Trump Town Hall thread, all snowflakes welcome

jimmyjazz

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I have always liked CNN going back to when they were the only cable news outlet, and will always be my #1 go to news source. Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would dislike CNN, the most moderate by far of the big 3.  MSNBC is too far left for my taste, even though I agree with them a lot and FOX is for psychopaths.  CNN it is. 

These things aren’t static. When the guys that run cnn now want to move it more towards fnc, and then do what they did last njght, you need to re-evaluate.  

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I have always liked CNN going back to when they were the only cable news outlet, and will always be my #1 go to news source. Doesn't make sense to me why anyone would dislike CNN, the most moderate by far of the big 3.  MSNBC is too far left for my taste, even though I agree with them a lot and FOX is for psychopaths.  CNN it is. 

CNN under Jeff Zucker arguably did more to normalize Trump to moderate Americans than anyone else. Now under Chris Licht they're even worse, as they're pretty clearly going for Fox News during the Bush era levels of conservatism as their whole vibe and they're trying to help Trump get re-elected.

Fuck CNN.

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The forces that caused the Civil War were in place and a juggernaut prior to Lincoln's election. He didn't just appear on the scene and say, "you know, this slavery thing is kinda bad. Let's throw down."  The country was already divided. Lincoln held it together.

Team of Rivals is one of the great books I've read. I recommend it. 

Lincoln won surrender from the Confederates on the battlefield and held the Union together. And he was assassinated for it.

[NOTE: This was a reply that I started but didn’t finish. I thought it was deleted but obviously it wasn’t. Please ignore it.]

22 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

Wait, you don't think Trump loves America?    Holy shit.  Where would he be without it?

Trump loves Trump. Period. You’re a fool if you can’t see that. If anything, Trump hates America. He shits on it all the time. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

You morons, I didn't point out that he said he thinks Trump loves America so you would spend pages arguing with him over it. I pointed it out because it's so obviously stupid bullshit that there's no way he could possibly believe it, but he said it anyway because that's what trolls do. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, McCroskey said:

Well said.

While possible I’m not suggesting the best fix for now is to pluck a man or woman running a large business and put them in the Oval Office, I was simply saying our brightest minds are not turning to public service at the rates we need. We definitely have a pool of talent in our existing political circles, but I also think we have a much larger pool of talent outside those circles, as well. The world is rapidly changing and we need more effective problem solvers in positions of leadership.

As you say, the mob will try to hold us back.

Another falsity.  If the electorate would vote for the smart, decent people, they would win.  If they would support those candidates they would win.  Instead, we have people who actually pull the lever for Ted Cruz, Ron Desantis, Donald Trump, and Greg Abbott.   I did my part.  I voted for people who give a shit, who try to make changes for the better who want to advance society, and not those who talk about a false utopian myth from their childhood while doing their part to create a dystopian future for the rest of us.  

• Hook 'Em 4

5 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Oh fuck you.   Try giving something some real thought before you make a statement, enough thought that you can actually make an argument to support it, instead of moving the goal posts every time someone calls you on your stupid shit.

I'm not moving any goal posts...I'm standing behind what I said and just clarifying for your dumbass since you obviously think I meant something else.  The joy of message boards.

• Fuck You 6

17 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

And wait, I'm not saying his love is somehow because he wants what is BEST for America.  I'm saying he loves this country for what it enables him to do.

Correct!  A country full of people who look at a traitorous authoritarian and an old dude who isn't Abraham Lincoln and say "meh both of these dudes suck!" does enable some incredible behavior.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

meaning CNN is becoming more centrist, which is good.  

So the offer for Biden to have an hour of prime time with a friendly audience is just not being reported?  I fail to see what is centrist about last night’s dog and pony show. 
it felt like an attempt to gain market share that fnc is losing over the tucker firing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

On that note, look at this asshole!

He's fucking stoked with how everything went last night. He doesn't think CNN has any sort of responsibility to the American public, he just wants flash and ratings. Fuck him!

They put him on in prime time in front of an audience that would have applauded if he said he wanted World War 3. The day after he was found liable of sexual assault. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

12 minutes ago, Smax said:

He loves this country because he can take advantage of everything from people, to the legal system and the media to make money and power but he most certainly does not love America in the sense of wanting her to be the shinning beacon of good/freedom and prosperity in the world. He doesn't love America in wanting what is best for her and her citizens, he wants what's best for trump. He is selfish focused in his life, everything has to be about and for trump. 

Completely agree.  That's what I meant at the time and what you just articulated in more words.

He would not be able to do this in any other country in the world. 

• Fuck You 3

35 minutes ago, Js1 said:

You. Can’t. Run. The. Government. Like. A. Business. 

They're fundamentally different beasts. 

Even if you think a government should be run like a business, electing a businessman who bankrupted multiple businesses is not the right guy for the job. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

- Guy who honestly wants less divisiveness in this country

The rules are a little different when it comes to a message board.

