2020 Democratic Nominee

used2b

Warren as VP is a loss of a Democrat Senate seat because a Republican governor will appoint her replacement.

That’s going to be a big factor in making the VP selection.

The margin for control is going to be razor thin and Democrats cannot afford to give one up for a frankly meaningless job like VP.

Any senator from a state with a Republican governor is automatically out, IMO.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Harris doesn't gain him anything, he's already going to win California in November. Klobuchar gets him the Midwest, which Hillary lost last time.

Klobuchar gets him Minnesota, a state Hillary won. Harris or Stacy Adams helps him in the South with AA vote, not that he seems to need it. When this is wrapped up and Obama can get out for Uncle Joe, watch out. Going to roll Michelle out too. All hands on deck if you want to beat Trump in November. 

Just now, Bama Chick said:

Warren as VP is a loss of a Democrat Senate seat because a Republican governor will appoint her replacement.

That’s going to be a big factor in making the VP selection.

The margin for control is going to be razor thin and Democrats cannot afford to give one up for a frankly meaningless job like VP.

Any senator from a state with a Republican VP is automatically out, IMO.

Rep gov = automatic no, especially if we can win the Senate. 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

The Mass governor is actually very moderate.  However, I agree, because too much of a chance to take with the Rs being nuts overall.

Edit: he supported impeachment of the dotard

Edit again: I'll defer to Hugo on the special election

Edited by Biff Tannen

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Klobuchar gets him Minnesota, a state Hillary won. Harris or Stacy Adams helps him in the South with AA vote, not that he seems to need it. When this is wrapped up and Obama can get out for Uncle Joe, watch out. Going to roll Michelle out too. All hands on deck if you want to beat Trump in November. 

This

I think you're going to start to see more and more endorsements come for Unlce Joe and erreybody--I do mean erreybody--start getting to work nationally.

After tonight, the national campaign begins.  Everyone will be on board. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I love Harris and would love for her to be on the ticket. I just think Amy the better choice when you look at the electoral college. She could turn Michigan blue and even bring Ohio into play. 

Amy would be a terrible choice because she would be a bad president and is anti-progressive which high on my criteria since Joe is in decline.  However, if this coronavirus is half as bad as I expect it to be, Biden could pick Bozo the clown and win 40 states.

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Amy would be a terrible choice because she would be a bad president and is anti-progressive which high on my criteria since Joe is in decline.  However, if this coronavirus is half as bad as I expect it to be, Biden could pick Bozo the clown and win 40 states.

I would agree and would also prefer someone more progressive. The fact that Biden is beating Sanders in pretty large numbers feels like the country is just not ready to to go too far left. You and I think about the what ifs and what that means for a vice president, but many don't. Amy is safe - and personally I don't think that's a good thing - but winning in November is the end goal. Personally, I'd prefer Harris, but I just think for most people Amy would be the better choice. 

1 minute ago, Mo Horn said:

I would agree and would also prefer someone more progressive. The fact that Biden is beating Sanders in pretty large numbers feels like the country is just not ready to to go too far left. You and I think about the what ifs and what that means for a vice president, but many don't. Amy is safe - and personally I don't think that's a good thing - but winning in November is the end goal. Personally, I'd prefer Harris, but I just think for most people Amy would be the better choice. 

The VP must be left of Biden and as long as it’s not Bernie Sanders, it’s not that far left.

• Like 1

Woo child, hell no to Kirsten Gillebrand.

We’re already going to have the top of the ticket defending “too conservative” senatorial votes from 20 years ago, don’t need the bottom of the ticket with the same problem but worse because her shitty votes are from the last 6-8 years.

Just sticking a vagina on the ticket isn’t enough for women.

And she’s not going to excite brown and black voters.

And NY is an automatic win for Biden.

Y’all gotta think deeper than “Hey! A vagina!” or “Hey! Skin with melanin!”.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I love Harris and would love for her to be on the ticket. I just think Amy the better choice when you look at the electoral college. She could turn Michigan blue and even bring Ohio into play. 

I think Joe has that covered. I like Harris for the female of color part, but mostly because I think she is smart as shit and would devastate the Pence or whatever Republican dipshit they march out to carry Trump's water.  She's got balls, something this fucking country needs right now.  Amy does too, just don't think she brings the gas you think she does.

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

We’re already going to have the top of the ticket defending “too conservative” senatorial votes from 20 years ago, don’t need the bottom of the ticket with the same problem but worse because her shitty votes are from the last 6-8 years.

Yes we know you want Beto. ;) But I think Kamala brings a lot of ammo.  She's a bulldog.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

But I really like vaginas.

• Like 4

Yes, Massachusetts law calls for a special election but there are still issues.

Then there’s the delay: Under Massachusetts state law, the governor must call for a special election 145 to 160 days after the vacancy — which means a Democrat, if he or she wins the special election, might not claim the Senate seat until months after a Warren presidency begins.

