Texas Longhorns - 2024 Schedule with a few SEC dates

Pancho

15 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disappointed we don’t have a bye later in November.

especially considering we don’t have a real cupcake in nov. That was one of the things I was looking forward to in the sec. Bye week and a cupcake to move up while everyone else in the other conferences lose and move down 

One home game between sept 29 and nov 8. Not super unusual but still crazy long stretch 

Kentucky at home is as close to a cupcake as you can get lol

• Hook 'Em 1

For the Georgia game for our out of towners this place looks sweet:

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/822439147615951296?adults=2&check_in=2024-10-18&check_out=2024-10-20&source_impression_id=p3_1702515471_Cj5%2BRoV3P2kKviOQ&previous_page_section_name=1000&federated_search_id=374eb0bd-0f0f-4291-b38a-4474e4dcccdf

My friend booked it once for a weekend from out of town and loved it. 

IMG_8511.jpeg

IMG_8512.jpeg

Edited by Nicole44

Dang. 7 home games. A Bye Week during ACL Wknd 1. Annual pilgrimage to Fair Park. One away game at a Blueblood with an iconic stadium I’ve never been to. Another away game at a destination city….

….and then there’s the post season.

We’re gonna be eating poke salad and chicken necks in the first half of ‘24 to afford this shit!

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Prepare your anus 1

2 minutes ago, hornian said:

Please let most/all of the September (and August) games be at night. 

Home games, yes. Michigan will be 11am on Fox. It was part of the deal we made with Fox to get out of the Big 12 contract. It will be interesting because we're now only on ABC and the ESPN networks. So some of our OOC will go to SEC Networks. It will be interesting to see how many night game that gives us since there's only so many games that can go on those networks at night. 

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Disappointed we don’t have a bye later in November.

especially considering we don’t have a real cupcake in nov. That was one of the things I was looking forward to in the sec. Bye week and a cupcake to move up while everyone else in the other conferences lose and move down 

One home game between sept 29 and nov 8. Not super unusual but still crazy long stretch 

Fuck that. We aren't doing the non-conf November cupcake bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Where is this supposed SEC meatgrinder we were all told about in which every game is the football equivalent of Verdun?

Apart from Georgia, this is a schedule that is pretty comparable to your average Big12 schedule in terms of difficulty.  Playing aggy at College Station is roughly equivalent to playing Tech in Lubbock.  Playing Arkansas in Fayettenam is roughly equivalent to a trip to Ames.  But Kentucky, Mississippi State, Vanderbilt?  Don't those match up pretty evenly with Kansas, TCU, and Baylor?

Of course, we could completely shit the bed.  We routinely did that in the Big12 over the past decade.  But if that happens, it won't be because the schedule is so much more difficult than what we faced this year.

But if we don't shit the bed, we'll get the benefit of having played an [hushed and awe-struck voice] SEC Schedule [/hushed and awe-struck voice] when the playoff rankings come out.

Yep.  Tough games against Michigan, OU, and Georgia.  The rest of the conference games would fit perfectly into typical Big 12 parity.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

Of course, we could completely shit the bed.  We routinely did that in the Big12 over the past decade.  But if that happens, it won't be because the schedule is so much more difficult than what we faced this year.

I just don't think the non-rival SEC teams hate us like most of the Big 12 did. All the players at TCU, Tech, and Baylor grew up beating Texas in their backyards. They know if they beat us they will make their names and be legends at their schools. And even to the guys from Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia would get up for us as one of the flagship schools of the conference.

No player from Georgia, Florida, or Alabama is going to feel that way. We will just be another game on their schedule...at least at first.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

I just don't think the non-rival SEC teams hate us like most of the Big 12 did. All the players at TCU, Tech, and Baylor grew up beating Texas in their backyards. They know if they beat us they will make their names and be legends at their schools. And even to the guys from Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State, and West Virginia would get up for us as one of the flagship schools of the conference.

No player from Georgia, Florida, or Alabama is going to feel that way. We will just be another game on their schedule...at least at first.

Well, unless we're the defending national champions.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, WBT said:

Oh and 3 G5 games instead of 2 sucks.  Hopefully the secsecsec finally gets shamed into 9 conf games for '25.  Maybe aggy can say we insisted on it.

Colorado State and UTSA are fine matchups. I like playing the UT System teams. Once UTRGV gets going in 2025 I hope we get them on the schedule as well. 

ULM sucks but hey we need an easy win in there someplace.

1 hour ago, skilesare said:

image.png.bb5752af7a6e555e47a60d5bad67d84b.png Well hell.  Guess I'm not staying downtown for Florida.

if you scroll just a little bit more to the East, you'll se e where nicole is gonna dump the SEC bodies this Autumn.  Little bit more.  Little more. Little bit more.  THERE!  How you like me know?!?!?!?!?!?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

I am happy with it as with the two bye weeks. The back to back of OU and Georgia is brutal but depending on how we and OU fair in the SEC we will welcome a familiar opponent probably in the thick of the schedule 

Back in The Day….we’d almost always play Arkansas followed by SMU after the OU Game. They called it Bloody October. Heck there was even a book.

So the move to the big bad SEC is essentially a step back in time to the bloodbath SWC days

Our tickets just doubled in price! Season tickets. Gone are the days I can barely get face value for a home matchup when I can’t attend a game. That’s what I am excited about. This is easier to see:
IMG_8510.thumb.jpeg.9c6a9da3fd63a8a944b2b5c6ba1a4059.jpeg

I mean outside of Georgia and kinda sorta Florida that home schedule is refried dogshit and would fit in fine with Big 12 schedules in terms of intrigue and quality. 1.5 games out of 7. Not unlike 2022 with Alabama, TCU and who cares.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I don't like Finebaum saying more SEC coaches will want 8 conference games to stay after the next year. Don't puss out. Less shitty buy wins. More conference games. 

They're going to keep that because it will maximize their potential for 12 team playoff. Which means a LOT more revenue for the conference. 

I don't like Finebaum saying more SEC coaches will want 8 conference games to stay after the next year. Don't puss out. Less shitty buy wins. More conference games. 

9 games with 3-6-6 scheduling makes too much sense so it’ll take painfully long to get there.

9 games with 3-6-6 scheduling makes too much sense so it’ll take painfully long to get there.

Coaches don’t make that call though. Their opinion counts about like ours..zilch. The conference is going to hang with 8 until ESPN ponies up big money for a ninth game. Then the ADs will do the deal.

Personally the SEC can do what they want. They could play a 15 game season and tell the ncaa to suck dick. What would ESPN pay for that? I would like the SEC do 10 conference games and 3 ooc, with no FCS games.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

Why not?

Unless you're too young to know this, Texas played in Little Rock every other time they played piggy in arky.

I was in school at UT when we still played them in the SWC, so no.

Their stadium in Fayetteville did not exist in those days and that new stadium seats 20k+ more than the LR stadium. And we played in Fayetteville when we played them in '21.

It's a different situation now.

1 hour ago, MirrOlure said:

Back in The Day….we’d almost always play Arkansas followed by SMU after the OU Game. They called it Bloody October. Heck there was even a book.

So the move to the big bad SEC is essentially a step back in time to the bloodbath SWC days

OU and Arkansas back to back was brutal. 

1 hour ago, BachelorTrek said:

Why not?

Unless you're too young to know this, Texas played in Little Rock every other time they played piggy in arky.

Unless you’re too old to know this, Arkansas hasn’t played meaningful games in LR in 3 decades; why the fuck would they start now?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2