Dominique's Sweater Tonight

DaysOff

15 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:
On 2/17/2024 at 8:20 AM, ztejas said:
Jala Washington of KXAN looking like a little snack this morning in some tight-fitting shiny shit.
20240217_081724.thumb.jpg.71b6e16b2b5b36396add2c1fc9789692.jpg

Jala is awesome but my God she can barely read a teleprompter. One of these days I'm afraid KXAN is going to can her for being unable to pronounce names & words for shit, but maybe they're just cool with her being so bad because how many people really care at 7AM on Saturday?

So... On the thread of hot ass news, we get one black chick... and the first response isnt about her looks, but that she's not well spoken. 

Guess what... I don't even know if Jennifer Reyna or any of these other chicks are literate. Don't care.  I didn't come here to see Michelle Obama and Oprah speak, did I?

No, I can here to see them white wimmen tiddays and a sprinkle of minorities that earned the right (and I suppose that includes Pooja, because she's 4'2" which creates some intrigue.)

This isn't NPR.

This is surly.

Edited by Slacks
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slacks said:

So... On the thread of hot ass news, we get one black chick... and the first response isnt about her looks, but that she's not well spoken. 

Guess what... I don't even know if Jennifer Reyna or any of these other chicks are literate. Don't care.  I didn't come here to see Michelle Obama and Oprah speak, did I?

No, I can here to see them white wimmen tiddays and a sprinkle of minorities that earned the right (and I suppose that includes Pooja, because she's 4'2" which creates some intrigue.)

This isn't NPR.

This is surly.

No, the first part of my response was "Jala's awesome." And she is. She's great in many ways & I watch her religiously every Sat and Sun morning. But she fucks up names on the reg (as I'm sure others do; I just don't watch them) & I hope that it's not held against her.

And I refuse to believe that over 34 pages that La Quita Culpepper has NOT been given her proper accolades. I saw her first (probably quite literally; she lived down the street in HS).

16 hours ago, Underdog said:

OT: JFC that skyline in the background. 

Been watching a bit of Way Too Early before work on weekdays and Weather person Angie Lassman has grabbed my attention... 

image.png.bdda3c5f1bf278c47495d5d14b03737b.png

658246bbb9a99d709e3bb8d2f6a938cd41b06003

• Like 1
  • Drool 3

4 hours ago, Slacks said:

This isn't NPR.

This is surly.

I actually think she's a pretty good journalist/reporter.

But it's not like anyone doing local news in Austin is particularly talented. 

23 hours ago, Slacks said:

I don't even know if Jennifer Reyna or any of these other chicks are literate.

Narrator:  She isn’t. 
Channel 2 tried her at the anchor desk a few times and she really struggled. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2024 at 10:42 AM, GhostOfTomJoad said:

No, the first part of my response was "Jala's awesome." And she is. She's great in many ways & I watch her religiously every Sat and Sun morning. But she fucks up names on the reg (as I'm sure others do; I just don't watch them) & I hope that it's not held against her.

And I refuse to believe that over 34 pages that La Quita Culpepper has NOT been given her proper accolades. I saw her first (probably quite literally; she lived down the street in HS).

Very late to this conversation.  She's a good reporter and easy on the eyes.  Was she in HS when you were in HS?  If so, you and I went to the same HS around the same time :).

43 minutes ago, Dennis Taylor said:

So Coach was right, Albania's land is mountainous 

Coach was such a brilliant character. In idle moments, to wind down, I’ve been watching Cheers on Paramount Plus. That first half of the series with Coach was very clever. 

Diane was an inferior character to Rebecca, but Coach was better than Woody. Probably because the actors themselves were superior in both cases. 
Case in point, I recently watched True Detective, first season. McConaughey acts circles around Harrelson. Harrelson just isn’t a good actor.

But he did get the scenes with the hotties in True Detective, so advantage: Woody!

• Haha 1