn't that he'll run short of money or voters.  This is a coordinated effort to make sure he dies, and rather soon.  He thinks he is invincible.  Which is precisely this plan will work.  His body will betray him, not the American people.  He will be be run ragged and will self-destruct.  It's not bloodlust.  We are merely fixing it so that a demented man falls ill and goes to sleep.  And if this schedule doesn't do it.  The defeat in November will.  And it that doesn't do it.  There's only one catering company at Mar-a-Lago.  And then we gotta deal with the fallout, the upset deniers who will number about 25mm.  That number will either believe that he is operating a government in exile or was taken out by the Deep State/Swamp.  Now you're smart enough to know better and you're also enough to know this group will eventually reveal themselves out of sheer idiocy.  That's where I come in.  Because the stupids always come out of the woodwork and I squash them.  And then those that are upset rise up and squash them.  And rinse and repeat.  Because that's all I know, beating down bad people.  And spoiler alert---I always win.  Not because I'm a good guy or a smart guy, but because I don't fucking care.  MAGA is just the latest and most fashionable trend.  I've seen it for 1000 years.  I keep fixing it so they all die and then when the next fad lifts its ugly head, I'll hand it off the next guy or gal.  And around and around we go.  We've  been fixing and cleaning for millennia.  And we don't take coffee breaks.  

• Hook 'Em 2

29 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

How about people see the obvious warning signs, and are upset to try and prevent things here from getting to the point where someone has the power to start killing swaths of people? Deporitng people en mass, pulling out of NATO, etc. All thigns that he has said he intends to do. 

I'm just quoting this for truth.

He has said what he's going to do. His plan is Hitler's plan. Getting the word out and defeating him in November, and again in 2028, and again and again and again, is the only way to win. Court cases won't end this. DEATH won't prevent this. Just the hard work of winning people over.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Satchel said:

Balsonaro is running, trying to escape capture by Brazilian authorities. Sought refuge in the Hungarian embassy. They’re after ass. Now, let’s do Trump:

To share this content, please use the link https://brazilian.report/liveblog/politics-insider/2024/03/25/bolsonaro-hungarian-embassy-new-york-times/ or the tools offered on the page.

So this dickwad is on the run and we’ve got the orange goo turd freely roaming the streets. Sounds about right. 

56 minutes ago, BeardIP said:

Alright, I'm out and at the end of the day I don't care if you guys have your thread to fantasize and fervantly wish for a politicians death, I just didn't think it very healthy. I regret inserting myself into the bloodlust orgy and will see myself out.

Good.  Don't come back.  Your virtue signaling is weak and easy to see through.  I don't have to be nice or civilized when the situation calls for survival.

I only wish for someone's death when they pose a threat to me or my family or our democracy.  Trump falls into that category. 

As for your bloodlust orgy comment, if Trump were convicted of treason and scheduled to be executed and they sold lottery tickets for the rights to throw the switch, I'd buy a few.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

I don’t want him to die because he can’t be beaten any other way. I want him to be beaten the old fashioned way. Losing by another 6 million votes in November is a good place to start. Then he can die a lonely old broke loser as God intended.

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, tbone_ said:

I don’t want him to die because he can’t be beaten any other way. I want him to be beaten the old fashioned way. Losing by another 6 million votes in November is a good place to start. Then he can die a lonely old broke loser as God intended.

I'll take the W any way we can get it.  Fucking civilization is literally at stake.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

This thread has turned perverse and macbre with all the legitimate death wish talk. The fact that politicians rile people up in our society today so much, as a political laymen, that is scarier than any politician, policy or political outcome IMO.

Could you guys imagine if there was a thread about how people wish every day that Kamala Harris wakes up dead, choked on a KFC chicken wing, and that they are legitimately just wishing her death? You people would be outraged.

