2023 Other Games Thread

shadow_operative2.0

7 hours ago, Kwix said:

Guess I don't understand how the clock changes matter if you are starting on offense 1 half either way.

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

We’ll have to see. In Ryan Day’s call in show last week a caller asked him about taking the ball first if they won the toss and he said it was something they were thinking about. We all know the conventional thinking. But with fewer possessions, maybe the thinking is that it’s even more to your advantage to score first and put the pressure on the other team. Maybe you don’t want to give your opponent a chance to take a lot of time off the clock. It’s uncharted territory and it’s obviously something coaches are thinking about. It’s a different approach. It’s a thing to pay attention to and see what happens. 

For anyone who’s curious, tOSU won the toss and took the ball to start again today. That’s the only coin toss other than PSU-Illinois that I know about so far today. And I only learned about it from the postgame show on the radio. I’m going to watch to see who wins the toss in the TCU-UH game coming up in a little bit. They don’t tell you in the box scores who wins the toss. It would be helpful if they did. Maybe they do at the official athletic sites. I haven’t checked. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

41 minutes ago, Homercles said:

I’m to the point as an osu fan that I want a shitty season so Gundy is forced to make a few changes…a new OC, OL coach and get his head out of his ass.  

Gundy can't fix your problems because Gundy is your problem. He's just not equipped to handle the portal/NIL.

23 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Some lineman from Florida threw a punch there and is going to have a nice suspension to show for it.  Tennessee guy knew what he was doing, just kept backing up and jawing, trying to get him to do something stupid.

That said, fuck Tennessee and their inability to beat Florida in the Swamp…even when we suck