Hot Wheels, Hot CR Takes: Brownsville SUV, the CR version

conVINCEd

2 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Will Hot Wheels be happy that it was immigrants killed or sad that the murderer used a car instead of a gun?

Look I can’t stand Abbott either, but people on this site calling him hot wheels gives the appearance of making fun of his disability, and is really in poor taste. And you can say you’re not making fun of it, but it sure comes across that way. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 4

11 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I am absolutely making fun of it.  He deserves to be ridiculed in every way imaginable.  Perhaps his disability is simply God’s will.  Maybe if he would have prayed more the limb would’ve missed him. 

9 minutes ago, YChang said:

Mmmm… our governor’s real-life actions that has actual damn consequences on people’s lives are in poor taste. Worst governor ever. He deserves the hot wheels moniker. 

Well okay. I have to admit that’s not what I expected. Have a nice life, you miserable hypocrites. 

Edited by Dbeasy
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

7 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Will Hot Wheels be happy that it was immigrants killed or sad that the murderer used a car instead of a gun?

Shame a tree wasn't as effective as an SUV.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Look I can’t stand Abbott either, but people on this site calling him hot wheels gives the appearance of making fun of his disability, and is really in poor taste. And you can say you’re not making fun of it, but it sure comes across that way. 

image.gif.abf860a5b677dbbdc687dae6dc829eca.gif

• Hook 'Em 3

the 60's: 

hey man, black people have rights too man.

hey man, women have rights too man.

hey man, we shouldn't be in vietnam man.

today:

IMG_1474.thumb.jpeg.909de50467cb086e3b2ac200d06df2bc.jpeg

IMG_1477.thumb.jpeg.ec8a597e43f19e9488c62274c11e7e63.jpeg

six year old little girls not only nearly get murdered by grown men for ringing a doorbell to look for a lost kitten, but the grown man then doubles and triples down, saying that if she rings his doorbell again she's gonna FAFO. this is an unprecedented level of division. pathetic.

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

1)senseless mass casualty events are a daily occurrence 

2)we are absolutely more divided than we were when my parents were growing up in the 60's. people lived in their own little bubbles back then. now thanks to 24 hour "news" networks plus facebook and twitter we have tens of millions of radicalized citizens who are armed to the teeth, scared to death of everyone around them, and who have been brainwashed into believing that their preferred political party is their tribe, and that their tribe is at war with their libtard neighbors and family members. hence the attempted insurrection on our nation's capitol, carried out by cosplaying fucking sheep (so ironic) who believe they were sent by donald trump to do God's work by killing our democracy over a "stolen election". no, we were not that divided in the 60's.

thinks about this: hanging an american flag from your house or truck in the 60's simply meant that you loved your country. brandishing an american flag on your vehicle or home is now a symbol of hate, a brand new "COME AND FUCKING TAKE IT!!!" flag. again, we are fucking pathetic. 

2 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

the 60's: 

hey man, black people have rights too man.

hey man, women have rights too man.

hey man, we shouldn't be in vietnam man.

i know doomers love to think things were better back in the days.

67-interior.gif

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-02-03.png

PST_2017.05.15.intermarriage-02-01.png

sdt-2012-rise-of-intermarriage-34.png

FT_23.04.20_GunDeathsUpdate_3.png?resize

ft_2021.05.25_nationalidentity_01.png?re

RE_2022.01.20_NSL-Immigration_0-02.png?r

RE_2022.01.20_NSL-Immigration_0-04.png?r

image.png.4c6ddc450844d39f28fe73dc8be71a4a.png

image.png.ea378dfbcccbd9e0e64a25377e369874.png

charts on people's views of immigration and interracial relationships are great, but we're talking about folks actually killing each other on daily basis because of what they saw on fox news or because of something that the president of the united states wrote on twitter. distrust for those with differing beliefs and a willingness/ability to bring lethal violence upon them is a today problem, one that did not exist in the sixties- not to this magnitude. you absolutely cannot overstate what donald trump, fox news, facebook, and twitter have done to warp the minds of conservative people to the point where they legitimately fear anyone who isn't in alignment with their beliefs, or even looks different from them. this is all unprecedented, because here in 2023 we have vehicles of fear mongering and division which could not exist before the 24 hour "news" media/social media age.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

distrust for those with differing beliefs and a willingness/ability to bring lethal violence upon them is a today problem, one that did not exist in the sixties. you absolutely cannot overstate what donald trump, fox news, facebook, and twitter have done to warp the minds of conservative people to the point where they legitimately fear anyone who isn't in alignment with their beliefs. this is all unprecedented, because here in 2023 we have vehicles of deer mongering and division which could not exist before the 24 hour "news" media/social media age.