You the type that thinks thoughts and prayers are effective, aren't you?   Well bless your heart.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BeardIP said:

Equating Trump with Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini in a rational and sane society should be a joke. But I get the sense that you are serious.

Yeah, he's nowhere near as competent a dictator as the other three.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

.  Or hell, do this -- take a visit here, the German History Museum in Berlin:

1_zeughaus_aussen_neue_fahnen.jpg?itok=6

This is the most powerful and terrifying museum I’ve been to. I went there in Aug 2016 in the lead up to the 2016 election. Everyone should visit Berlin. It has reminders of the results of authoritarianism all over the place.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, to get back to your original oh-so-concerned point....you are goddamned right I wish that he would die, right now, this very second. 

My answer to that is: Be careful what you wish for. If he were to fall, he would become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

The Romans thought they could kill off a cult by killing Jesus... You may snicker, but Trump has replaced Jesus in churches throughout the country as their true Messiah, even if they won't say that quiet part out loud quite yet.

You won't kill the cult off simply by him dying.

Heck, look how many years it took for Elvis sightings to wane. Elvis was being spotted and worshiped for a good 10-15 years after his death. Wouldn't have happened if he'd just been an old, fat druggie for the next ten years instead. THEN you'd have had people talking about how much he sucked, although he had been pretty good once.

Y'all really don't want Trump to die. Y'all want him to lose.

Lose, lose, and keep losing more and more, until his name has become as synonymous with losing as Rimbo has become with Greg Davis Defenders. He won't have a cult, because nobody wants to join the Cult of Loser.

Jail won't end him. Death won't end him. Losing will. Losing court cases. Losing his marbles. Losing the election. Dragging the GOP down with him.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

trump has said he will suspend the Constitution, round up, encamp, and deport minorities, and that he wants Americans to obey him like the Norks do Un.  The motherfucker has TOLD us he wants to be a dictator.  He hasn't racked up their body count but if he gets power again, it'll only be a matter of time.  It's scary Americans don't see the danger this cunt poses to our Republic.  

So as far as trump goes, Dope sang it best:

Just go
Die motherfucker die motherfucker die

he hasn't racked up a body count? you don't count the millions of COVID deaths that happened because he was more concerned about his re-election chances than a global pandemic?

• Hook 'Em 5

16 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

My answer to that is: Be careful what you wish for. If he were to fall, he would become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

The Romans thought they could kill off a cult by killing Jesus... You may snicker, but Trump has replaced Jesus in churches throughout the country as their true Messiah, even if they won't say that quiet part out loud quite yet.

Heck, look how many years it took for Elvis sightings to wane. Elvis was being spotted and worshiped for a good 10-15 years after his death. Wouldn't have happened if he'd just been an old, fat druggie for the next ten years instead. THEN you'd have had people talking about how much he sucked, although he had been pretty good once.

Lose, lose, and keep losing more and more, until his name has become as synonymous with losing as Rimbo has become with Greg Davis Defenders. He won't have a cult, because nobody wants to join the Cult of Loser.

Jail won't end him. Death won't end him. Losing will. Losing court cases. Losing his marbles. Losing the election. Dragging the GOP down with him.

I want him to lose, THEN die.  I mean, if we're wishcasting.

But the stakes are too fucking high for me to hold out for the BEST case scenario.  I'll take any W I can get at this point.  We have danced too close to the flame for way too long, the irrevocable and irreparable explosion could happen at any time.  I'm sick of that fucking risk.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

he hasn't racked up a body count? you don't count the millions of COVID deaths that happened because he was more concerned about his re-election chances than a global pandemic?

No, you dummy....Bill Gates and Fauci killed all those people, because they created COVID on purpose to convince everyone to take the jab that will eventually kill everyone who got it so we can do the great reset with nothing but liberal voters (although nobody has explained to me how a vaccine that most Biden voters took....but a lot of Trumptards didn't....is a viable part of a scheme to eliminate conservatives and replace them with liberals), but anyway, GREAT RESET!  DO THE RESEARCH, LIBTARD!

