2023 Fuck Fantasy Football

closetohumping

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

In my other league I'm absolutely rolling - but our commish set it up as a 2 week championship with week 2 being the last week of the season. Fully expecting some fucky shit in week 18.

Same, but I'm lucky none of my big point scorers are on top teams that may rest starters.  I have no one on Miami, Philly, Detroit, Dallas and 1 player on SF (Purdy) - how the fuck was I the #1 seed lol.  Purdy is only my backup QB - Josh Allen will have more to play for in weeks 17/18 and will likely be my champ starter.  I have Justin Tucker but I'm not worried about Baltimore resting their kicker in week 18. 

My opponent has some players that could end up rested for week 18 - Pollard, Gibbs, LaPorta, St. Brown, Tua. 

In fact, most of my players are on teams still fighting for playoff bids/seeding - Josh Allen, Kyren Williams, Bijan, Rice, Chandler, London.  I'm just screwed trying to find a Hock replacement. Put in a waiver claim for Okonkwo. 

Still feeling the high of blasting my way into the championship game by 60 points in the semifinal.  There's a pretty decent hunk of change on the line in the final, and I'm wondering the best way to handle my QB situation. 

I had Herbert, and when he went down I grabbed both Flacco and Mullens.  So far I've been riding Joe "I'm somehow relevant for fantasy in 2023" Flacco and he's been nails for the past couple of weeks.  But this week he's outdoors in the rain against the Jets who actually play pass defense.  My inclination is to go with Mullens since he's playing middling Green Bay at home in a dome. 

Beyond the absurdity of playing for a league title with either of those two at QB, what do ya'll think?  Ride the hot hand in Flacco or play Mullens with the better matchup?

Edited by Darth Tron

Is Browning available? He’s been surprisingly serviceable and the Chiefs have looked soft as of late.
I squeaked into the finals myself. Took every point I could get out of cmc and Aiyuk last night. Speaking of QBs, I’m somewhat “stuck” with Tua and his bad matchup against BAL. Carr is available. Do we like him better? He seems to be ranked a little higher in week 17. Standard league.

Browning was gone weeks ago in my league.  Top available are Kyler Murray, Taylor Heinicke, and Bryce Young.  Gave thought to Murray, but I just don't trust him.

Carr vs. Tua is tough.  Hard to bench that Miami offense, but Carr is unquestionably the better matchup and better trendline.  I might go with Carr, but then Tua would go off on my bench with my luck.

Edited by Darth Tron

Champ week 1 roster, I think:

Allen over Purdy (Wilson put up 24 on the NE defense, so Allen should do well enough)

Kyren Williams

Bijan

D Robinson

R Rice

T Chandler

Okonkwo

Raiders defense

Tucker

bench options: Purdy, Gus Edwards, London, Reed, Ravens defense. I doubt Keenan Allen plays :(

7 hours ago, Js1 said:

Why split the pot, just out of niceness? I guess if it’s a huge amount of money. Does your league give the whole pot to the winner? We are doing 1st place gets 62.5%, runner up gets 25% and 3rd place gets their buy-in money back. 

It’s a 2k pot, 200 buy in, all goes to winner. I offered cause thought it was the “right” thing to do but wasn’t sure if it was some sort of faux pas. 

My roster for the championship game:

Allen

Lamb

D. Smith

Pollard

Chandler

Njoku 

For my flex and superflex spots, I’m waiting for updates on Pacheco and Lawrence. If neither is available, I have Gabe Davis and Spears. Not ideal. Looking to pick up Doubs, Pickens, or Osborn.

Butker and the Bills D are in the remaining spots. 

20 hours ago, Darth Tron said:

Browning was gone weeks ago in my league.  Top available are Kyler Murray, Taylor Heinicke, and Bryce Young.  Gave thought to Murray, but I just don't trust him.

Carr vs. Tua is tough.  Hard to bench that Miami offense, but Carr is unquestionably the better matchup and better trendline.  I might go with Carr, but then Tua would go off on my bench with my luck.

Kyler is fighting for his job.  I’d consider him 

cj vs Tennessee 

fields vs atl

mullens browning stick etc are available

Warren vs Seattle 

Montgomery vs Dallas?

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Kyler is fighting for his job.  I’d consider him 

cj vs Tennessee 

fields vs atl

mullens browning stick etc are available

Warren vs Seattle 

Montgomery vs Dallas?

With QB, I'd rather my opponent start Fields than Stroud.  Of course the injury status comes into play there. 

Mullens would be my call out of the waivers mentioned.  Browning pretty much gets what's given to him and KC won't give him much.  Mullens throws INTs but he also throws for yards and TDs.   

Tough call between what you've got and what's out there.  Stroud's injury muddies things up for you.

For RB you gotta go Montgomery.  With my league's scoring  Warren hasn't scored above 10 points since week 11.

Of course, now that I say that Warren will go off.  Please don't blame me.

Edited by Darth Tron
Caveat
  • Hook 'Em 2

In my fantasy final.  Hopeful Stroud can play because he and Dell got me to this point and I eked it out in semis without them and with Mullen.  Anyway, need to play two of Singletary (HOU), Warren (PIT), Gabe Davis (Buff), Jav. Williams (Den). 

