2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.

6 minutes ago, TommyGufano said:

He was in an equation at one point. And he was better than I was expecting. It's just that he was a DE and not a DT

Was that the Rice game where he came in looking all bouncy and athletic? Not sure if we ever saw him again.

24 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I don’t think Ross was ever part of the equation so I doubt his departure has much to do with needing another player.  Carter was supposed to be the guy we brought in to help us post Sweat/Murphy. That one not panning out hurts. 

Jaray Bledsoe needs to add 20-30lbs in the offseason

17 hours ago, CaseMcCoyTruther said:

Gotta think he’s a Buckeye. Would love to have him but don’t want to rock the boat with what we have in the safety room in (presumably) Mukuba, Williams, Filsaime, whiteboy Taffe

yeah I don't want caleb downs either.  wouldn't want him to "rock the boat" because that would be a bigger problem than having him in our secondary.  I agree with you here.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

I’m with you on this, it’s awesome we are benefiting but for 90% of college football this shit fucking sucks. Not a fan of players moving 3 or 4 times in a career. At least pro players are locked into contracts. 

I get it, and I don't love it either. But without it, we wouldn't have gotten Adonai Mitchell last year. Without him, I don't think we make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Really odd decision. Turning down a NFL paycheck to play for a well known regard. 

His draft feedback was obviously not what he was hoping for. Come back, get paid, and try again next year in a much thinner QB class.

• Hook 'Em 1

• closetojumping changed the title to 2024 Transfer Thread - Brooks Was Here. So Was Red.