2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

1 hour ago, mvlonghorns said:

I would guess we take Bond and we are done with WRs from the portal. Take a big swing at Williams but I feel like he is looking for a reason to go to Auburn.

Well, Auburn's turmoil might give him pause.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Well, Auburn's turmoil might give him pause.

Psh, like aggy not having a DC gave those recruits pause? 

He'll $ee what he wants to $ee and go to Auburn

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The shot with Williams is as the compromise school. The dad wants Auburn and the player doesn’t seem really interested in Auburn. 

Dude will not be cheap though. 

How much of what goes into Football for NIL is targeted for Portal vs Recruits. Seemingly getting Bond would have an impact on funds for Williams?

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

How much of what goes into Football for NIL is targeted for Portal vs Recruits. Seemingly getting Bond would have an impact on funds for Williams?

Why would anyone ever answer this lol the money goes where it needs to and we wil NEVER pay a kid who is not enrolled on a college campus per NIL law big diesel

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, RGBIII said:

Why would anyone ever answer this lol the money goes where it needs to and we wil NEVER pay a kid who is not enrolled on a college campus per NIL law big diesel

I didn't mean to insinuate anything other than that. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that recruits are shown what they could be making when they get here. Sorry if my question came off incorrectly?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The shot with Williams is as the compromise school. The dad wants Auburn and the player doesn’t seem really interested in Auburn. 

Dude will not be cheap though. 

That's fine, my Bobby Layne should cover it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Getafix said:

Lulz.

Aggie board.  Disappointed with the (lack of the)  Wiggins effect - err, "affect".

image.thumb.png.f95c802811f33d5f076fbf57c7ee5104.png

image.thumb.png.36d4e214d2e4e81c2c7c7717c2456fa6.png

I hear the ribs at your pool party were not great this year.  Just sayin.  

I didn't mean to insinuate anything other than that. I thought it was fairly common knowledge that recruits are shown what they could be making when they get here. Sorry if my question came off incorrectly?
I could be wrong, but I don't think the coaching staff is "supposed" to be directly involved in those talks, but they can direct them to people who will discuss it.
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
10 minutes ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:
Is a Cook/Bond/Golden/Wingo/Moore receiving room the best in the country? Ohio State is the only team that comes to mind as better... and their QB is *checks* Will fucking Howard

Nibblet is legit.

I have high hopes for Nibblet. However, we didn't really hear anything about his progress this season. I wonder where he's at on the dev curve.

4 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

To sit on the bench?

To start, after we steal all the good ones 

Does anyone know if Amari Niblack likes burnt ends ?

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

19 minutes ago, Teryor said:

No idea if we have space but if we do then we have the obvious connection

I was pissed last year when we didn't chase him though it did sound like he was locked to Washington before hitting the portal. Not sure CB is a big enough need to justify what he would likely cost considering our situation at DT and TE right now (and safety if Barron does decide to declare) though. 

Jabbar is certainly better than Brooks but he will cost a fortune. 

I have high hopes for Nibblet. However, we didn't really hear anything about his progress this season. I wonder where he's at on the dev curve.
Did you even see our receiver room this year? Sark isn't like our past coaches who rotated players in and out just to get them on the field, he's a continuity guy. Cook was lucky to get what little playtime he did, and that's only because
Sark knows he's taking X's spot next season.

56 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

J Whitt was EXACTLY what we needed at the 3 spot. Dude almost NEVER dropped a ball, was absolutely clutch on 3rd down conversions, always picked up tough YAC, was an enthusiastic blocker, and never complained that he wasn't getting the ball more. He's one of my favorite dudes on the this year's team.

You say all this until you see someone play that position who would house some of the catches J Whitt made. Like I said great blocker and team guy but leaves a lot of big play ability to be desired. Yes I’m aware he’s had some great catches and I’m not talking about that kind of big play type. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.