SEC mega screenshots

Longhornfrenzy

23 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

That apparently isn't part of the metric.   Our ratings are largely identical except for salary impact vs other colleges where they kill us by like 26 points and diversity where we beat them by 13.

The University of Texas at Austin

Austin, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

Salary Impact vs. Similar Colleges

Graduation Rate vs. Similar Colleges

Years to Pay Off Net Price

1 year, 6 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$17,519

Value Added to Graduate Salary

$46,713

Texas A & M University - College Station

College Station, TX

Scores and Ranks

Rank/Score

Overall Rank

Overall Score

Student Outcomes

Score/Timeframe

Salary Impact vs. Similar Colleges

Graduation Rate vs. Similar Colleges

Years to Pay Off Net Price

1 year, 10 months

Survey Results

Score

Learning Opportunities

Preparation for Career

Learning Facilities

Recommendation Score

Diversity

Score

Diversity

Cost and Returns

Amount

Average Net Price

$20,976

Value Added to Graduate Salary

$44,877

jimmy fallon reasons GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy FallonDisney Aladdin GIFMeme Scroll GIF by 2020 MTV Video Music Awardsone direction scroll GIF

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

These tech idiots think they're going to show up this year in DKR and get a new result. I expect Texas to take that game very, very personally and Tech isn't going to go 6-8 on 4th down or whatever they did last year. I'm hoping that is the last game against Tech that I watch in my lifetime, and I think Texas is going to beat the absolute shit out of those wannabes like they owed UT money.

Sark isn't the kind of guy to run up the score on conference opponents, but putting 70 on them would be lovely 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Viper said:

Paul had some surprising quotes in there. He could be bloviating given the audience or the recent result, but:

On Texas' announcement to the SEC (24:55)

"I have never been more excited about anything in the SEC. It was simply the biggest moment that I have ever experienced, the next week, when the commissioner finally announced it. And listen, I am excited about Oklahoma too, but there's just nothing like the University of Texas."

On the game vs. Texas (25:51)

"It was the biggest game in Tuscaloosa since 1 vs. 2 with LSU in 2011... That was literally the biggest game I have ever seen. LeBron James couldn't even get a box." Then he takes a dig at the President's Club box. "It's not as impressive as it sounds. It's a couple hundred people who grab pimento cheese sandwiches."

On some Texas fans he interacted with the night before the game (27:08)

"I've never been around more money in my entire life. I mean, there's SEC money, and then there was Texas money... I think the Alabama people were so intimidated the Texas people would buy them out, they were nice to them."

I know he's a Tennessee alum. I think he's been waiting for someone to dethrone Bama for a while. UGA is doing it, and now Texas collapsed the Tide's non-conference streak.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, Noozak said:

Sark isn't the kind of guy to run up the score on conference opponents, but putting 70 on them would be lovely 

I'm not sure what makes you say that, at all. At Texas, he hasn't had the ability to do such at this point. Guy didn't have problems scoring points on conference opponents when he was the OC at Bama. He won't put up 70, sure, but if we're up 35-7 and he puts in the backups in the early 3rd and tells them that we're running the fucking offense, I wouldn't be surprised. 

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'm not sure what makes you say that, at all. At Texas, he hasn't had the ability to do such at this point. Guy didn't have problems scoring points on conference opponents when he was the OC at Bama. He won't put up 70, sure, but if we're up 35-7 and he puts in the backups in the early 3rd and tells them that we're running the fucking offense, I wouldn't be surprised. 

He hung 70 on Tech the first time he played them: https://www.espn.com/college-football/game/_/gameId/401287911

• Hook 'Em 3

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I sure as shit hope to see Texas start taking that approach. That doesn't mean beating someone by 80 points and throwing deep with a minute left, but it does mean that every team Texas plays should leave the game feeling like, at a minimum, they were in a street fight for 60 minutes, and, at a maximum, they had their asses run over repeatedly and mentally defeated for the next time they come to Austin or UT comes to town. If Texas has a chance to embarrass Tech on T+1, they should damned well do it.

