2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So does Texas take Bond and someone else (Bolden, Daniels) and Ryan Williams when he commits/signs?

I would guess we take Bond and we are done with WRs from the portal. Take a big swing at Williams but I feel like he is looking for a reason to go to Auburn.

3 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

So does Texas take Bond and someone else (Bolden, Daniels) and Ryan Williams when he commits/signs?

No inside info but I doubt they'd take another transfer. Not enough targets to go around. They'd prob happily take Williams though.

• Hook 'Em 1

So for the poster who wondered if we would ever field  a three receiver group as good as this year- the answer is yes. Next year we will have a top three to match or exceed 2023. 

I’d tap the brakes with that sort of unbridled optimism. They have the potential to match, but significantly less skins on the wall heading into 2024.
  • Hook 'Em 3

Spoiler
Just now, RichUT said:

I’d tap the brakes with that sort of unbridled optimism. They have the potential to match, but significantly less skins on the wall heading into 2024.

Golden and Bond are not “potential”.  Unless your definition of potential is just that they haven’t don’t it in a Texas uniform yet. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Cook, Golden and Bond are a hell of a way to replace Worthy, AD and JWhitt.

Add in Wingo who is different than any receiver on our roster at his size and speed. Next year we will likely have the fastest receiving unit ever at Texas as a whole

Edited by BurntOrange&White

Golden and Bond are not “potential”.  Unless your definition of potential is just that they haven’t don’t it in a Texas uniform yet. 

Neither of them have done what Adonai did on the largest of stages. Of course very few have, as that’s a very high bar.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:
6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:
Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Neither of them have done what Adonai did on the largest of stages. Of course very few have, as that’s a very high bar.

Right. I really cannot think of a time Bond made a big catch on a big stage. 

• Haha 9

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Add in Wingo who is different than any receiver on our roster at his size and speed. Next year we will likely have the fastest receiving unit ever at Texas as a whole

Oh, most definitely.  I have a group chat with friends and family who are all alums called “Team Ryan Wingo”.  Big fans of Ronnie Jr. so we all collectively lost our shit when we landed his brother.

20 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Well it's a story about love, deception, greed, lust and...unbridled enthusiasm.

• Haha 1

No but it was funny because you're being absurd. 

If not wanting to join in on the circle jerk of hyperbole makes me absurd then I’ll wear that label with honor.

Golden and Bond are great gets from the portal but it’s pretty dumb to jump to saying that they will be at least as good as who we’re losing. I get that this is the time of year where we pound our chest and make bold proclamations about reloading, but it almost never works out that way.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, RichUT said:

If not wanting to join in on the circle jerk of hyperbole makes me absurd then I’ll wear that label with honor.

Golden and Bond are great gets from the portal but it’s pretty dumb to jump to saying that they will be at least as good as who we’re losing. I get that this is the time of year where pound our chest and make bold proclamations about reloading, but it almost never works out that way.

I’m with RichUT on this one. They’re fine, but come on. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, RichUT said:

Golden and Bond are great gets from the portal but it’s pretty dumb to jump to saying that they will be at least as good as who we’re losing. I get that this is the time of year where pound our chest and make bold proclamations about reloading, but it almost never works out that way.

debbie-downer-meaning-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Prepare your anus 1

After 15 years in the wilderness, I want an embarrassment of riches.  I want ostentatious without apology.  If Sark wins less than 3 championships I will be disappointed.  That is the standard that I have justly set for that seven-win motherfucker.   

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Wow.

12:07 PM: Bond submitted paperwork to enter the portal

12:17 PM:  Bond is in the portal

12:20? PM:  Bond to visit Texas

This is the kind of speed Sark likes.

We're not just stirred;  we're shaken.

sark.thumb.jpeg.0bc91a23ac1f5dcef26536cf3980f8df.jpeg

• Prepare your anus 1

19 minutes ago, RichUT said:

Golden and Bond are great gets from the portal but it’s pretty dumb to jump to saying that they will be at least as good as who we’re losing. I get that this is the time of year where we pound our chest and make bold proclamations about reloading, but it almost never works out that way.

No, I'm talking about the reasoning being that none of them have caught touchdowns in national championship games. I agree the group as a whole may be weaker (but as someone else mentioned you're talking top 2 while as pass catching threats the top 3 next season may be better - no disrespect to Whittington but he made lots plays when the design made it easy but brought a ton of other value), but leaning on that is silly. It means almost no team ever has a great receiving corps heading into a season. 

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Golden + Bond could be the extent of the portal WRs, Williams is a take regardless. I think TE is still to be done. 

Edited by MirrOlure
@Rollleft beat me to it...damn conference call

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Our second team receiving group would be pretty scary as well. Wingo, Moore/Niblett, and maybe just maybe Ryan Williams? Ho lee chit

• Drool 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.