This is literally what they think, or something damned close to it.  We cannot reason with these people or their leaders.  Reason only makes them mad.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Rage+1 2

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I want him to lose, THEN die.  I mean, if we're wishcasting.

But the stakes are too fucking high for me to hold out for the BEST case scenario.  I'll take any W I can get at this point.  We have danced too close to the flame for way too long, the irrevocable and irreparable explosion could happen at any time.  I'm sick of that fucking risk.

Yes, but if he dies without losing, all it takes is one person to take over for him. And THAT person will actually be smart and know what he's doing. Which would be far worse than what is happening now.

I feel your pain, man, but he has to lose and live to lose again and again to end the threat.

Yeah it sucks and we all want it to be over now, but the long, slow, drawn-out way is the only way it will work.

9 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Yes, but if he dies without losing, all it takes is one person to take over for him. And THAT person will actually be smart and know what he's doing. Which would be far worse than what is happening now.

I feel your pain, man, but he has to lose and live to lose again and again to end the threat.

Yeah it sucks and we all want it to be over now, but the long, slow, drawn-out way is the only way it will work.

The bolded is where the two things cannot happen: there is nobody capable of carrying the Trump banner and gathering the level of support DJT has.  We have watched person after person -- relatively capable politicians, at least in terms of the MAGAsphere -- try to do so.  None of them can even come close to being "Trump, with all the Trump fanatical/cultish support, but competent."

Trump has an incredible gift.  He is a genuine savant, I've never seen anything like it.  He is the greatest Idiot Whisperer of the post-WWII era, maybe of the past 100+ years.  Nobody else can come close.  Not Ron DeSantis, not MTG, not DJT jr, Eric, or Ivanka, or Huckabeef.  Nobody.  The BEST "replacement" will still lose millions upon millions of supporters, who without their god to actually see at rallies and speaking and such, will simply crawl back under the rocks whence they came.

While we certainly have much to fear from malevolent billionaires and their wholly owned simps in the GQP (looking at you, Clarence Thomas), it's not the existential threat that DJT, and only DJT, is.  We can "undo" much of the damage being done by the other variety (it still will be painful and bloody, mind you - we're too far down that road for it not to be), but that's a different level of shit.

DJT is an extinction-level threat to the Republic.  Nobody else is.

• Hook 'Em 7

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

None of them can even come close to being "Trump, with all the Trump fanatical/cultish support, but competent."

That's because he's not dead yet. It wasn't until after Jesus' death that Paul showed up, and then converted that small section into the major religion it eventually became. And he came from as far outside the cult as one could come.

The person who takes over, if Trump dies too soon, will be like that. He won't be one of the crazy followers you see right now. He'll be someone who looks like he's against Trump right now, but crafty as he is, will see the opportunity and make things happen.

And like MAGAs do with Reagan now, he just has to invoke the name to get everyone in line... and then grow it.

That's the guy I'm most afraid of right now. The guy you haven't heard of yet.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

A quality Austin FC goal....that footage is so old I'm surprised it wasn't transferred from celluloid. 

You've seen the record before after we traded the heart and soul of the team right?

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

Gag order in the Bragg case after Trump attacked the judge's family:

Oh yeah? They're restricting his ability are they? I think he's confusing Restrict with Threatening Consequences. Because unless they're cutting off his hands and sewing his mouth shut, they're not actually restricting shit. And the next consequences I see will be the first. 

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

Counterpoint, his people won't believe he lost fairly and will still support him and eventually lead to violence. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

That's because he's not dead yet. It wasn't until after Jesus' death that Paul showed up, and then converted that small section into the major religion it eventually became. And he came from as far outside the cult as one could come.

The person who takes over, if Trump dies too soon, will be like that. He won't be one of the crazy followers you see right now. He'll be someone who looks like he's against Trump right now, but crafty as he is, will see the opportunity and make things happen.