Bill Bradley, Vince Young, and Kasey Studdard played with a similar mentality. It's been missing for far too long.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is the world's smallest violin playing for cheating ass Ohio State. I know that Baker isn't from Texas and as much I love Jordan Hicks, he doesn't quite square the account for Garrett Wilson, JSN, JK Dobbins, JT Barrett, Jeffrey Okuda, Baron Browning, Donovan Jackson, etc. Hell, we had to steal Ewers and Watts back from those couch burning assholes. Fuck Ohio State and that pedo Ryan Day forever. Here's to them never outbidding us for another recruit.

slow-clap-wiserhood-lobkz31fwsuuush4.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This is the world's smallest violin playing for cheating ass Ohio State. I know that Baker isn't from Texas and as much I love Jordan Hicks, he doesn't quite square the account for Garrett Wilson, JSN, JK Dobbins, JT Barrett, Jeffrey Okuda, Baron Browning, Donovan Jackson, etc. Hell, we had to steal Ewers and Watts back from those couch burning assholes. Fuck Ohio State and that pedo Ryan Day forever. Here's to them never outbidding us for another recruit.

Terrence Brooks was a signing day flip from them, IIRC. 

Scott Van Pelt tells a great story about being near the tunnel that Bama was coming out of at halftime of the national title game against ND after the 2012 season. Bama was up 28-0 and just beating the absolute shit out of Notre Dame up and down the field.
Barrett Jones was leading the Bama team out of the tunnel and he turned around to the entire team, paused, and then shouts at the top of his lungs: "These assholes signed up for 60 minutes! It is our job to give that to them!" and then they stormed the field and finished beating the shit out of the Irish to the tune of closing out the blowout 42-14. 
I sure as shit hope to see Texas start taking that approach. That doesn't mean beating someone by 80 points and throwing deep with a minute left, but it does mean that every team Texas plays should leave the game feeling like, at a minimum, they were in a street fight for 60 minutes, and, at a maximum, they had their asses run over repeatedly and mentally defeated for the next time they come to Austin or UT comes to town. If Texas has a chance to embarrass Tech on T+1, they should damned well do it.
To beat teams mentally you've got to be like Bama has been the past decade. What I mean by that is teams see Texas on their schedule and think "well, even if we drop the game to Texas we'll still be in good position to run the table and land in X bowl"

On 9/15/2023 at 10:01 AM, texifornia said:

Well now we're going to have to turn this one into a broader enemy screenshot thread since these poor shmucks aren't on the SEC liferaft

F6Bg2Z7XQAAMXun?format=webp&name=mediumF6Bg2q9XIAAT0IE?format=webp&name=mediumF6Bg26WXEAAiVZr?format=webp&name=mediumF6Bg3MyXIAAa-Kd?format=webp&name=mediumF6Bg4FZXMAAP_0f?format=webp&name=mediumF6Bg4ZaW0AA2Oin?format=webp&name=medium

My dream scenario:  we play fOU in the championship, crowd is chanting SEC before the game.  We kick their ass, fetti is falling down.  Yormack has to say the usual complimentary speech, hand out the trophy to us........all while chanting SEC 

• Fuck You 1

5 hours ago, The Kendall Jackson said:

My dream scenario:  we play fOU in the championship, crowd is chanting SEC before the game.  We kick their ass, fetti is falling down.  Yormack has to say the usual complimentary speech, hand out the trophy to us........all while chanting SEC 

fuck that ice cube GIF

• Hook 'Em 9

7 hours ago, The Kendall Jackson said:

Fuck the chanting

Just grab the trophy and Texas will SEC  y’all later.

much later.

Edited by TexasTroll

I don't know, I think some of those folks actually believed they were landing all that talent because kids really do, honestly love... Baton Rouge.

So, some of them are just stupid, but not dishonest hypocrites.

What's most annoying though, is that these slapdicks from other states feel they are somehow entitled to any player in Texas they want, and that The University of Texas shouldn't have anything to say about that.  That's what decades of a tilted, SEC-bag-filled recruiting landscape has taught them, and watching them attempt to adapt to the new reality, is amusing and delicious..

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, utee94 said:

I don't know, I think some of those folks actually believed they were landing all that talent because kids really do, honestly love... Baton Rouge.

So, some of them are just stupid, but not dishonest hypocrites.

What's most annoying though, is that these slapdicks from other states feel they are somehow entitled to any player in Texas they want, and that The University of Texas shouldn't have anything to say about that.  That's what decades of a tilted, SEC-bag-filled recruiting landscape has taught them, and watching them attempt to adapt to the new reality, is amusing and delicious..

I was unhappy with NIL and the way it was launched. So far, it's okay. We seem to be recruiting guys that aren't pure mercenaries.

I do love the squealing from the bag man schools about us paying above board legit NIL money. People who take Texas money are money whores. Losers clutching their pearls. Fuck them. Fuck the SEC.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1