Hateful shitbag Pat Robertson is dead

Beau Vine

5 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Terminal 8 at JFK, but close.  They moved all of BA to Terminal 8 in early December.  I need to get back my BA Gold status.  Then I can get into the better lounge.

Oh, fuck.  I can't believe I missed that.  I thought the windows were slanted.  But I now see it's a perspective thing.

Regardless--safe travels.

• Hook 'Em 1

In 1988, as a 16-year-old (soon to be 17), Pat Robertson's near victory in the Iowa Republican primary was when I first opened my eyes and began to question my Southern Baptist parents' allegiance to the GOP. Having been raised in that church, the thought of him becoming president scared the fuck out of me at the time and made me wonder what the fuck was wrong with Republicans.

I mean, yeah, I was still nominally a Christian, who had however recently rejected the church in my small West Texas town, but that election started me on a life-long path to never having cast a ballot for a single Republican to this day. So, in some small way, I should thank his sorry ass for keeping me on the straight and narrow.

Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And so it begins.  Arrivederci you hateful shill.

20230608_172319.jpg

Watch out for anyone in yellow sneakers, I've heard that they cause the gay, FaceAids, hurricanes, El Nino, La Nina, and volcanic eruptions.  

See, I can do it as well fundamentalists.  Rest in piss Robertson.

Happy Pride month, be who you are, be proud, and enjoy the freedoms we are afforded like anyone else.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Watch out for anyone in yellow sneakers, I've heard that they cause the gay, FaceAids, hurricanes, El Nino, La Nina, and volcanic eruptions.  
See, I can do it as well fundamentalists.  Rest in piss Robertson.
Happy Pride month, be who you are, be proud, and enjoy the freedoms we are afforded like anyone else.  

You forgot jardiance taint rot
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Thanks.  These are actually my own nails.  I've never had them this long before.  I wanted shocking pink.  I got it.  My toes match the tips.  

Shocking Pink & just the tip?  I mean c'mon, I wanna be respectful but you're just lobbing 'em over the plate here.  

Safe travels.  

7 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

There is a Fred Phelps joke to make with this, but I can't land it, I offer it to all of you.  

Dammit, I know where you're going and all I got is a "Thank you, Andre.  I'll have the Veal Picatta."  What a wonderful day for hate-filled people though.  Somebody toss me a Boggs, or whatever the pro-LGBTQ+ equivalent of shity light beer is! 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The Infamous James Watt, Interior Secretary under Reagan,  died today, too. 

Wow, I just googled "I know Watts wrong" bumpersticker but nothing came up.  

James Gaius Watt (January 31, 1938 – May 27, 2023) was an American lawyer and civil servant who served as U.S. Secretary of the Interior from 1981 to 1983. He was described as "anti-environmentalist", and was one of Ronald Reagan's most controversial cabinet appointments.[1] Watt's pro-development views played an instrumental role in ending the Sagebrush Rebellion.

His tenure as Secretary of the Interior was controversial, primarily because he was perceived as being hostile to environmentalism. Watt opened up nearly all of America’s coastal waters to oil and gas drilling, widened access to coal on federal lands, and eased restrictions on strip-mining.[2] His proposals to sell off federal lands failed due to extensive opposition.[2] In 1983, he resigned following a racially controversial remark he made about affirmative action and soon became a lobbyist for the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.

In 1995, Watt was indicted on 18 counts of felony perjury and obstruction of justice for making false statements before a federal grand jury investigating influence peddling at the Department of Housing and Urban Development at that time. The following year, he was sentenced to five years probation.

Edited by Bullneck

20 hours ago, SimonBolivar said:

Only a few left from the glory days of SBC cultural power over the United States in the late 80s through early 00s. The end can't come soon enough.

yeah? the stripmall grift prophets say hi

10 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Pat Robertson’s death isn’t getting enough love.

Meh, asshole made it to 93, just proves there’s no god or decency in this world that he got to live that long in comfort off the back or marginalized people who he stuck his army of hateful Christian’s against.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Meh, asshole made it to 93, just proves there’s no god or decency in this world that he got to live that long in comfort off the back or marginalized people who he stuck his army of hateful Christian’s against.

This.  Died a rich old man.  Probably left a large inheritance.