And like MAGAs do with Reagan now, he just has to invoke the name to get everyone in line... and then grow it.

I think, like Brisket notes, the brand dies with him.  And he wouldn't want it any other way.

Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Counterpoint, his people won't believe he lost fairly and will still support him and eventually lead to violence. 

I mean, they already tried that once, and the fact that most of them ended up in jail has really calmed down groups since.

Now we just have to do it again. And again. And again.

Just now, dcbc said:

I think, like Brisket says, the brand dies with him.  And he wouldn't want it any other way.

Of course HE wouldn't want it that way, it wouldn't benefit him at that point!

But it's not about what Trump wants. It's about what that crafty guy wants. Another puppet for Putin to use. And he can keep that brand going. Butter up Trump's kids with sweet words. Tell everyone that he's there to carry things on In Trump's Name.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

Fair.  Yet.....that's a risk I'm willing to take, if DJT can choke on a chicken bone right now, as we speak.

Just now, Anastasis said:

You've seen the record before after we traded the heart and soul of the team right?

SIGH.  If people want RODO to be the magician who turns the franchise into something great, it's hard reconciling that with literally his first move, one of the dumbest personnel decisions I've ever seen in a half century of following sports.

The current team doesn't have a single win in them.  Seriously, I think that the odds are that this team goes to the All-Star break without a W.  The only possible bright side is that if they are THAT bad, we might actually ditch Wolff mid-season (he's a bigger problem than people think - we had players decline on the option of signing with us because they don't want to play for him).

Trump dying and Wolff being fired on the same day would be.....

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

He already fucking lost. What makes you think a second loss will change anything?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Of course HE wouldn't want it that way, it wouldn't benefit him at that point!

But it's not about what Trump wants. It's about what that crafty guy wants. Another puppet for Putin to use. And he can keep that brand going. Butter up Trump's kids with sweet words. Tell everyone that he's there to carry things on In Trump's Name.

Trump was the perfect storm.  And enough republicans will act like they were against him all along when the next guy tries to invoke his name.  It won't get the idiots excited like Trump somehow did.  The party types and usual voters still will vote lock-step along party lines, but the fringe types that Trump brought out of the shadows aren't, if I"m right (and I hope I am) going to show up for the next guy, even if his last name happens to be Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

He already fucking lost. What makes you think a second loss will change anything?

I assume the operating theory is he won't live to run for a third time, and he will be forced to face his many trials without immunity and will go down. 

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I am more concerned with the movement than I am with him, but I will also agree that there's something uniquely terrible about him that few other politicians can replicate.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Well, for one thing, if he DOESN'T lose, we're all fucked.

But with each loss, things get worse for them, more people fall away. Y'all seem to have this notion that his current supporters will NEVER change their support, that they're so far off the deep end they'll never make their way out. But with each loss, someone else decides, "Ok that's just too much for me."

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rimbo said:

This is why I root for an early death.  It's not the optimum option, but it's the safe one.  I'll take the double instead of trying to leg it out into a triple.

2 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

But with each loss, things get worse for them, more people fall away. Y'all seem to have this notion that his current supporters will NEVER change their support, that they're so far off the deep end they'll never make their way out. But with each loss, someone else decides, "Ok that's just too much for me."

Yeah this is how I feel too. I also think a lot of his base died of COVID and/or old age.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Even that won't matter.  Nothing will help us except his death.  Which I legitimately pray for every single day.  No death in human history will be as impactful as his.

You pray for him to die…..  every day?  Like…..  you take time talking to God and ask him to kill someone?

• Fuck You 13

1 hour ago, Rimbo said:

He's the Pied Piper for morons.  Many have tried to assume his mantle (Ted Cruz, Desantis, etc) and they have failed.  The morons won't follow just anyone.

52 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Fair point, but we need to deal with the existential threat before we worry about the unknown threat.