Hot Wheels, Hot CR Takes: Brownsville SUV, the CR version

conVINCEd

8 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

"hot wheels" honestly pretty tame of a thing to call someone who has the record of douche baggery that Abbot has. "Governor Broke Dick" or "Blue Placard Special" are much worse and I'm sure we would come up with plenty of nasty things to call him if he had full use of his busted ass legs.

Some in my circle use "Brokeback Abbott." He deserves zero grace in any context for any reason.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Abbot is human garbage. Every single breath he takes has been spent to harm, intimidate, or denigrate those of a different race, religion, gender, or sex all for political advancement. It’s sickening, and the only sliver lining is knowing that everyday he wakes up, sees someone walking and it hurts him emotionally. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

His momma called him hot wheels I'm gonna call him hot wheels.

Based on his current tactic of trying to distract from the dual hate crime murders in Allen and Browsville by calling news conferences to work the MAGAs up into a lather about "ILLEGALS!!!", the judges would also accept the term "Hate Wheels."

• Hook 'Em 2

As much as republicans rail against Joe Biden’s “policies” at the border, the status quo he has been operating under has been title 42 for his entire imperial reign, hasn’t it?

So all the bitching from the last 2.5 years about destructive policy has been Trumps policy. They should support him allowing it to come to an end, if they actually disagreed with the status quo that is still currently happening from policies put in place by Trump.

I am big brain

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Glad I skipped the first page until now. Some of you don’t deserve your South Texas ranches

“Skin color is linked to greater Latino-on-Latino discrimination: About four-in-ten Latinos with darker skin (41%) say they have experienced discrimination or unfair treatment by another Latino, while 25% with lighter skin color say the same. Nativity is linked too. Latinos born in Puerto Rico or in another country are more likely than those born in the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia to say they suffered discrimination or unfair treatment by someone who is also Latino (32% vs. 23%). “

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/05/02/latinos-experience-discrimination-from-other-latinos-about-as-much-as-from-non-latinos/

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Glad I skipped the first page until now. Some of you don’t deserve your South Texas ranches

“Skin color is linked to greater Latino-on-Latino discrimination: About four-in-ten Latinos with darker skin (41%) say they have experienced discrimination or unfair treatment by another Latino, while 25% with lighter skin color say the same. Nativity is linked too. Latinos born in Puerto Rico or in another country are more likely than those born in the 50 U.S. states or the District of Columbia to say they suffered discrimination or unfair treatment by someone who is also Latino (32% vs. 23%). “

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-reads/2022/05/02/latinos-experience-discrimination-from-other-latinos-about-as-much-as-from-non-latinos/

Checks out. Our ranch manager is the freckles and blue eyed type Mexican-American. Never seen him act that way on skin tone, but he fucking hates illegals/migrants.  Routinely says things that would make Stephen Miller blush.   It’s an odd dynamic, for sure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Do we really need 2 threads for this mentally crippled and physically disabled fuck?

Pretty sure I’ve seen 52-80 post on more than 2 threads 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Drool 1

34 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

giphy.gif

Even more odd, he brings Mexican cowboys over when they work the cattle.  I don’t understand it, and don’t pry.  But it’s a thing.  College educated, wife college educated in medical field, and about 40. 

6 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

Even more odd, he brings Mexican cowboys over when they work the cattle.  I don’t understand it, and don’t pry.  But it’s a thing.  College educated, wife college educated in medical field, and about 40. 

It's almost like racism has no logical or rational basis. And besides, it's not like racists refuse to work with or be around their "other" groups - they just demand that the "other" honor the hierarchy asserted by the racist and everything is fine. 

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, Captainant said:

It's almost like racism has no logical or rational basis. And besides, it's not like racists refuse to work with or be around their "other" groups - they just demand that the "other" honor the hierarchy asserted by the racist and everything is fine. 

The simple minded don’t understand nuance. To them, racism is only one thing and anything else is not racist. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The simple minded don’t understand nuance. To them, racism is only one thing and anything else is not racist. 

I would put being racist against your own race in the more difficult to understand category.  This dude looks exactly like the people he dislikes.  An immigration status and  eye color are the difference.  But considering the amount of people having to be told it’s actually a thing up thread, super simple people are the ones who don’t get it 

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

I would put being racist against your own race in the more difficult to understand category.  This dude looks exactly like the people he dislikes.  An immigration status and  eye color are the difference.  But considering the amount of people having to be told it’s actually a thing up thread, super simple people are the ones who don’t get it 

Bruh. Whites were racist as fuck against Italian and Irish people around the turn of the 20th century. And then as social progress was made, those groups were brought into the "white" fold and new out groups were identified to subjugate. Ask troph how it's been going for the new out group.

