Texas @ Baylor: Series Thread

MuellerHorn

2 minutes ago, HuntinHorn said:

This bullpen sucks so bad. Who was the guy in here defending them yesterday when they were called shitty?

The bullpen has pretty good all year. I am not sure what is going on this weekend. This was a series we needed to sweep and we blew it.

That was 2019 level shit with all those wild pitches and whatever.

How fucking weird.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

this team is living on borrowed time.  hosting a regional gonna be tough. getting to a Super is still probably the top end for them.

That’s overachieving unless Texas gets a sweetheart host and draw. Regional final at best.

Edited by troph

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

The bullpen has pretty good all year. I am not sure what is going on this weekend. This was a series we needed to sweep and we blew it.

How fucking weird.

Truly weird shit. 
The Stuart decision however is bonkers

Just now, perfectchaos007 said:

This team knows how to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory 

I don't know if these last few games areas typical of the whole season as everybody on this board seems to think it is.

Anyway. Whatever. It was very bad. Hope we turn it aroud tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

How fucking weird.

eh. they aren't good. we feasted on shitty teams during the run.

Just now, Valmy77 said:

I don't know if these last few games areas typical of the whole season as everybody on this board seems to think it is.

Anyway. Whatever. It was very bad. Hope we turn it aroud tomorrow.

We don’t seem to have the pitchers that want to be under the lights when the game is on the line late. They clam up, lose focus, are afraid and don’t throw strikes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, troph said:

We don’t seem to have the pitchers that want to be under the lights when the game is on the line late. They clam up, lose focus, are afraid and don’t throw strikes. 

Ok but what about the games they did close out? It is not like it is typical for them to blow huge leads. Sure Zane blew that one run lead against OSU but that's not really comparable to back to back six run bottom of the 9th innings. That's crazy shit, that's not typical of anything.

I guess they did blow that lead against Kansas State but that was over several innings, not a total melt down.

But maybe the staff has regressed and we are going to see this kind of disastrous stuff on a regular basis forward. Maybe Baylor found something. I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Get em tomorrow.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Our bullpen was plenty good against plenty of good teams. Did you miss the first half of conference play?

You mean where we gave up 6 runs in the 7th/8th/9th to Tech to tie the game, and 2 runs to Tech in the 9th to tie the game and 3 runs twice in the 7th to KSU, causing us to lose one game to that shitty team.  gave up 2 in the 9th to OSU to lose one of the games, and then these 2 disasters against Baylor.

The bullpen sucks ass.  the lineup bailed them out 3 times.  doesn't mean we can't host a regional and who knows after that but the bullpen sucks.

• Hook 'Em 1

You mean where we gave up 6 runs in the 7th/8th/9th to Tech to tie the game, and 2 runs to Tech in the 9th to tie the game and 3 runs twice in the 7th to KSU, causing us to lose one game to that shitty team.  gave up 2 in the 9th to OSU to lose one of the games, and then these 2 disasters against Baylor.

The bullpen sucks ass.  the lineup bailed them out 3 times.  doesn't mean we can't host a regional and who knows after that but the bullpen sucks.

Again we are 9th in the nation in team ERA. This weekend has been horrible. For the most part we have had a great bullpen this year.

4 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I guess they did blow that lead against Kansas State but that was over several innings, not a total melt down.

But maybe the staff has regressed and we are going to see this kind of disastrous stuff on a regular basis forward. Maybe Baylor found something. I don't know. Guess we'll find out.

Get em tomorrow.

they blew leads against Tech also, twice.   can they get better? yes.  right now they suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

Host a regional? Let's just win this series, ok?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1