Prayers for OU

Honeysucklerose

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

wtf is a swatting incident

Trolls who call in serious stuff to police to get them to respond to nothing. I've heard it as a way of fucking with other people, like having them respond to a particular residence, hardly heard it in this context just to mess with people. Either way, OU sucks.

wtf is a swatting incident

The term was coined to describe a situation where you called 911 from a restricted or spoofed telephone number, claimed your name was BlackLab and you were going to go all Harry Carry on a bunch of third graders in Pigsknuckle, Arkansas if you didn't get treefiddy right meow. Cops show up and kick your door in. Kill your dog if you're lucky, kill you if you're not. No shit it's happened quite a few times in recent memory that an innocent person was Swiss cheesed by the cops.

Unfortunately, it is also being used by people with nefarious intentions to test how an emergency response is to a specific threat and or just be a pain in the ass. We have had multiple active shooters called in at various schools and areas of mass gathering in my town. Some sound more credible than others, but the response has to remain the same every time. Highly annoying and equally as dangerous. Would be awesome if they could figure out a way to put a stop to this bullshit

On 4/7/2023 at 11:00 PM, atomheartbevo said:

"Take immediate action now.  Run.  Hide.  Fight!"

Well, which is it young feller?  You want I should hide or fight?  Meanin' to say, iff'n  hide, I cain't rightly fight.  And iff'n I fight, I'm gonna be exposed.

• Haha 1