only conservative people have warped minds due to their intolerance due to fox news.  not like its largely the same for both in a mirrored way. 

4_5.png

4_4.png

6_1.png

PJ_2014-10-21_media-polarization-02.png

PP-2014-06-12-polarization-3-12.png

charts on people's views of immigration and interracial relationships are great, but we're talking about folks actually killing each other on daily basis because of what they saw on fox news or be wise of what donald trump said on tv.

its absolutely true that the political alignment have leaned further and further apart over time.   here's folks killing each-other.  did they just start just killing each other because of fox news in 2019? or 2014?

image.thumb.png.e227ee88282b8841e483a65bb9924f2f.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

this is becoming an increasingly CR discussion, so this will be my last comment in this back and forth:

GOP shifting 4-5× further right than Democrats did left over the last 50 years

IMG_1513.thumb.jpeg.23f12f28d0921354691781eb40d12e7c.jpeg

and yes, without any links or long form online references, i can factually say that it's the folks who consume and subsist on fox news and conservative twitter 24/7 who are being duped, shucked, and radicalized. that's why you haven't seen a racist, scared, old white man shoot a black kid in the head after watching too much cnn and becoming more and more radicalized and fearful over a period of years. come on man- this is not a debate, this is a sad, factual reality. 

31 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is becoming an increasingly CR discussion, so this will be my last comment in this back and forth:

GOP shifting 4-5× further right than Democrats did left over the last 50 years

and yes, without any links or long form online references, i can factually say that it's the folks who consume and subsist on fox news and conservative twitter 24/7 who are being duped, shucked, and radicalized. that's why you haven't seen a racist, scared, old white man shoot a black kid in the head after watching too much cnn and becoming more and more radicalized and fearful over a period of years. come on man- this is not a debate, this is a sad, factual reality. 

that is absolutely not a fact, and discussing numerical facts is not a matter of CR. 

can you show how many of the ~10,000k annual gun homicide are by: radicalized racist old white men on black kid; or how even *just* old white man, period, regardless of what you can deduce as motive or political affiliation.

just because a story sounds like like it makes sense, doesnt make it true. this is how conspiracies form.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Well okay. I have to admit that’s not what I expected. Have a nice life, you miserable hypocrites. 

When you're picking up rep from very fine posters for complaining about decorum as a distraction from the issue.... Watch yourself lol. 

It is weird how the thread got steered from "holy shit there's a lot of mass fatalities" to "ya know, #BOTHSIDES are to blame if you really think about it". Keep up the good work, apologists for Abbott at the TX government. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I’m certain this latest mass murdered looked at these graphs and our dual political polarizations and thought, “seems as if 65% of folks in both parties agree some support for South Americans seeking asylum in the United States.  I better not do this then and offend so many people.”

we all know what wound this guy up.  But we’ll talk about it when his court dates start up.  Until then, try and remember facts don’t care about your feelings.  And I assure you that your not going to feel good about the facts of his case.  

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

I’m certain this latest mass murdered looked at these graphs and our dual political polarizations and thought, “seems as if 65% of folks in both parties agree some support for South Americans seeking asylum in the United States.  I better not do this then and offend so many people.”

we all know what wound this guy up.  But we’ll talk about it when his court dates start up.  Until then, try and remember facts don’t care about your feelings.  And I assure you that your not going to feel good about the facts of his case.  

yeah bro, facts says it's all the old men on the right side of this graph is the danger to society

image.png.ee0637e34a181649a5e13341c60c4411.png

Yeah, I missed the part where I said old men had anything to do with this latest ethnically motivated mass murder.  Your graph shows that young men do dumb and violent shit.  No shit, I don’t need a graph to tell me that.  Every insurance agent can tell you that.  That graph has as much to do with this thread as what I ate for breakfast.  

young men are easily wound up.  Film at 11.  I guess the only solution is more young men with More guns?  