Everything points to Singletary and Warren, but I benched Davis last week and nearly paid for it (Justin Tucker saved my ass -- was down 12 heading into that last game).  And for some reason, not sure about Singletary.  Thoughts?

Championship morning!  Looks like Josh Jacobs isn't starting, so I grabbed Zamir White off the waiver wire.  I put him in my flex and took out Aaron Jones.  Jones is too high variance for me with the injuries and spotty starts.  I have a huge lead due to CeeDee Lamb and I just want a reliable floor setter in my flex.

On 12/27/2023 at 1:22 PM, gyroprotagonist said:

Bijan or Ayuk this week?

Bijan's coach is a regard.

That last idiotic drive by Dallas that led to the Lions marching down the field and only throwing it to LaPorta and St. Brown hurt so much. 

Going with Purdy this week against the worst defense in the NFL missing both starting corners. Going RB heavy with Bijan, Kyren and Zeke in my flex. 

12 minutes ago, Stunns38 said:

It’s criminal how this season has played out for Bijan.

I should still win 3rd place but Bijan (ahem Art Smith) definitely cost me some wins.

Seriously. I have to bench Bijan next week. I can’t see how he’s going to win me a championship with single digit weeks based on his usage by his moron head coach 

Pacheco having his best game of the fucking season against me. Kyren Williams with another 30 and Lamar with 36.

Meanwhile CMC gets hurt, Henry has another dogshit game, Pitts has another dogshit game. 

Going to have to flip the script next week.

If I played in a league that went into week 18 I would quit. That’s some dumb fucking shit most years. 

Won my home league and finished second in my more competitive auction $ league. Grabbing Puka on waivers after week 1 carried both of my teams. 

1 minute ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If I played in a league that went into week 18 I would quit. That’s some dumb fucking shit most years. 

My saving grace is I don’t have anyone important who will be rested. 

Won my home league and finished second in my more competitive auction $ league. Grabbing Puka on waivers after week 1 carried both of my teams. 

It’s infuriating, but I have placed either first or second 5/6 years in the one I’m in, including this year where I should win again (I’m up 46 going into next week), so I continue to stay in it.

I also won in another league today, and will lose in a third one unless Justin Jefferson scores 47. Not bad overall.

I stopped playing in one league where I lost 3 finals in a row due to the last week of the season.
  • Hook 'Em 2

Two leagues, two championship games. 

Got blown the hell out in one, I stomped a mudhole in my opponent in the good one.

There were way too many lame duck games having a major impact on rosters at the end. Maybe the fantasy season should be shortened by a week.

Lost by three in the championship. Can’t complain. It was a good season. I rode in first place all the way up into this one. The loss is on me, I got some bad advice to go with the Raiders D..🤦‍♂️😬

see y’all in next year‘s bad advice and shattered  dreams thread.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2023 at 11:34 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Benched flacco for Gino

sat Dortch for dionte johnson

Played Tampa bay kicker over houston

benched Houston D for Jax. 

lost by 10

fuck fantasy football

Lol. You lost by 27

32 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Carson Wentz Vs. Sam Darnold.

Good luck to anyone in a worthless week 18 final. 

I got DECIMATED. My opponent had Nico Collins, Breece Hall, Jonathan Taylor and St Brown. He scored 170 today. I was down 1 after week 17 and will lose by 50

Fuck you week 18. We definitely decided last night to amend that 

• Hook 'Em 1

Anyone have S. Diggs in a keeper league? Would you keep him or should I be able to get a better reciver with a 1st round pick?  Im in a 12-Man 3 Keeper league.

Thinking about it now, does a keeper league increase the disparity of competion? Since the bottom teams will not have access to top players that the top teams keep? Seems like the top teams can hold a monopoly on the league.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:41 AM, Enemy07 said:

Anyone have S. Diggs in a keeper league? Would you keep him or should I be able to get a better reciver with a 1st round pick?  Im in a 12-Man 3 Keeper league.

Thinking about it now, does a keeper league increase the disparity of competion? Since the bottom teams will not have access to top players that the top teams keep? Seems like the top teams can hold a monopoly on the league.

In my keeper league you don’t get the first pick with the worst record. The winner of the loser bracket gets top pick 

One of my two leagues runs a playoffs only ff pool that  most of us play. We had to scramble to find a new website to host it this year because our league site didnt offer it this year. In this new site's playoff pool structure, everybody  picks one player from each team in the playoffs (so 14 players: 2QB, 4RB, 4WR, 2TE, 1 DEF, 1K) Its not a draft, so everyone has the option to  pick any player. And you keep the same players for the duration of the playoffs. While there are a few players that show up on most rosters (Tyreke, McCaffrey), there's enough variety between the 10 teams that I doubt it goes to tie breakers. 

So obviously each week, everyone has the same number of players and you just have to hope your 2 final players in the superbowl are high scorers rather than  your kicker and Def. It was kind of interesting to think it it through, I probably spent about 30 minutes on it this morning. There will obviously be a lot of luck involved, but after initially disliking the structure, now I kind of dig it. Its different and was  only $25, so its not a big deal win or lose.