Being temporarily without a Democratic senator in Massachusetts or Vermont could endanger the new president getting Cabinet secretaries confirmed and early legislative priorities passed.

Warren could try and time her resignation early to make the timing work but what if Trump wins re-election? Would she be willing to resign from the senate before Election Day?

And the last special election for Senate in Massachusetts after a vacation of the seat by a Democrat was won by a Republican in 2009.

It’s not a McSally situation but it’s still too much of a risk with a real shot of gaining control of the Senate.
  • Like 2

Yes we know you want Beto.  But I think Kamala brings a lot of ammo.  She's a bulldog.

I would love Beto but two white men on the Democratic ticket???

Ain’t no fucking way.

Harris is a great choice IMO and not only because of her gender and ethnicity.

Gillebrand is a terrible choice - literally the only is positive is she bleeds once a month.

You could go with Andrew Gillum, the guy who ran for governor of Florida and got fucked out of that due to voter suppression or Stacy Abrams from GA who got fucked out of governor of Georgia due to voter suppression. They both got fire in their belly and can speak to the younger, more progressive crowd and push progressive ideas. 

If he picked Warren, I would shit myself and then start a gofund me to assassinate Joe so she could be prez  right away.  So maybe not a good plan.

9 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

You could go with Andrew Gillum, the guy who ran for governor of Florida and got fucked out of that due to voter suppression or Stacy Abrams from GA who got fucked out of governor of Georgia due to voter suppression. They both got fire in their belly and can speak to the younger, more progressive crowd and push progressive ideas. 

If he picked Warren, I would shit myself and then start a gofund me to assassinate Joe so she could be prez  right away.  So maybe not a good plan.

My money is on Harris.  I know people don’t think that gains him anything because of geography but our politics isn’t like it used to be in the Trump Era.  Everything is now a nationalized reality TV show.  The only way he picks Warren is if Obama persuades him, which is magical thinking.

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Can we all just take a moment to remember way back in the distant past, oh I dunno, about a month ago, when everybody who wasn't a Trumpkin -- a list that includes independents, ex-Republicans, moderate Democrats, progressive Democrats, communists, Maoists, fucking Taoists -- seemed to all unanimously agree that they wanted anyone but Joe Biden to be the Democratic candidate this year?

Just now, ndawg said:

Can we all just take a moment to remember way back in the distant past, oh I dunno, about a month ago, when everybody who wasn't a Trumpkin -- a list that includes independents, ex-Republicans, moderate Democrats, progressive Democrats, communists, Maoists, fucking Taoists -- seemed to all unanimously agree that they wanted anyone but Joe Biden to be the Democratic candidate this year?

He’s a terrible candidate, but he’s our terrible candidate 

A. It’s not going to be Warren, because of the Special, unless she resigns before the election to allow a vote in November, which would allow Kennedy to drop out of the Primary vs Markey. 

B. I think Harris is the leader in the clubhouse at this point.  The election goes through the suburbs and Harris reinforces with female college educated voters. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

He’s a terrible candidate, but he’s our terrible candidate 

I'll happily vote for him over Trump, for whatever good it will do. But three years of Trump made me I forget how much I can't stand the Democratic Party, and this is a rude reminder.

Edited by ndawg

5 minutes ago, Bateshorn said:

A. It’s not going to be Warren, because of the Special, unless she resigns before the election to allow a vote in November, which would allow Kennedy to drop out of the Primary vs Markey. 

B. I think Harris is the leader in the clubhouse at this point.  The election goes through the suburbs and Harris reinforces with female college educated voters. 

I think this is right but holy fuck would Warren be a better President than Kamala. 

If Bernie doesn’t drop out in the next few days he needs to be shunned by everyone even remotely on the left side of the spectrum.   We have a candidate.  Is he perfect, no.  But he’s the guy.  Every ounce of energy from this point forward needs to be focused on the end game.  No more dissent, no more petty fights.  One unified front to accomplish the only thing that matters in this particular election.  

• Like 2

Just now, conVINCEd said:

If Bernie doesn’t drop out in the next few days he needs to be shunned by everyone even remotely on the left side of the spectrum.   We have a candidate.  Is he perfect, no.  But he’s the guy.  Every ounce of energy from this point forward needs to be focused on the end game.  No more dissent, no more petty fights.  One unified front to accomplish the only thing that matters in this particular election.  

We are 4 months away from the Democratic convention.

Calm down lol

I was ready to go with Bernie after he won resoundingly in Nevada.  Nevada is a weird state but even with the moderates finally picking someone to put their weight behind, I thought that Nevada was the power of the movement manifesting.  I guess not.  It's close in Washington.  Sorry for all the folks who are passionate about Bernie's campaign.  But once the dust settles, let's go.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I think this is right but holy fuck would Warren be a better President than Kamala. 

Warren would be better than everyone running. Kamala or Stacy are the obvious choices,  both are young with future elections coming VP for Warren does nothing for her career. 

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Like 1