12 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

1)senseless mass casualty events are a daily occurrence 

2)we are absolutely more divided than we were when my parents were growing up in the 60's. people lived in their own little bubbles back then. now thanks to 24 hour "news" networks plus facebook and twitter we have tens of millions of radicalized citizens who are armed to the teeth, scared to death of everyone around them, and who have been brainwashed into believing that their preferred political party is their tribe, and that their tribe is at war with their libtard neighbors and family members. hence the attempted insurrection on our nation's capitol, carried out by cosplaying fucking sheep (so ironic) who believe they were sent by donald trump to do God's work by killing our democracy over a "stolen election". no, we were not that divided in the 60's.

thinks about this: hanging an american flag from your house or truck in the 60's simply meant that you loved your country. brandishing an american flag on your vehicle or home is now a symbol of hate, a brand new "COME AND FUCKING TAKE IT!!!" flag. again, we are fucking pathetic. 

I don’t know but generally disagree. I’m probably older than you at 45 and certainly wasn’t around for the 60s. Not that race relations are great but de-segregation, political assassinations, and Vietnam made for a very divided country. Now, not that race relations are great, but overall they’re much better and retards get a tremendous amount of attention. I think most people are like me in that we lean one way but totally avoid all the political noise, and are not swayed by one side or another on twitter or news media. We have very vocal minorities on both sides, and more so on the right. The gun pandemic has worsened, obviously, and we are divided. But it’s been worse, I think. 

58 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I don’t know but generally disagree. I’m probably older than you at 45 and certainly wasn’t around for the 60s. Not that race relations are great but de-segregation, political assassinations, and Vietnam made for a very divided country. Now, not that race relations are great, but overall they’re much better and retards get a tremendous amount of attention. I think most people are like me in that we lean one way but totally avoid all the political noise, and are not swayed by one side or another on twitter or news media. We have very vocal minorities on both sides, and more so on the right. The gun pandemic has worsened, obviously, and we are divided. But it’s been worse, I think. 

Lynchings (extrajudicial killings of "out groups") are now carried out by individuals spurred on by the right wing hate machine, instead of being carried out by entire mobs.  

Hooray.  Progress.

• Hook 'Em 3

22 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

22 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

I am absolutely making fun of it.  He deserves to be ridiculed in every way imaginable.  Perhaps his disability is simply God’s will.  Maybe if he would have prayed more the limb would’ve missed him. 

22 hours ago, YChang said:

Mmmm… our governor’s real-life actions that has actual damn consequences on people’s lives are in poor taste. Worst governor ever. He deserves the hot wheels moniker. 

22 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

18 hours ago, Pods said:

Hypocrisy would be being inured by a falling tree limb, getting a large structured settlement that still pays you to this day, and then dedicating your career to making sure no one else can ever be properly compensated for an injury, or medical malpractice.

Just so we're clear on what hypocrisy actually looks like. 

exactly how this convo should have gone.

look, i'm as anti-looks/disability as a put-down when there are so many other good reasons to put someone down. abbott would get plenty of the same shit a la cornyn and cruz if he weren't in a wheelchair.

the fact that he is, and why he is, and what he has subsequently done as a government official to pull the ladder up behind his wheelchair, well, all'sw fair, fuckstick guv, eat shit you diseased cock.

"hot wheels" honestly pretty tame of a thing to call someone who has the record of douche baggery that Abbot has. "Governor Broke Dick" or "Blue Placard Special" are much worse and I'm sure we would come up with plenty of nasty things to call him if he had full use of his busted ass legs.

3 minutes ago, Evil Bill Obrien said:

"hot wheels" honestly pretty tame of a thing to call someone who has the record of douche baggery that Abbot has. "Governor Broke Dick" or "Blue Placard Special" are much worse and I'm sure we would come up with plenty of nasty things to call him if he had full use of his busted ass legs.

Governor Gimp would work, imo. 

• Hook 'Em 2