2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Redshirts are no longer impacted by conference title games or bowl games. Not arguing anything else, but redshirt or not, wouldn’t have mattered for OU in terms of deciding whether or not to play Arnold. 

Lebby managed the QB room about as poorly as one could.

they had to burn his RS in the BYU game when Gabriel had his "concussion" to end the first half because they played him vs SMU and ISU for some wild reason (no attempted passes in either game)

image.png.f92ac7830ade40d3a1d2a910acdb7eaf.png

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

Guys flying off the shelf in Columbus??  Is there trouble on the horizon there? 

outside of the usual?

baa1c834-3907-4432-bd2b-8a81777fd455_192

the key guys they have there in Knowles on defense and Hartline on offense are going to get interviews. Knowles is evidently high on the list for Duke.

but what's more likely is that the staff had their talks with players recently and that's why dudes are hitting the portal

Edited by NoName

25 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

For him, definitely. If that’s who DeBoer is planning to start next year, that will be a massive step down for UW. Hopefully DeBoer realizes he can do way better than that or this is just securing an experienced backup. 

DeBoer is allegedly a terrible recruiter, so I'm guessing he doesn't have an heir apparent and there's some shine to Rogers' numbers. Having watched Rogers' play, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my QB1 role, but to each their own, I suppose.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Next time try it with your eyes open.

More seriously, he wasn't the only reason they lost but he was a big contributor to it. 

For a pair of Big Ten "titans," that was the most Big Ten rivalry game I have seen in a long time. Just boring football.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, NoName said:

outside of the usual?

the key guys they have there in Knowles on defense and Hartline on offense are going to get interviews. Knowles is evidently high on the list for Duke.

but what's more likely is that the staff had their talks with players recently and that's why dudes are hitting the portal

Bold strategy to tell your starting QB to go away.. 

Edited by Vertigo

27 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

DeBoer is allegedly a terrible recruiter, so I'm guessing he doesn't have an heir apparent and there's some shine to Rogers' numbers. Having watched Rogers' play, I wouldn't want him anywhere near my QB1 role, but to each their own, I suppose.

As a pure air raid QB with decent production and lots of experience, he could do worse. I am sure DeBoer will have him playing at a higher level than he ever did in Starkvegas. 

• Haha 1

Apparently they didn't want to guarantee him the job for the bowl game or for next season. 
They are also very high on Lincoln Kienholz.

What happened to the dude he was battling it out originally for? I remember it was between us and Ohio state and then Quinn transferred here. Devin brown?

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Bold strategy to tell your starting QB to go away.. 

from ESPN article:

On Sunday, Ohio State was selected to play Missouri in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic on Dec. 29. Day was noncommittal about McCord's status as the team's starter when asked about it Sunday.

"When you come up short, the bottom line is you got to look at everything, because you didn't get it done, and that's the thing that is just sobering here," Day said. "At 11-1, you come up short on the last possession, it's just not good enough. So you got to look at everything, and we will look at everything."

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 2

Read thru 20+ pages of this thread and haven’t seen a clear summary of what Texas’ portal needs are actually expected to be, outside of the obvious expectation that we are gonna look at WR.  Looking at the roster, I would think our portal needs are:

starters: 2 WR, TE, DL, DB

depth: QB

In/Out by position:

QB: Ewers, Murphy out; Owens, grad transfer in

RB: Robinson, Brooks out; Gibson, Clark in

WR: Worthy, Whittington, Mitchell, Neyor out; Wingo, Dubose, Livingstone, 2 transfers in

TE: Sanders, Davis out; Washington, transfer in

OL: Jones, Williams, Welch, Agbo out; Baker, Kibble, Cruz in

DL: Sweat, Murphy, Tapp, Swanson out; January, Robinson, Hills, transfer in

LB: Bush, Ford out; Simmons, TBD recruit in

DB: Barron, Watts, Crawford, Thompson, Catalon, LTG, Allen out; Black, Hampton, Mack, Wilson, JJR, transfer in 

ST: Sanborn out; Kern in

Edited by Snake Diggity
  • Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, NoName said:

from ESPN article:

On Sunday, Ohio State was selected to play Missouri in the Goodyear Cotton Bowl Classic on Dec. 29. Day was noncommittal about McCord's status as the team's starter when asked about it Sunday.

"When you come up short, the bottom line is you got to look at everything, because you didn't get it done, and that's the thing that is just sobering here," Day said. "At 11-1, you come up short on the last possession, it's just not good enough. So you got to look at everything, and we will look at everything."

Retarded GIF - Retarded - Discover & Share GIFs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

2 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

Read thru 20+ pages of this thread and haven’t seen a clear summary of what Texas’ portal needs are actually expected to be, outside of the obvious expectation that we are gonna look at WR.  Looking at the roster, I would think our portal needs are:

In/Out by position:

WR: Worthy, Whittington, Mitchell, Neyor out; Wingo, Dubose, Livingstone, 2 transfers in

DL: Sweat, Murphy out; January, Robinson, Hills, transfer in

DB: Barron, Watts, Crawford, Thompson, Catalon, LTG, Allen out; Black, Hampton, Mack, Wilson, JJR, transfer in 

Not so sure that Ewers and Cam Williams are sure things to be out the door. Catalon may get another year as well. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

In/Out by position:

DL: Sweat, Murphy, Tapp, Swanson out; January, Robinson, Hills, transfer in

i'm guessing the out folks are what you think?

Cam Williams is projected to be the starter at LT, highly doubt he goes anywhere. Agbo probably waits until after the spring to see if he gets to compete with Conner. Neyor didn't walk on Senior Day and sounds like he may be back in. No real rumors on Juan Davis leaving the TE room. Nothing at all on Tapp/Swanson leaving? Catalon has said he's back i thought.

from @AP101S awesome 2024 sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1682239859

offense:

image.thumb.png.09ea3c1ad2829403aeca796b5b690e27.png

defense:

image.thumb.png.afc1913e3f022107136f52a02835a184.png

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Most reports have Neyor sticking around, although that might change if we starting bringing studs in through the portal. 

Bobby updated this a bit saying that he has heard Neyor may stick around through spring to get his degree and graduate transfer at the next portal window.

Just now, BurntOrange&White said:

Bobby updated this a bit saying that he has heard Neyor may stick around through spring to get his degree and graduate transfer at the next portal window.

Which I would assume means we'll assess the portal for his spot then. I'm not personally ruling out that the guy balls out in spring and wins a job outright. 

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ewers is hardly a sure thing to be out dude.  Nor is it a sure thing Brooks is out. 

Some folks saying Mitchell might be back at WR, although I agree that is unlikely. Most reports have Neyor sticking around, although that might change if we starting bringing studs in through the portal. 

Also, you're OL "OUT" list is fucking laughably poor. You think Cam Williams is out? I'm also not sure Agbo is fucking transferring either. 

Catalon might be back next year. 

It's like you compiled your list having never read any of the single threads on the recruiting board, so yeah, I guess in that regard it makes sense. But other than that, fucking no. 

Meh, fuck you.  I didn’t make my post as some surefire 100% confidence thing.  I was trying to generate conversation that might gives us a clearer picture as to what our needs are.  Drawing from your reply, we might only need 2 WR and a TE.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 2

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.