My point being: just because you - a white dude - only see two brown dudes, that doesn't mean that they don't see themselves as distinct and diverse from each other. If you've read other posts replying to you about this, folks have pointed out a huge degree of animosity between Mexicans and more central American nationalities because of the perceived trouble and extra mouths they bring. 

Same reasons as MAGA hates brown people and dogwhistles them all as MS-13 gang members, it's just you're suprised to see that the MAGA out group has its own out group

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, fattyflattie said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Association_of_German_National_Jews?wprov=sfla1

7 minutes ago, Captainant said:

If you've read other posts replying to you about this, folks have pointed out a huge degree of animosity between Mexicans and more central American nationalities because of the perceived trouble and extra mouths they bring. 

Well, I was pretty clear in my post I was talking about a Mexican American who gained legal status years ago, and Mexican nationals who have not. I’ve been in construction for the last 20 years, I understand the difference between Mexicans, Guatemalans, Hondurans, salvadories, and how they all treat each other.  Shall we talk about how Asians feel about each other next? 

On 5/7/2023 at 3:10 PM, Dbeasy said:

Look I can’t stand Abbott either, but people on this site calling him hot wheels gives the appearance of making fun of his disability, and is really in poor taste. And you can say you’re not making fun of it, but it sure comes across that way. 

Sure, but fuck him.

Fuck Hitler and his one ball, too.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 5/8/2023 at 3:03 AM, shadow_operative said:

charts on people's views of immigration and interracial relationships are great, but we're talking about folks actually killing each other on daily basis because of what they saw on fox news or because of something that the president of the united states wrote on twitter. distrust for those with differing beliefs and a willingness/ability to bring lethal violence upon them is a today problem, one that did not exist in the sixties- not to this magnitude. you absolutely cannot overstate what donald trump, fox news, facebook, and twitter have done to warp the minds of conservative people to the point where they legitimately fear anyone who isn't in alignment with their beliefs, or even looks different from them. this is all unprecedented, because here in 2023 we have vehicles of fear mongering and division which could not exist before the 24 hour "news" media/social media age.

I think this is the disconnect.  In reality, we are not nearly as divided as we were decades ago.  Marriages, friend groups, neighborhoods, schools, workplaces etc. are all much more integrated and cohesive than they used to be.  HOWEVER, we now have a well-oiled propaganda machine hellbent on convincing half the country that they have nothing in common with the other.  That's why it FEELS like we are so divided, yet most of us don't openly experience that division in our daily lives, at least in the ways our country did in the '60s.

And not to derail the discussion too much, but fuck your both sides on this issue... this is a right-wing problem.   The left-leaning news networks focus their attention on individuals (politicians, Elon, etc.)  The right-leaning networks focus their attention on "the other side."  I'll let you draw the conclusion as to which of these is more conducive to carrying out a mass shooting on strangers.

Edited by Chuckie Finster
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Who is worst, hotwheels or Rick Perry?

I would say Abbott body of work has been much more harmful to the State of Texas. Perry was a complete buffoon which helped prevent him from inflicting the level of overall level of harm that Abbott has been successful with.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

When I taught and we got to the chapter on self-concept and culture, I would bring up social class and how it was defined. As usual, students said it was defined by money, which is one of many answers. I then brought up a point of how social class can be defined by skin tone. I asked them “what race am I, Dr. Pancho?” And of course they would respond with “Black” which is correct. But the Black students in class would say “naw you light skinned, that’s different.”

I’d proceed to tell the story I read in a Soufwest magazine about a little boy from Brazil who was adopted by 2 White gay bros here in America. His Brazilian family gave him up for adoption because his skin was too dark, and he didn’t have the same lighter features as everyone else in the family. this was a wealthy Brazilian family and they didn’t want the rest of the town to talk or to look down on them for having such a dark skinned family member. This story usually prompted the Latinos in my classes to tell stories of being darker skinned Latino or how sometimes they or a family member were 100% Latino but everyone thought they were White. Then we get into privilege and other things…

Moral of the story—this is still a thing in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 3