- Guy who hasn't dished out a single piece of neg rep on this thread, and won't.  I tend to stick to pos-rep only.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

meaning CNN is becoming more centrist, which is good.  

Amplifying fascists and giving them a primetime slot in front of an adoring audience is just about the furthest thing from moving to the center that I can think of. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So the offer for Biden to have an hour of prime time with a friendly audience is just not being reported?  I fail to see what is centrist about last night’s dog and pony show. 
it felt like an attempt to gain market share that fnc is losing over the tucker firing. 

remember when good journalism presented both sides? Besides, Caitlin interviewer was disagreeing / correcting him at every opportunity, which is also very good.  Unlike FOX who shouts down any opponent, but will you bash FOX ?

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Even if you think a government should be run like a business, electing a businessman who bankrupted multiple businesses is not the right guy for the job. 

To be clear, I never suggested I thought Trump right for the job.  If I could go back and rephrase one thing it would be that Trump and Biden are equally bad.  I shouldn't have said that.  Clearly, Trump is far worse but I still think Biden is an awful choice of leader for the country in 2023 and potentially for a second term.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

Lolwut?

You think Trump could relocate to another country and generate the same level of influence & power as he's doing here?  Any other country would rightfully lock him up and/or just kill him.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

remember when good journalism presented both sides? Besides, Caitlin interviewer was disagreeing / correcting him at every opportunity, which is also very good.  Unlike FOX who shouts down any opponent, but will you bash FOX ?

Names, please.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

If presenting both sides was truly the goal, CNN would not have put Trump in front of a loving audience that was laughing at his rape jokes. Do you really believe this was good journalism?

Edited by royiv
  • Hook 'Em 6

9 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I'm not moving any goal posts...I'm standing behind what I said and just clarifying for your dumbass since you obviously think I meant something else.  The joy of message boards.

This is your first post in the thread:

Are you paying attention to the primary candidate on the other side?  He's an equal-level moron, it just comes out in a different package.

2 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

You think Trump could relocate to another country and generate the same level of influence & power as he's doing here?  Any other country would rightfully lock him up and/or just kill him.

I thought you were speaking in a general sense, that what Trump is doing in here can't be done in other countries. 

3 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I just addressed that one.  I thought you were talking about the statement about Trump loving America.

Maybe you should address this one?  WITH SPECIFICS...

but, what has he actually done in his first term that you've deemed to display incompetence?

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I just assumed that Biden would get a similar hour in front of a similarly hand-picked audience.  If that doesn't happen in the next few months, then yeah, fuck CNN's "centrist" claims.

11 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Correct!  A country full of people who look at a traitorous authoritarian and an old dude who isn't Abraham Lincoln and say "meh both of these dudes suck!" does enable some incredible behavior.

A traitorous authoritarian who both compares himself to Lincoln while his supporters wave the Confederate flag and complains that he’s been treated more unfairly than Lincoln.

Anyone who can listen to both Trump and Biden speak and come away thinking Trump is more mentally stable is seriously fucked in the head. “Person, woman, man, camera, tv.” Yeah, that’s the mark of a “very stable genius.”

• Hook 'Em 2

20 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Lolwut?

Oh, he wouldn't be able to do this in any other country.  Obviously, fascism can take root anywhere, but this particular fascist con man would be laughed at and dismissed in France, Italy, or anywhere else.  Trump is a uniquely American creation and problem.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, Smax said:

He loves this country because he can take advantage of everything from people, to the legal system and the media to make money and power but he most certainly does not love America in the sense of wanting her to be the shinning beacon of good/freedom and prosperity in the world.

That would be impossible, because he doesn't value goodness, freedom, or anyone else's prosperity.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

I just assumed that Biden would get a similar hour in front of a similarly hand-picked audience.  If that doesn't happen in the next few months, then yeah, fuck CNN's "centrist" claims.

Something tells me a bunch of "undecided voters" won't be giving Biden standing ovations and cheering him on like they're at a football game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

I don't see you bashing FOX. 

Wut? "But Fox!" is a bad deflection. You won't address how giving a  fascist a stage in front of a fawning live audience is good journalism or moving to the center.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Thats what I’m asking. Where is the both sides presentation?  Have I missed the invitation to Biden?  Why was last night trump only- aren’t there other declared candidates already?  If not, then maybe hold off entirely. 

as to whether I’ll bash fox, lol. I don’t know what you think my perspective is, but yeah I’d like it if they had to shut down from lack of viewership because their message isn’t being consumed by morons.  I’d also like if lies couldn’t be couched as opinions as if the truth was not empirical. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

Wut? "But Fox!" is a bad deflection. You won't address how giving a  fascist a stage in front of a fawning live audience is good journalism or moving to the center.

look man, this isn't difficult.  Caitlin was there smashing Trump every time he spoke, that exposes his juvenile lies.  It was excellent television last night, every lie from Michigan, Wisconsin to Georgia was countered with truth.  

