Active Shooter at newspaper in Annapolis

Pancho

25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Looked it up.

Jesus Fucking Christ.  https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/2018/06/27/milo-wants-vigilantes-start-killing-journalists-and-hes-not-being-ironic

Let me get this straight -- the TRUMP crowd is daring to call for civility?  That page references a LITANY of calls to murder journalists.  Holy fuck.  

I have no idea if there's any connection to those calls/ideas and this event or not.  But just knowing that sort of conversation is being had, in the open, by folks aligned with Trump and his most passionate supporters....goddamn.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

Wow. Thanks for confirming that, Brisket.

I'm actually hoping it's not a Trumpster doing his bit to make the country great again. I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't want it to be the case. 

If it is a case of extremist violence instead of mental derangement, I hope we don't waste time on the default gun control argument. If this is an act of terrorism........fuck.

Trump and Milo can go straight to hell for incitement whether they're responsible for this or not.

6 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Wow. Thanks for confirming that, Brisket.

I'm actually hoping it's not a Trumpster doing his bit to make the country great again. I wouldn't be surprised, but I don't want it to be the case. 

If it is a case of extremist violence instead of mental derangement, I hope we don't waste time on the default gun control argument. If this is an act of terrorism........fuck.

Trump and Milo can go straight to hell for incitement whether they're responsible for this or not.

If it’s not then it’s a matter of time. He openly calls the press the enemy of the people. That’s why I said above that this was predictable. 

11 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Are we sure this has anything to do with Milo? It could just be a guy that hates getting ink on his hands.

No, watching the presser now and the only things we know are 5 fatalities and shooter is in custody. No name, weapon, or anything else released.  

Edited by SDG

33 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

Are we sure this has anything to do with Milo? It could just be a guy that hates getting ink on his hands.

No, we don't know it has anything to do with Milo at all.  I just went down that rabbit hole when it was mentioned and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT, read what these people are calling for.

28 minutes ago, SDG said:

No, watching the presser now and the only things we know are 5 fatalities and shooter is in custody. No name, weapon, or anything else released.  

Correct.

12 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Maybe we should wait more than 30 minutes before we decide that it was a raging right winger/agent of ISIS/whatever fits your agenda for once.

Agreed.  I just followed the mention of Milo and again, HOLYFUCKINGSHIT.  But yes -- we have no basis to connect this to any motive at this point.  Could be a disgruntled employee, jilted boyfriend, member of the Judean People's Front, what have you.  We'll see what comes out.

6 minutes ago, Royalfan5 said:

I’m going to guess if the suspect has refused to Id himself, and no survivors recognized him it probably wasn’t a disgruntled ex or current employee

Good point, but I also think if this was some political point the perp would be talking about it.

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

No, we don't know it has anything to do with Milo at all.  I just went down that rabbit hole when it was mentioned and HOLYFUCKINGSHIT, read what these people are calling for.

Correct.

Agreed.  I just followed the mention of Milo and again, HOLYFUCKINGSHIT.  But yes -- we have no basis to connect this to any motive at this point.  Could be a disgruntled employee, jilted boyfriend, member of the Judean People's Front, what have you.  We'll see what comes out.

Good point and how was this not bigger news today?

18 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

Maybe we should wait more than 30 minutes before we decide that it was a raging right winger/agent of ISIS/whatever fits your agenda for once.

Let’s be real. Given the high number of casualties it’s reasonable to rule out something personal.

It’s a white guy going on a shooting spree against journalists/media.

I think it’s safe to conclude this guy wasn’t part of the violent left that Fox News has been crying about for the last week.

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Also, how does he reconcile his flaming-pony-dance-homosexuality with aligning with those who think that is a sin and should not be encouraged? The guy Milo seems mentally ill.

Well, nobody (to my knowledge) knows if this shooter was influenced by Milo, but moreover, why should he have to reconcile his flaming-pony-dance-homosexuality with anyone?  He's a flamboyant gay neo-Nazi.  He's not the first.  He won't be the last.  If the neo-Nazis don't like it, they'll disown him (which they have yet to do . . . hmmm).

10 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Well, nobody (to my knowledge) knows if this shooter was influenced by Milo, but moreover, why should he have to reconcile his flaming-pony-dance-homosexuality with anyone?  He's a flamboyant gay neo-Nazi.  He's not the first.  He won't be the last.  If the neo-Nazis don't like it, they'll disown him (which they have yet to do . . . hmmm).

So he's Hermann Goering without the flying skills.

• Haha 1