• Fuck You 2

45 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

I appreciate that.  If you don't know of her though, you should at least go listen to bits and pieces of it.  Good insights.  23 minutes isn't that much time.

Why should I bother since she's not interested in politics and I have to work with what I'm given?

18 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

Names, please.

I believe the name in question was "The Fairness Doctrine."

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, McCroskey said:

To be clear, I never suggested I thought Trump right for the job.  If I could go back and rephrase one thing it would be that Trump and Biden are equally bad.  I shouldn't have said that.  Clearly, Trump is far worse but I still think Biden is an awful choice of leader for the country in 2023 and potentially for a second term.

Please explain why Biden would be "an awful" choice for the leader of the country.

He has done a damn good job so far.

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

look man, this isn't difficult.  Caitlin was there smashing Trump every time he spoke, that exposes his juvenile lies.  It was excellent television last night, every lie from Michigan, Wisconsin to Georgia was countered with truth.  

Excellent television? Is your bar for good journalism that it makes for entertaining television? Answer the goddamn question of how CNN giving a fascist a stage in front a fawning audience is good journalism and becoming more centrist.

• Hook 'Em 2

I'm starting to get the impression this is exactly the kind of internal consternating debate that is what CNN wanted us to do to remain relevant.  Plus they need the clicks since I'm assuming the CNN+ debt stack is far from paid back.  

Also, I don't think Trump hates America.  He certainly doesn't love it, but I don't think he hates it.  It's just a convenient vehicle for him is all.  He could take it or leave it, but so long as it enriches him, adores him, and enables him---he's fine with it.  Won't go out of his way to protect it, but he's not so much trying to internally destroy it---he's just looking for levers to pull for his own gain.  We just so happen to have plenty of levers, and they look an awful lot like stupid people with wads of cash.  

But fucking-A on the timing.  Goddamnit!  Just when he was starting to finally cower in the corner and do something really, really stupid.  CNN goes and lets him bring the classic hits with some new cover songs sprinkled on top for his most loyal listeners.  If this woulda happened a month ago, no big deal.  A month from now, probably more mustard on it.  But this was just a shittastic timing.  But it's our fault.  

Who is the food vendor for Mar-a-Lago again?  

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I'm starting to get the impression this is exactly the kind of internal consternating debate that is what CNN wanted us to do to remain relevant.  Plus they need the clicks since I'm assuming the CNN+ debt stack is far from paid back.  

Also, I don't think Trump hates America.  He certainly doesn't love it, but I don't think he hates it.  It's just a convenient vehicle for him is all.  He could take it or leave it, but so long as it enriches him, adores him, and enables him---he's fine with it.  Won't go out of his way to protect it, but he's not so much trying to internally destroy it---he's just looking for levers to pull for his own gain.  We just so happen to have plenty of levers, and they look an awful lot like stupid people with wads of cash.  

But fucking-A on the timing.  Goddamnit!  Just when he was starting to finally cower in the corner and do something really, really stupid.  CNN goes and lets him bring the classic hits with some new cover songs sprinkled on top for his most loyal listeners.  If this woulda happened a month ago, no big deal.  A month from now, probably more mustard on it.  But this was just a shittastic timing.  But it's our fault.  

Who is the food vendor for Mar-a-Lago again?  

Don't you start with this shit.

i can't believe through all this Teresa Heinz-Kerry never had her people workup something about Trump.  I mean, in a distanced way.  But I mean, huge Democratic family with loads of money and political influence.  And the guy is known for putting ketchup on everything from shitty steaks to tacos to drywall.  I mean, it was right fucking there.  And don't give me the "Well the Democrats are too classy and decent to do anything like that."  I mean, it's right fucking there.  You could Eric to star in the ad without any sense of irony.  This is why we can't have nice things! 

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The guys here who think Kaitlan Collins is a good journalist because she pushed back on a few things and she's hot are very depressing. As Bama Chick has already pointed out, Collins broke into the industry working for the fucking Daily Caller, Tucker's nazi online rag that he ran before he got his nazi show on Fox, where she performed shining examples of journalism like ranking hot Syrian refugees. Just a real serious reporter and not-at-all one of countless conservative affirmative-action hires CNN has made over the years.

Plus, homophobic tweets.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, royiv said:

Excellent television? Is your bar for good journalism that it makes for entertaining television? Answer the goddamn question of how CNN giving a fascist a stage in front a fawning audience is good journalism and becoming more centrist.

you come across as a psychopath. Seek help.  When a liar is exposed and countered every single time (Caitlin), that was very refreshing. Let's see you favorite FOX give Biden an hour of live TV. 

• Fuck You 5